Jets Season Tickets

JetNation

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Well let me tell you his answer before he does it was to clean out the stadium of all the drunken riff raft the blue collar burping and farting crowd who tailgate and listen to 80"s rock music and it was supposed to improve the fan atmosphere. 

Real answer Woody and Mara and Tisch's are money hungry blood sucking vultures with 2 NFL teams sharing a stadium that place should be the mecca taj mahal of all stadiums and its far from it. 

The PSL's are backfiring on the NY Jets. 

Just what we need another slobber knocker PSL debate here to get the blood flowing. :D

Backfiring on the New York Jets and an opportunity for those who waited.

I'm thrilled with mine.

17 rows off the field, Verizon corner for 250 bucks each.

Cheaper than in a cup of coffee a day.

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Well let me tell you his answer before he does it was to clean out the stadium of all the drunken riff raft the blue collar burping and farting crowd who tailgate and listen to 80"s rock music and it was supposed to improve the fan atmosphere. 

Real answer Woody and Mara and Tisch's are money hungry blood sucking vultures with 2 NFL teams sharing a stadium that place should be the mecca taj mahal of all stadiums and its far from it. 

Just what we need another slobber knocker PSL debate here to get the blood flowing. :D

I can't agree with this more. The stadium is so generic, looks horrible from the outside. Nothing special about the concourses, and traffic flow inside the stadium is a bit odd.

For the money that funded this stadium, it should've been a work of art (see Atlanta's new digs). 

Not only did we get stuck back in NJ, it was with the Giants, and the stadium is nowhere near what it could be. Woody took the easy route.

10 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

I'm thrilled with mine.

PSL's selling on the open market for pennies on the dollar. 

The NY Jets selling seating no PSL required in areas that PSL owners are paying the license fee for. 

Many defaulting on PSL's 

It seems to me the old way the stadium was sold out weekly with mostly longtime diehard Jets fans in the seats now not so much. 

On 3/24/2017 at 6:28 AM, Flushing Roots said:

I'm thrilled with mine.

Yes you got them for 250 bucks each, but that is fair market value. 

The gripe I had with mine were the fact that I still had to pay for tickets. You're going to pay more next preseason than you did for the entire PSL allotment you have. That is where the Jets do not care who buys the PSL and at what cost, they are just happy its sold and have someone on the hook buying their over priced tickets, rather than going the secondary market route and getting the tickets for pennies on the dollar. 

3 minutes ago, Hofstra Jet said:

The gripe I had with mine were the fact that I still had to pay for tickets. You're going to pay more next preseason than you did for the entire PSL allotment you have. That is where the Jets do not care who buys the PSL and at what cost, they are just happy its sold and have someone on the hook buying their over priced tickets, rather than going the secondary market route and getting the tickets for pennies on the dollar. 

Correct you can purchase tickets in the secondary market with no PSL fee cheaper than those paying the PSL fee and the ticket price. 

The Jets are selling seats in the PSL zones and you can sit next to a guy paying $10k PSL fee a seat every week if you wanted to. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Correct you can purchase tickets in the secondary market with no PSL fee cheaper than those paying the PSL fee and the ticket price. 

The Jets are selling seats in the PSL zones and you can sit next to a guy paying $10k PSL fee a seat every week if you wanted to

No one pays face value that doesn't have season tickets though.. So that should even be an issue if you don't have seasons. If you bought a PSL and that was the case, I am sure it would infuriate people. 

3 minutes ago, Hofstra Jet said:

No one pays face value that doesn't have season tickets though.. So that should even be an issue if you don't have seasons. If you bought a PSL and that was the case, I am sure it would infuriate people. 

The NY Jets are selling single game tickets for the same price in PSL zones that the PSL holder paid for the game ticket. 

25 minutes ago, Hofstra Jet said:

They are overpriced now because the team is not performing.

They start winning and the tickets will not be overpriced anymore.

Look at the Giant PSLs and their ST prices.

Giant PSLs on the secondary market are priced higher than the original face value in most cases.

Try to buy Giant/Cowboys, Giant/Eagles or Giant/Redskins on the secondary market.  You will pay much higher than face.

I am hopeful, as we all are, that the Jet's will turn this around.  That happens, PSL and ST market values will rise.

21 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Giant PSLs on the secondary market are priced higher than the original face value in most cases.

Try to buy Giant/Cowboys, Giant/Eagles or Giant/Redskins on the secondary market.  You will pay much higher than face.

I am hopeful, as we all are, that the Jet's will turn this around.  That happens, PSL and ST market values will rise.

This is very correct. Allow me to be rude here. **** Giants and Giants fans. The minute they lose Eli they will fall back to mediocrity for the foreseable future. Watch their PSL values come down big time. See their ticket prices come down big time. Give Jets fans a franchise QB and watch what happens. Jets fans are better than Giants fans. 

36 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Your logic isn't rocket science. Win games put a decent product on the field Jets fans return to MetLife and tickets get back to their value worth.

It will take a deep playoff run to warrant a raise in ticket prices here. 

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

Correct, Jets go 11-5 again like 2010 with a promising young QB (yes he turned out to be the suck) you can sell your PSL, or Game Tickets for much more then you paid for.  

51 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Correct, Jets go 11-5 again like 2010 with a promising young QB (yes he turned out to be the suck) you can sell your PSL, or Game Tickets for much more then you paid for.  

Disagree breaking even will be tough at this point 1 winning successful season unless its a Super Bowl victory is the only thing that will help PSL sales. 

On 3/23/2017 at 5:29 PM, joewilly12 said:

The seats I had were in 135 17 rows off the field when they offered seats first by seniority I was bumped back further almost to the very last row the PSL's at that time were $10k a seat I think I had 4 I would have owed the Jets $40k plus ticket value and parking.  My brother in law had 4 UD seats no psl's he transferred them to me for the inaugural season and what a mistake that was the UD sucks. I decided to not renew them either. 

My seats that I waited for on the season ticket waiting list were lost because of the PSL's so be it. 

Nice way to treat loyal fans who didnt buy in but waited on the waiting list for years. 

joewilly12

You had no problem with the Jets giving you $40,000 worth of seats for $0 from 1989 to 2009, so what exactly was the problem in doing the right thing for the Jets by paying $40,000 in PSL's to stay there besides your cheapness and selfishness?

All you Giant Stadium Quitters want to do is complain about PSL prices.  Just for once I'd like one of you to recognize that you had the luckiest break in professional sports for 20 years, you had New York premium lower level sports seats selling for 10x through scalpers at upper deck prices.  And you don't say 'thank you'.  And you don't pay up now.  And you don't show up.  And you should shut up.

SAR I

On 3/23/2017 at 5:39 PM, Gas2No99 said:

I waited AND PAID to be on the Wait list from the day I drew my first paycheck as a 16 year old in the summer of '96. 

I was FINALLY called off the list when 2009 was a "Lame-Duck" Year and TONS of STH jumped ship. I RAN to board the STH ship when everyone else said it was sinking and on fire.

I, after 13 years of waiting and 1 year @ Giants Stadium, FINALLY got to purchase SeasonTix for the Seats of MY CHOICE WITHIN MY PRICE range and Principles of Value in a JETS HOME STADIUM. 

I have flown to Jamaica, The Bahamas, and Ft. Lauderdale FOR FREE Roundtrip, in addition to other Free Events and prizes, ALL Thanks to the Jets and having purchased a PSL.

I feel I've been rather loyal as a fan, I can't expect much more than a winning team, right?

Perfectly stated.

PSL's were a dream come true for a Giant Stadium Waitlister.  For years we were frozen out by blue collar ingrates, the only way to get in was begging scalpers in the parking lot before taking the bus of shame back to the Port Authority after striking out.  It's our turn now.  They cry about how they were priced out of the stadium after taking advantage for 20+ years.  They can go f themselves, take our table scraps off Stubhub and like it.

SAR I

On 3/23/2017 at 5:49 PM, joewilly12 said:

I was a loyal season ticket holder who waited on the waiting list for my turn only to be burned by the PSL.

You weren't 'burned' by the PSL.  You are spoiled and selfish.

Recognize that a $25 seat in 137 was $100 in every other stadium at the time, and when we moved in 2009 that seat was $125 and should have been $250, and for a rivalry game could routinely get $500 from a ticket broker.

When people are terminal and in need of a kidney and get one, they tend to be grateful, they tend to offer thanks, they tend to act humble, and they tend to put themselves on the donor list so they can pay it forward.  You Giant Stadium Quitters took the kidney and got pissed when you didn't get a second one.  And you still don't get it.  It's disgusting.

SAR I

On 3/23/2017 at 6:39 PM, mtwarlock31 said:

Last time I checked, every other NFL team doesn't make their fans buy a PSLs, and the ones that do don't share a stadium with another NFL team.

Every new NFL stadium built since the 1990's has had a PSL on it.  Many of them more expensive than the Jets. 

See, this "share a stadium with another NFL team" is actually fan-friendly.  It's what made Woody Johnson leave the upper deck PSL-free while the Giants charged $1000 a seat to 27,500 of their fans.  It's what allowed us to make a fully enclosed stadium ensuring that there would be more seats than necessary and keeping prices down.  It's what allows both teams to get 100% of the profits on the 10 days they each play there and get hit with only 50% of the losses on the remaining 345 days it sits there empty.  It's what made the Jets jump from being one of the least profitable franchises in the AFC to the one of the most profitable ones in a single year which leads to us spending money on coaches, facilities, training, transportation, digital, and all the other non-cap costs that only a rich franchise can afford.

SAR I

On 3/23/2017 at 6:39 PM, mtwarlock31 said:

If there are so many millions of Jets fans in the metro area, why do they need a PSL to guarantee that the seats are filled?  

Besides the fact that every NFL team with a new stadium since the 1990s have instituted PSL's, you need to put it in proper context.

From 2001 to 2009, my seats in Giants Stadium went from $75 to $125.  That's a 66% increase in 9 years.

From 2010 to 2015, my seats in MetLife Stadium stayed at $125, in 2016 and 2017 they increased $5 to $130.  That's a 4% increase after 8 years.

When I decided to purchase my $4,000 PSL seats I fully expected that with a new stadium and the recent jump from $75 to $125 that my tickets would go from $125 to $145 after a few years and $165 by now.  So let's do some math:

($165 - $125) x 10 games x 8 years = $3,200

The way I budgeted myself for my seats had me paying $3,200 out of pocket on ticket price increases that never materialized atop my $4,000 PSL.  That $3,200 I've saved offsets the PSL.  In the end, the PSL was an advance payment on ticket price increases, nothing more.  I fronted the Jets $4,000 and they didn't increase my ticket prices to the tune of $3,200 in the first 8 years of the stadium's existence.  Much ado about nothing.

SAR I

On 3/23/2017 at 6:43 PM, joewilly12 said:

Wrong.

The PSL's are a massive success for the New York Jets who are now #1 in the AFC in attendance and tied for #3 in the NFL as a whole.  The 18,000 fans who wrote PSL checks to the Jets are wealthy and don't miss the money.  We spend $16,000 on a single family vacation to the Carribean, it's not like we consider the PSL money spent in 2008 anything but chump-change in as much as we don't consider the $16,000 we spent for 7 days 6 nights in Turks & Caicos 9 years ago a waste of money.  We don't even think about it.

Want to know what's backfiring?  Your holdout on being a Jets season ticket holder.  You think your silent protest was effective.  It was a massive failure.  Jets got rich, waitlisted fans got your seats, Jets offset the PSL expense by putting a freeze on ticket prices for almost a decade.  You guessed wrong and you lost.  Enjoy the couch.

SAR I

19 hours ago, Hofstra Jet said:

No, it doesn't infuriate PSL owners.  All we wanted was a chance for a great seating location after being frozen out at Giants Stadium for 30 years, we'd have paid anything for the privilege.

You folks don't have to worry about how 18,000 rich people spend their fun money.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Besides the fact that every NFL team with a new stadium since the 1990s have instituted PSL's, you need to put it in proper context.

From 2001 to 2009, my seats in Giants Stadium went from $75 to $125.  That's a 66% increase in 9 years.

From 2010 to 2015, my seats in MetLife Stadium stayed at $125, in 2016 and 2017 they increased $5 to $130.  That's a 4% increase after 8 years.

When I decided to purchase my $4,000 PSL seats I fully expected that with a new stadium and the recent jump from $75 to $125 that my tickets would go from $125 to $145 after a few years and $165 by now.  So let's do some math:

($165 - $125) x 10 games x 8 years = $3,200

The way I budgeted myself for my seats had me paying $3,200 out of pocket on ticket price increases that never materialized atop my $4,000 PSL.  That $3,200 I've saved offsets the PSL.  In the end, the PSL was an advance payment on ticket price increases, nothing more.  I fronted the Jets $4,000 and they didn't increase my ticket prices to the tune of $3,200 in the first 8 years of the stadium's existence.  Much ado about nothing.

SAR I

The Cardinals, Patriots, Colts, Lions, Broncos and Browns have all opened stadiums within the past 15 years. None of them require a PSL to be a season ticket holder.

Congrats on your savings, but what about those of us who did not have tickets 8 years ago or those of us that don't want to be a season ticket holder for 30 years and just the next 5-10 years? 

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Recognize that a $25 seat in 137 was $100 in every other stadium at the time, and when we moved in 2009 that seat was $125 and should have been $250, and for a rivalry game could routinely get $500 from a ticket broker.

When people are terminal and in need of a kidney and get one, they tend to be grateful, they tend to offer thanks, they tend to act humble, and they tend to put themselves on the donor list so they can pay it forward.  You Giant Stadium Quitters took the kidney and got pissed when you didn't get a second one.  And you still don't get it.  It's disgusting.

SAR I

So basically joewilly owes the Jets a kidney for his disloyalty? They can then offer it as a Jets rewards program benefit for a loyalist in need. 

19 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets are selling single game tickets for the same price in PSL zones that the PSL holder paid for the game ticket. 

Good, that's great for Jets fans, if there is some 18 year old out there who wants to go to his first Jets game using his own money I'm all for it.

PSL owners are pioneers.  Our fun money destroyed the old Giants Stadium lockout that you were a part of, people getting cheap tickets in premium sections and selling them to scalpers for 5x face value, making a profit on the backs of loyal Jets fans who couldn't get in.

Justice has been served.  Waitlisters now have the best seats in the house.  High face values forced Giants Stadium squatters to their sofa's.  Young Jets fans can get very affordable seats to any section of the stadium they desire.  The ticket broker business is shut down forever.  I'm quite proud of my part in this.  I paid my dues on that waitlist for 20 years, it's my turn to call the shots now.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So basically joewilly owes the Jets a kidney for his disloyalty? They can then offer it as a Jets rewards program benefit for a loyalist in need. 

LOL.  Very funny, but actually quite true.

Not a kidney, but he owes Woody Johnson an apology for the way he vilifies him here.  The Jets were good to joewilly for 20 years.  He should show some gratitude.  He should take some pride that he was financially incapable of keeping his Giants Stadium seats and gave them up to someone who cared enough about the team to spend the money that joewilly saved all those years.

SAR I

19 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

str_zps5wqhhmno.jpg

Well said.

I just went to Season Ticket Rights, looked at how many listings there were for Jets PSL resales.  There are 283.

283 PSL Sales divided by 18,000 PSL Owners equals 1.6%

Look out!  It's a revolution!  OMG!  1.6% of all PSL owners are selling their personal seat licenses!  738 PSL seats out of 55,000 are on the block!  What will Woody do?  Will the Jets have to move?  Oh, the humanity.

SAR I

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You had no problem with the Jets giving you $40,000 worth of seats for $0 from 1989 to 2009, so what exactly was the problem in doing the right thing for the Jets by paying $40,000 in PSL's to stay there besides your cheapness and selfishness?

All you Giant Stadium Quitters want to do is complain about PSL prices.  Just for once I'd like one of you to recognize that you had the luckiest break in professional sports for 20 years, you had New York premium lower level sports seats selling for 10x through scalpers at upper deck prices.  And you don't say 'thank you'.  And you don't pay up now.  And you don't show up.  And you should shut up.

SAR I

I attended almost every game and never sold out especially to opposing teams fans something you can never say. 

Talk to me in 20 years when your PSL's are expired then lets see your opinion. 

You should be ashamed of yourself and you should definitely shut up. 

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

We endured a lot of losing and took it gracefully  in our seats weekly unlike you who sells out when the going gets tough. 

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

SAR I wont get it he failed to swipe his rewards card weekly because he wasn't in attendance he sold out remember. 

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Wrong.

The PSL's are a massive success for the New York Jets who are now #1 in the AFC in attendance and tied for #3 in the NFL as a whole.  The 18,000 fans who wrote PSL checks to the Jets are wealthy and don't miss the money.  We spend $16,000 on a single family vacation to the Carribean, it's not like we consider the PSL money spent in 2008 anything but chump-change in as much as we don't consider the $16,000 we spent for 7 days 6 nights in Turks & Caicos 9 years ago a waste of money.  We don't even think about it.

Want to know what's backfiring?  Your holdout on being a Jets season ticket holder.  You think your silent protest was effective.  It was a massive failure.  Jets got rich, waitlisted fans got your seats, Jets offset the PSL expense by putting a freeze on ticket prices for almost a decade.  You guessed wrong and you lost.  Enjoy the couch.

SAR I

I can go through the NY Jets ticket office sit very close to you every week and not pay 1 penny towards a PSL thats the NY Jets shoving it right up your ass. 

How does it feel? 

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I wont get it he failed to swipe his rewards card weekly because he wasn't in attendance he sold out remember. 

I'll never understand why the heck you get so upset when a season ticket holder sells his tickets for games he can't or doesn't want to attend?  You act like it's a crime or something.  Frankly, STH's can do whatever they want with their tickets and shouldn't hear a peep out of guys like you who aren't.  One of the benefits to STHs of the PSL era is that the ban on reselling tickets for a profit is officially gone.  So when I sell my Jets-Pats tickets last season for $350 each, bravo for me.  Basically,IMO,  non ticket holders should STFU and stop complaining about what STH do with their time and tickets.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I'll never understand why the heck you get so upset when a season ticket holder sells his tickets for games he can't or doesn't want to attend?  You act like it's a crime or something.  Frankly, STH's can do whatever the fck they want with their tickets and shouldn't hear a peep out of guys like you who aren't.  One of the benefits to STHs of the PSL era is that the ban on reselling tickets for a profit is officially gone.  So when I sell my Jets-Pats tickets last season for $350 each, bravo for me.  Basically,IMO,  non ticket holders should STFU and stop complaining about what STH do with their time and tickets.  Who the fck are you anyway to comment on what anyone else does with the things they buy? You are quite pretentious on this issue.  And 100% off base, IMO.

What you do with your season tickets is your damn business I agree. SAR I acts like he's the best season ticket holder the Jets have ever had and he is the spokesman for everyone who owns a PSL. He presents a very weak argument in most cases for the entire PSL fiasco. To each is own enjoy the game its fun while it lasts. 

Former season ticket holder and you will be too. 

joewilly12 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No, it doesn't infuriate PSL owners.  All we wanted was a chance for a great seating location after being frozen out at Giants Stadium for 30 years, we'd have paid anything for the privilege.

You folks don't have to worry about how 18,000 rich people spend their fun money.

SAR I

Having a PSL does not mean you're rich. I had one for the first 5 years of the stadiums existence. I have seen many a person drive a beautiful car without having much money. A PSL doesn't define you, just like a car does not define you. I am glad you're happy with the PSL, for a few years I was as well. 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

@SAR I when you get a chance post a picture of one of those affiliate checks the Jets send you lol. :)

I was just named to the Jets Fan Advisory Board.  Our first meeting is at Florham Park on the 19th.

I will post pictures of my credentials when I receive them.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Hofstra Jet said:

Having a PSL does not mean you're rich. I had one for the first 5 years of the stadiums existence. I have seen many a person drive a beautiful car without having much money. A PSL doesn't define you, just like a car does not define you. I am glad you're happy with the PSL, for a few years I was as well. 

Understand that when I say "rich" I don't mean Bill Gates rich.  However, not everyone can afford $20,000 in PSL's or $5,500 a year in season ticket purchases, I know people that live in a one bedroom apartment in Queens and take the bus to work, I know, I was there once.  So when I say people can "stop telling rich people how to spend their fun money", well, I guess I'm describing someone who has a 6-figure job, a house, a few cars, a few kids and yet can still fork over that kind of coin.  Compared to the average family in the US making $48,000 a year the 18,000 people who write PSL checks are wealthy.

That said, the argument for/against PSL's always boils down to money and it's tiresome to hear people tell us that we are foolish or that somehow they gamed the system to get the same service at a lower price. 

Just like it's not our place to judge others on what they cannot afford, it's not anyone else's place to judge what we can afford.

SAR I

Archived