Jets Season Tickets

JetNation

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Well it's official I'm a PSL owner in section 240, paid about .075 on the dollar, now can't wait to park next to @SAR I BMW, hope I don't accidentally dent it when I open my door

240 is fantastic, congrats!

Now you need to lock up green parking passes, if they didn't come-with then call the Jets ticket department and see what they have.

Good job.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Now you need to lock up green parking passes, if they didn't come-with then call the Jets ticket department and see what they have.

Good job.

SAR I

Green Parking pass is already booked!

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Green Parking pass is already booked!

Well done.

Make sure you plot out which lot you intend to park in based on egress to where you live.  There is a secret way out.  I hesitate to tell you but I will if asked.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Well done.

Make sure you plot out which lot you intend to park in based on egress to where you live.  There is a secret way out.  I hesitate to tell you but I will if asked.

SAR I

I need to go North on 17 to get to the GSP North.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:35 PM, Maxman said:

I like it. I didn't do one thing differently, I always go to all 10 games and I go in before kickoff. I don't do any of the radio codes for bonus points etc. So nothing changed for me in how I watched the Jets other than I swipe a card instead of have to bring in paper tickets.

And this year I redeemed my points for four lift tickets to Mountain creek. We were going skiing anyway. The tickets would have cost me $75 each. So I saved $300 by doing nothing differently. I am pretty happy about Jets rewards.

Lemons to lemonade. Well done boss. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Why do I think you could probably give pros and cons to every single seat in the stadium? Cept cheap seats of course. 

yy9_zps9kezyh9x.jpg

yy3%201_zpsz7ovtgq2.jpg

yy8_zps64rzqfp0.jpg

yy1_zpsecwkggnq.jpg

yy3%202_zpsaagiuadf.jpg

yy4_zpssas8gmz3.jpg

yy6_zpss06bajmz.jpg

Because I can.

On JI back in 2007 and 2008 I believe I was the foremost expert on MetLife as it was being built, they had a webcam and every day I'd see new seats go in and all the nuances, I'd post screencaps of what looked like obstructed views, drip lines, sightlines, sun/shade division, height of the UD, after awhile we had about 50 PSL and season ticket holders all helping each other, the Stadium Thread was epic.

And, as an added bonus, I became a bit of a legend in the Jets ticket management office, they reached out to me, gave me one of the earliest tours of the place, I met Mr. Johnson and several of the operations VP's, they were very pleased at the grass-roots effort to help fellow Jets fans.  I enjoyed every moment of it.

SAR I

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Good job.

SAR I

one of the many scams and lies told by the jets -green parking passes "exclusive to the better psls"

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

yes especially when the jets change things-example green parking spots, tickets being resold without the psl

All the woes you are describing are occurring because of New York Jets fans who don't go to games.  Perhaps you know one.

Flash back to 2011, the stadium is virtually sold out, the lots were jammed, you couldn't get a green parking pass if you tried (I know, I did) and PSL prices, three years after they were introduced, were stable.  Jets were an elite team, we had an exciting head coach, a young QB, 4 playoff wins, cover of Sports Illustrated, the upper deck was packed, I'm sure you remember.

Today, the team is a loser, our head coach is a dead-man-walking, and 3/4 of the upper deck is empty.  PSL owners who can't attend every game put their seats up at 50% or 75% off and they still can't get sold.  And then you have the Jets, a ton of unsold seating inventory, a ton of unsold premium parking inventory. 

So they create packages for seats without PSL and green passes for fans to get a shorter walk, and somehow the Jets are wrong for this?  Let me see-  they should keep prices artificially high and close the green lots, why?  To make even fewer fans come to the games?  If the millions of Jets fans in the NY metro area attend 1-2 games a year, the stadium is full, the Jets don't need to discount. 

It's other Jets fans that are making you upset about PSL and Club perks being compromised.  Blame them.

SAR I

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Caveat Emptor, people

PSL holders got what we asked for, we cannot be unhappy. 

New stadium, check.  Seats in our own name, check.  Any location we wanted, check.  Squatters and scalpers evicted from the best views, check.  Ability to sell PSL's at will, check.  Ability to easily sell gameday tickets above or below face value, check.  Ownership that's willing to spend the money to build a winner, check.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

PSL holders got what we asked for, we cannot be unhappy. 

New stadium, check.  Seats in our own name, check.  Any location we wanted, check.  Squatters and scalpers evicted from the best views, check.  Ability to sell PSL's at will, check.  Ability to easily sell gameday tickets above or below face value, check.  Ownership that's willing to spend the money to build a winner, check.

SAR I

SAR I those of us who gave up season tickets got what we wished for. 

A mess and an empty stadium many longtime season ticket holders like myself were forced out of our seats and not offered seats anywhere near where we originally were. 

Enjoy the ride because when the team plays bad owning season tickets sucks. 

Been there done that. 

joewilly12 

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I those of us who gave up season tickets got what we wished for. 

A mess and an empty stadium many longtime season ticket holders like myself were forced out of our seats and not offered seats anywhere near where we originally were. 

Enjoy the ride because when the team plays bad owning season tickets sucks. 

Been there done that. 

joewilly12 

Longtime season ticket holders who were born under a lucky star and got the best seats in the house at 500% discounts were not "forced" out of the stadium.  That's a ridiculous way to look at it.

You were gifted great seats you didn't deserve for decades and when it finally became time to pay fair market value or take your lumps and enjoy average seats like the rest of us were forced to what did you do?

You quit on the team.  It's disgusting.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Longtime season ticket holders who were born under a lucky star and got the best seats in the house at 500% discounts were not "forced" out of the stadium.  That's a ridiculous way to look at it.

You were gifted great seats you didn't deserve for decades and when it finally became time to pay fair market value or take your lumps and enjoy average seats like the rest of us were forced to what did you do?

You quit on the team.  It's disgusting.

SAR I

SAR I I wasn't gifted anything I put my name on the season ticket waiting list, every year I got the little postcard in the mail with my number on it. My number came up around 1989. i purchased 4 season tickets I paid the price of admission at the time. I kept the tickets through thick and thin and never once sold any tickets to an opposing teams fans. I barely ever missed a game once I married and had kids I scheduled family activities around Jets games. Prior to 1989 I scalped tickets. 

I did not quit on the Jets the Jets quit on me when they offered me seats that weren't as good as the ones I originally got while waiting on the season ticket waiting list. The PSL fee wasn't for me at the time especially the cost to be somewhat close to where i was originally sitting. 

Not a quitter and never sold out on the team something you will never be able to say. 

joewilly12 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I I wasn't gifted anything I put my name on the season ticket waiting list, every year I got the little postcard in the mail with my number on it. My number came up around 1989. i purchased 4 season tickets I paid the price of admission at the time. I kept the tickets through thick and thin and never once sold any tickets to an opposing teams fans. I barely ever missed a game once I married and had kids I scheduled family activities around Jets games. Prior to 1989 I scalped tickets. 

I did not quit on the Jets the Jets quit on me when they offered me seats that weren't as good as the ones I originally got while waiting on the season ticket waiting list. The PSL fee wasn't for me at the time especially the cost to be somewhat close to where i was originally sitting. 

Not a quitter and never sold out on the team something you will never be able to say. 

joewilly12 

Ten minutes ago you said that you had seats so good that the Jets could not offer replacements anywhere near where you originally were. 

Okay.

No waitlister coming off the list in 1989 could possibly wind up anywhere outside of the upper deck endzones or maybe the 10 yard line.  And there are plenty of those, PSL-free, at MetLife Stadium.

Nice try.

SAR I

So my rep says they won't have a full idea of ticket inventory until after June. They do expect some people to walk away, but most return especially the old timers. He sounded like a realistic drug dealer, lol. 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

So my rep says they won't have a full idea of ticket inventory until after June. They do expect some people to walk away, but most return especially the old timers. He sounded like a realistic drug dealer, lol.

PSLOWNERS_zpsf6c3074c.jpg

Here's where the math sets you free.

While there are 82,500 seats in the stadium, 27,500 of those are upper deck seats with no PSL.  And the average season ticket subscriber has 3 seats.  So...

(82,500 - 27,500) ÷ 3 = 18,000

We throw around some big numbers when discussing the cavernous stadium, but in a NYC Metro area of 20 million people all it takes is a paltry 18,000 diehard Jets fans to write annual season ticket checks in order to keep the status quo.  If, for sh*ts and giggles, the Jets invited us to take a photo in the upper deck, we'd occupy the space highlighted in green in the photo above.

And, trust me, those 18,000 people are quite loyal, remember we paid $3,000 to $15,000 for PSL's x 3 seats, that's some major coin, we can afford it and we are smart enough to know that in a 30 year span we'll be like every other NFL team-  if we're fortunate, we'll have 20 lousy seasons but 10 really special ones.

PSL turnover will be the usual 2%.  Upper deckers will flee because of Woody Johnson's benevolence.  Big mistake not putting $1000 PSL's on the upper deck like the Giants did.  Did a generous thing, Jets fans take advantage of him.  Typical.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

While there are 82,500 seats in the stadium, 27,500 of those are upper deck seats with no PSL.  And the average season ticket subscriber has 3 seats.  So...

We throw around some big numbers when discussing the cavernous stadium, but in a NYC Metro area of 20 million people all it takes is a paltry 18,000 diehard Jets fans to write annual season ticket checks in order to keep the status quo.  If, for sh*ts and giggles, the Jets invited us to take a photo in the upper deck, we'd occupy the space highlighted in green in the photo above.

And, trust me, those 18,000 people are quite loyal, remember we paid $3,000 to $15,000 for PSL's x 3 seats, that's some major coin, we can afford it and we are smart enough to know that in a 30 year span we'll be like every other NFL team-  if we're fortunate, we'll have 20 lousy seasons but 10 really special ones.

PSL turnover will be the usual 2%.  Upper deckers will flee because of Woody Johnson's benevolence.  Big mistake not putting $1000 PSL's on the upper deck like the Giants did.  Did a generous thing, Jets fans take advantage of him.  Typical.

SAR I

If memory serves, the Jets are no longer beholden after year 25. I doubt the New Dump is there in 30 years, much less the world at this point. 

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm hoping some people bail out in my section so I can move over from the 32 yard line nearer the 40.  

Pretty soon you'll be smack dab on the 50, right where Joe Willy's mythical "I just got off the waitlist and look where they put me!" seats were in the old dump.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, jetophile said:

If memory serves, the Jets are no longer beholden after year 25. I doubt the New Dump is there in 30 years, much less the world at this point. 

Well, we're about to kick off Year 8 (has time really moved that quickly?) so there are only 22 more to go, the place is holding up very well, lots of life left in her.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Pretty soon you'll be smack dab on the 50, right where Joe Willy's mythical "I just got off the waitlist and look where they put me!" seats were in the old dump.

SAR I

can't afford game day prices in that section.  My section straddles from about the 25 to about 42, I think.  I also don't want to be all the way at the top or down too low.  Rows 16-21 for me please.  

45 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm hoping some people bail out in my section so I can move over from the 32 yard line nearer the 40.  

The rep I spoke with said the same thing, I'm seats 11, and 12 so assuming I'm somewhere around the 30-35 yard line, hoping others walk away and I can get closer to the 40.

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ten minutes ago you said that you had seats so good that the Jets could not offer replacements anywhere near where you originally were. 

Okay.

No waitlister coming off the list in 1989 could possibly wind up anywhere outside of the upper deck endzones or maybe the 10 yard line.  And there are plenty of those, PSL-free, at MetLife Stadium.

Nice try.

SAR I

The seats I had were in 135 17 rows off the field when they offered seats first by seniority I was bumped back further almost to the very last row the PSL's at that time were $10k a seat I think I had 4 I would have owed the Jets $40k plus ticket value and parking.  My brother in law had 4 UD seats no psl's he transferred them to me for the inaugural season and what a mistake that was the UD sucks. I decided to not renew them either. 

My seats that I waited for on the season ticket waiting list were lost because of the PSL's so be it. 

Nice way to treat loyal fans who didnt buy in but waited on the waiting list for years. 

joewilly12 

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I dont tell LIES SAR I you should try it sometimes. 

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nice way to treat loyal fans who didnt buy in but waited on the waiting list for years. 

joewilly12 

I waited AND PAID to be on the Wait list from the day I drew my first paycheck as a 16 year old in the summer of '96. 

I was FINALLY called off the list when 2009 was a "Lame-Duck" Year and TONS of STH jumped ship. I RAN to board the STH ship when everyone else said it was sinking and on fire.

I, after 13 years of waiting and 1 year @ Giants Stadium, FINALLY got to purchase SeasonTix for the Seats of MY CHOICE WITHIN MY PRICE range and Principles of Value in a JETS HOME STADIUM. 

I have flown to Jamaica, The Bahamas, and Ft. Lauderdale FOR FREE Roundtrip, in addition to other Free Events and prizes, ALL Thanks to the Jets and having purchased a PSL.

I feel I've been rather loyal as a fan, I can't expect much more than a winning team, right?

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I waited AND PAID to be on the Wait list from the day I drew my first paycheck as a 16 year old in the summer of '96. 

I was FINALLY called off the list when 2009 was a "Lame-Duck" Year and TONS of STH jumped ship. I RAN to board the STH ship when everyone else said it was sinking and on fire.

I, after 13 years of waiting and 1 year @ Giants Stadium, FINALLY got to purchase SeasonTix for the Seats of MY CHOICE WITHIN MY PRICE range and Principles of Value in a JETS HOME STADIUM. 

I have flown to Jamaica, The Bahamas, and Ft. Lauderdale FOR FREE Roundtrip, in addition to other Free Events and prizes, ALL Thanks to the Jets and having purchased a PSL.

I feel I've been rather loyal as a fan, I can't expect much more than a winning team, right?

Agree at one point or another the Jets have found a way to shove it up our asses. 

I tell no lies when it comes to my season tickets, especially the part about never ever selling them to anyone especially opposing teams fans. 

I was a loyal season ticket holder who waited on the waiting list for my turn only to be burned by the PSL. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Last time I checked, every other NFL team doesn't make their fans buy a PSLs, and the ones that do don't share a stadium with another NFL team.

If there are so many millions of Jets fans in the metro area, why do they need a PSL to guarantee that the seats are filled?  

6 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

Last time I checked, every other NFL team doesn't make their fans buy a PSLs, and the ones that do don't share a stadium with another NFL team.

If there are so many millions of Jets fans in the metro area, why do they need a PSL to guarantee that the seats are filled?  

Well let me tell you his answer before he does it was to clean out the stadium of all the drunken riff raft the blue collar burping and farting crowd who tailgate and listen to 80"s rock music and it was supposed to improve the fan atmosphere. 

Real answer Woody and Mara and Tisch's are money hungry blood sucking vultures with 2 NFL teams sharing a stadium that place should be the mecca taj mahal of all stadiums and its far from it. 

The PSL's are backfiring on the NY Jets. 

Just what we need another slobber knocker PSL debate here to get the blood flowing. :D

Archived