Jets Season Tickets

JetNation

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

jets psls were not investment gold but giants were -easy to sell above retail and if you need to drop psls u wont take a bloodbath-only hope is jets get good and regain some future value (I bought for fun not investment though)

Jets PSL's are investment gold if you have the right location.

And the reason very few Jets PSL seats will ever be a good investment is because, unlike the Giants, Woody Johnson left 27,500 upper deck seats without a PSL and instead of fans being grateful and show some loyalty they use this loophole to surf season-to-season, quit on the team when we suck, join the bandwagon when we show signs of life.

The make-believe so-called "Old Time" Jets fans are to blame for what's wrong with the composition and economics of MetLife Stadium.  Woody tried to do a good thing.  As usual, the fans take advantage.  Cheapest fans in the NFL.

SAR I

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I got close to face value or more for every game I sold my 3 seats.  Remember 3 seats pays a premium.  Much harder find than a pair or a 4-some.  For games when one of my sons coouldn't attend, we sold the trio of seats and bought a pair, usually in the same section or Mezz Clubs.  Never had a problem selling three.  

That is CORRECT Sir.

32 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I'm actually pretty excited for this season because the expectations are either very low or non-existent.

Last year my expectations were rather high after we went 10 and 6 and should have went 11 and 5.

This year's different.

Should be a fun team to root for.

I hope SAR is right and Hackenberg is the second coming of Joe Willie.

I get that statement, but to root for a team with no expectations, while paying top dollar to sit in the stadium does not correlate. It might be a fun season, but if it turns out not to be, you are still paying for a super bowl caliber team out there. 

38 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I remember back almost 20 years ago when Vinny did the quarterback sneak against Seattle when only his helmet went over the goal line.

Refs gave the Jets the TD.

Parcells in the post-game said to the press, "God was with us today fellas".

Next day on the back page of the New York Post it said "God is a Jet fan".

I'll NEVER forget that day or that call.  FINALLY a BREAK (an incorrect call like in '97 vs. Detroit which cost us the playoffs) in the JETS' FAVOR!!! 

I was CONVINCED we were going to win it all in '98 after that phantom TD. No SB, just the reason for the Instant Replay Era in the NFL. 

44 minutes ago, Hofstra Jet said:

I get that statement, but to root for a team with no expectations, while paying top dollar to sit in the stadium does not correlate. It might be a fun season, but if it turns out not to be, you are still paying for a super bowl caliber team out there. 

If you're in the UD I agree with you.

Fortunately I graduated this year and moved down to 129, 17 rows off the field.

Feel like I got a decent value - only paying $17 more per seat than I did in the UD.

I feel like my screwing this year will not be as painful as it would be if I was still in the UD.

25 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Feel like I got a decent value - only paying $17 more per seat than I did in the UD.

I feel like my screwing this year will not be as painful as it would be if I was still in the UD.

So you swapped with Sar I?

He's now the Upper Decker in regards to you with your new and upgraded seat location. Enjoy the season but watch out what his ilk may drop down on you during games:P

36 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

He's now the Upper Decker in regards to you with your new and upgraded seat location. Enjoy the season but watch out what his ilk may drop down on you during games

Be advised that the Mezzanine has more premium seats than the Lower Level, the elevated view is highly regarded and requested.

Lower Levelers are just a hair superior to the Upper Deckers but still beneath (literally and figuratively) to the Mezzaniers.

That said, mad props to Flushing Roots for joining the family during down years.  That's diehard right there.

SAR I

Paid my bill last night.  I'm more disgusted with the gameday operations that the Jets seem to have no interest in fixing.  That being said my son was born last week and in a couple years he gets to join in the torture of being a Jets fan.  At least he will be exposed to rejection early in life.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Be advised that the Mezzanine has more premium seats than the Lower Level, the elevated view is highly regarded and requested.

Lower Levelers are just a hair superior to the Upper Deckers but still beneath (literally and figuratively) to the Mezzaniers.

That said, mad props to Flushing Roots for joining the family during down years.  That's diehard right there.

SAR I

Be advised I have the SAME EXACT location you do but on the opposite end of the visiting sideline and agree with Dcat and you in that 3 PSL seats in the mezzanine adjacent to the Club PSL section is a rather easy sell with minimal loss and reasonable return when sold on the secondary market.

mezz is a solid section and rekindle fond memories of the long lost Loge Section at the original Yankee Stadium.

if this season is as bad as some claim, 50 yard line Mezz via Stubhub should cheap and plentiful and hedged by any sold Season Tix above face - which happens when sold as  a set of 3.

To witnessing the Hackenberg era in its dawning stage!

27 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Paid my bill last night.  I'm more disgusted with the gameday operations that the Jets seem to have no interest in fixing.  That being said my son was born last week and in a couple years he gets to join in the torture of being a Jets fan.  At least he will be exposed to rejection early in life.  

Congratulations! Nothing better than the arrival of a little one. 

Especially with plenty of years to see the Jets win it all in 2055.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Hey congrats on the birth and the timing!  I don't think you're going to need a ticket to get him in there on Opening Day.

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

He's now the Upper Decker in regards to you with your new and upgraded seat location. Enjoy the season but watch out what his ilk may drop down on you during games:P

I'm actually many rows ahead of the drip line. If he accidentally drops any caviar or champagne, I won't get hit.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Congratulations! Nothing better than the arrival of a little one. 

Especially with plenty of years to see the Jets win it all in 2055.

SAR I

That will actually fit into my plans too.

I'll be 97 and hope to be taken out quickly and painlessly by a bus at 103.

7 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I'm actually many rows ahead of the drip line. If he accidentally drops any caviar or champagne, I won't get hit.

After a big play, I'll look down in your section, you look up at me, and we'll point at each other.  It'll be a virtual Lower Leveler to Mezzanier high-five moment.

SAR I

12 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

I remember back almost 20 years ago when Vinny did the quarterback sneak against Seattle when only his helmet went over the goal line.

Refs gave the Jets the TD.

Parcells in the post-game said to the press, "God was with us today fellas".

Next day on the back page of the New York Post it said "God is a Jet fan".

IIRC that was one of those plays that, when watching replays for the TV audience, the announcer said something like, "I don't care if he didn't get in -- I still like the play call [and would do it again]." Lol. 

12 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Congratulations!

Bringing your son in a few years will be an amazing experience. My son started going to every game when he was 5. He just turned 22 and there isn't a whole lot better than getting texts from him at college excited when the schedule comes out, talking about the games next season. Lots of fun!

17 hours ago, Dcat said:

I got close to face value or more for every game I sold my 3 seats.  Remember 3 seats pays a premium.  Much harder find than a pair or a 4-some.  For games when one of my sons coouldn't attend, we sold the trio of seats and bought a pair, usually in the same section or Mezz Clubs.  Never had a problem selling three.  

you must  have sold them before the season tanked

I have several sets of psls including the best in the house  -I could not attend pats game and none of them went for remotely close to face value even my lower corner ones which were affordable

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

And the reason very few Jets PSL seats will ever be a good investment is because, unlike the Giants, Woody Johnson left 27,500 upper deck seats without a PSL and instead of fans being grateful and show some loyalty they use this loophole to surf season-to-season, quit on the team when we suck, join the bandwagon when we show signs of life.

The make-believe so-called "Old Time" Jets fans are to blame for what's wrong with the composition and economics of MetLife Stadium.  Woody tried to do a good thing.  As usual, the fans take advantage.  Cheapest fans in the NFL.

SAR I

what is the right location? 

I have several sets(including best in house) and none of them are worth twenty cents on the dollar

I tried to move one of my sets sect 121 and could not get ..35 on the dollar so I kept them

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There is no way you believe this. One couldn't sell their tickets to opposing fans for so many games every year and believe this.

21 minutes ago, kmnj said:

you must  have sold them before the season tanked

I have several sets of psls including the best in the house  -I could not attend pats game and none of them went for remotely close to face value even my lower corner ones which were affordable

I was at an advantage because I knew which games in advance I would only need 2 tickets instead of 3.  I'd sell the three tickets about 2-3 weeks in advance of the game and then wait until a few hours before the game and then buy 2 at a much cheaper per ticket price.  My 3 Pats tickets' face value was $510 ($170 each).  I sold them about 2 weeks before the game.  They went for $936 ($312 each) minus Stubhub's 10% got me $842.40.  Gave me a $332 profit on that game, which we chose not to bother attending (plus about another $40 profit from selling the 2 parking passes separately). 

This would never work if you are trying to sell the way overpriced Mezz club seats.  Only works for good locations between the 20's in the lower level. My seats are on the 32 yard line. There is always some demand for those no matter how bad the team is. THat was not the case when I sat in the Mezz corners or even sometimes in 135. 

4 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Are you high ?

Of course not.  Drugs and alcohol are for poor people trying to avoid the realities of life.

Name a problem you perceive with MetLife Stadium and I'll show you how it is directly a result of the Giant Stadium season ticket holders who either quit on the Jets outright when the AFC Championship Game appearances stopped or flip back/forth in the upper deck depending on which way the wind blows.

SAR I

16 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

So, fumbles, interceptions, missed tackles and generally lousy play don't look as bad the lower you sit? Got it.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

what is the right location? 

I have several sets(including best in house) and none of them are worth twenty cents on the dollar

I tried to move one of my sets sect 121 and could not get ..35 on the dollar so I kept them

First row PSL seats in the Mezz A corners for one, PSL aisle seats in the Lower Level adjacent to Club seats above Row 10 for another, they are there if you know where to sit.

No PSL seats in any professional stadium are worth anything when the team sucks as bad as the Jets right now.  I am talking about PSL resale value when the team is .500 and the future is looking moderately optimistic.  Back in 2011 and 2012 very few PSL seats were available and the prices were higher than what most originally paid.

SAR I

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

More like comedy gold.

str_zps5wqhhmno.jpg

Here's some reality gold for you.

There are 18,300 Jets fans who own an average of 3 PSL seats that actually write season ticket checks to the Jets.  There are 55,000 PSL seats in MetLife Stadium.

The most popular PSL resale site has 283 listings for 738 seats for those trying to sell NY Jets PSL's.

At the very moment the Jets are at their lowest point in decades with a head coach we hate, a GM we don't trust, a QB who is 2-20 over the last three years, a roster that most think is the worst in the league, and this year's season ticket bills now due, only 1.5% of PSL owners holding 1.3% of all the PSL seats at MetLife Stadium are actually trying to get rid of them.

Happy Trails.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

There is no way you believe this. One couldn't sell their tickets to opposing fans for so many games every year and believe this.

Sure I do.  And, for the record, I only miss 2-3 games a year as I have to travel for work and I have 4 kids with events that sometimes I cannot miss.  I think that's pretty typical, at least for the fans in my sections in Giants and MetLife Stadiums, it was our games-missed average.

Next, I don't "sell my seats to enemy fans".  I put my seats up below face value for local Jets fans to buy.  And they don't.  That's not my fault.  That's theirs.  Someone on JN wants to complain that there are too many Dolphins fans on a Monday night?  Get your ass to the stadium.

If you look at the primary complaints about MetLife Stadium, they all tie back to thousands of missing fans, fans who used to fill Giants Stadium, fans who used the PSL process as an excuse to give up their seats and stay at home when the playoff runs stopped.  You know the issues-  "stadium is too quiet", "fans are too wealthy", "rich people don't clap", "fancy people tell me to sit down", "too many enemy fans in the building". 

Well, if those 27,500 Giants Stadium fans could be bothered to buy a PSL or take the PSL-free seats in the upper deck and show up for games, all these problems are solved.  Rich, fancy people are outnumbered.  Quiet, younger people are replaced with boisterous older ones.  Enemy fans find there is no inventory.  The 55,000 of us who happily spent a few PSL dollars to stay in the Jets season ticket family are still there, we're just as loud.  It's the 27,500 who should be in the upper deck and quit on the team that are the problem.  It's 1/3 of the building.  And it's a ghost town, at least half of it is.

Even with a brand new stadium, even with a team that was one of the AFC's best for the last 20 years, and even with 27,500 seats without a single dollar's PSL on them, these so-called diehard fans quit on the team the moment Victor Cruz went yard in 2011 and haven't bothered to come back.  Sure, a handful of them buy Stubhub seats for pennies on the dollar each year, but they don't commit to the team with their pocket books or their bodies and that's the reason for MetLife's "disappointments".  The irony and frustration?  Those who complain the loudest are actually the ones causing it.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

str_zps5wqhhmno.jpg

Here's some reality gold for you.

There are 18,300 Jets fans who own an average of 3 PSL seats that actually write season ticket checks to the Jets.  There are 55,000 PSL seats in MetLife Stadium.

The most popular PSL resale site has 283 listings for 738 seats for those trying to sell NY Jets PSL's.

At the very moment the Jets are at their lowest point in decades with a head coach we hate, a GM we don't trust, a QB who is 2-20 over the last three years, a roster that most think is the worst in the league, and this year's season ticket bills now due, only 1.5% of PSL owners holding 1.3% of all the PSL seats at MetLife Stadium are actually trying to get rid of them.

Happy Trails.

SAR I

Um right - key phrase being "trying to get rid of them".

Its downright amazing that since the day the stadium opened you have been beating this drum of PSL Gold and how great this is when there are factual numbers that dont lie.  Sure, there are 283 PSLs for sale which is a small fraction of the total amount, but you fail to mention the prices of those PSLs - do the people trying to sell their "asset" that they paid $2500 for for $250 think that it was a good investment?

Enjoying games or being able to afford a PSL is NOT the same thing as saying the investment was a good one.  You like your seats, and bought a PSL that fit what you wanted to get out of attending a Jets game.  But the fact is if the PSLs were truly successful, you wouldnt be able to go online and buy one that sold for $2500 for $250.

7 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Its downright amazing that since the day the stadium opened you have been beating this drum of PSL Gold and how great this is when there are factual numbers that dont lie.  Sure, there are 283 PSLs for sale which is a small fraction of the total amount, but you fail to mention the prices of those PSLs - do the people trying to sell their "asset" that they paid $2500 for for $250 think that it was a good investment?

Enjoying games or being able to afford a PSL is NOT the same thing as saying the investment was a good one.  You like your seats, and bought a PSL that fit what you wanted to get out of attending a Jets game.  But the fact is if the PSLs were truly successful, you wouldnt be able to go online and buy one that sold for $2500 for $250.

Stop.  The annual Giants Stadium turnover was 2% a year.  People relocate, people pass away, people lose jobs.  I know this because I was on the waitlist for 15 years.  There are 55,000 PSL seats in MetLife Stadium and, sadly, 1.3% of them are turning over because people relocate, people pass away, people lose jobs.  I feel bad for the 283 people who need to get out of their season ticket commitments, but it's not like some major story here, it's not like Jets fans are abandoning the team.  We are diehard.  We know this is a 30 year commitment and some won't be good.

And who the hell said this was an "investment" anyway?  It was a ticket price increase.  My $4,000 PSL per seat is equal to the money the Jets didn't get from me for raising ticket prices, it was all a shell game.  From 2009 to 2015 my ticket price increase was $0, for 2016 and 2017 my ticket prices went up $5.  Brand new stadium, I saved nearly $4,000 per seat because the Jets didn't raise my prices $50 to $75 as I expected them to.

You want to look at what really hurt that no one talks about?  Tickets went from $13 in 1983 to $50 in 1993 to $95 in 2003 and $125 in 2008.  Where was the outrage then?  Never heard a word from anyone  yet the financial ass raping was 10x worse than this pretend price hike disguised as a PSL fee.  Let's be real, please.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I think he has been pretty clear on his argument for years on this one. For some bizarre reason I always get sucked into reading through this same discussion every time it pops up in a thread and he has not once said that PSLs were a good investment with respect to capital. He's basically saying that the waiting list was preposterously long and unfair, which it was, and PSLs allowed people the opportunity to buy their way out of that. There are a billion flaws in that viewpoint, but I don't think I have ever seen SAR defend PSLs as something that was a good buy strictly in terms of capital value.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Sure I do.  And, for the record, I only miss 2-3 games a year as I have to travel for work and I have 4 kids with events that sometimes I cannot miss.  I think that's pretty typical, at least for the fans in my sections in Giants and MetLife Stadiums, it was our games-missed average.

Next, I don't "sell my seats to enemy fans".  I put my seats up below face value for local Jets fans to buy.  And they don't.  That's not my fault.  That's theirs.  Someone on JN wants to complain that there are too many Dolphins fans on a Monday night?  Get your ass to the stadium.

If you look at the primary complaints about MetLife Stadium, they all tie back to thousands of missing fans, fans who used to fill Giants Stadium, fans who used the PSL process as an excuse to give up their seats and stay at home when the playoff runs stopped.  You know the issues-  "stadium is too quiet", "fans are too wealthy", "rich people don't clap", "fancy people tell me to sit down", "too many enemy fans in the building". 

Well, if those 27,500 Giants Stadium fans could be bothered to buy a PSL or take the PSL-free seats in the upper deck and show up for games, all these problems are solved.  Rich, fancy people are outnumbered.  Quiet, younger people are replaced with boisterous older ones.  Enemy fans find there is no inventory.  The 55,000 of us who happily spent a few PSL dollars to stay in the Jets season ticket family are still there, we're just as loud.  It's the 27,500 who should be in the upper deck and quit on the team that are the problem.  It's 1/3 of the building.  And it's a ghost town, at least half of it is.

Even with a brand new stadium, even with a team that was one of the AFC's best for the last 20 years, and even with 27,500 seats without a single dollar's PSL on them, these so-called diehard fans quit on the team the moment Victor Cruz went yard in 2011 and haven't bothered to come back.  Sure, a handful of them buy Stubhub seats for pennies on the dollar each year, but they don't commit to the team with their pocket books or their bodies and that's the reason for MetLife's "disappointments".  The irony and frustration?  Those who complain the loudest are actually the ones causing it.

SAR I

You missed more than 3 games last year.

It is fine. I never miss but I am not labeling fans. I am just saying you don't entirely believe what you are writing. There is no way you would say that a PSL is investment gold if you believed it. The stock market is on a good run. PSLs don't appreciate.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think he has been pretty clear on his argument for years on this one. For some bizarre reason I always get sucked into reading through this same discussion every time it pops up in a thread and he has not once said that PSLs were a good investment with respect to capital. He's basically saying that the waiting list was preposterously long and unfair, which it was, and PSLs allowed people the opportunity to buy their way out of that. There are a billion flaws in that viewpoint, but I don't think I have ever seen SAR defend PSLs as something that was a good buy strictly in terms of capital value.

Thank you RJF.

Back in the JI days circa 2008 I had this "PSL Investment Gold" animated gif in my sig for awhile that (I guess) got some attention, people think that was my position when it was really just a joke.  PSL's were/are nothing more than a ticket price increase paid years in advance.  The PSL vig on a gameday ticket in my location is $13.  That's beer and hot dog money.  Some PSL's carry as little as a $7 PSL vig per ticket with pricing remaining somewhat frozen at $0 or $5 for 8 seasons going on 9 now.  History now shows that PSL owners simply fronted the Jets 9 or 10 years worth of gradual price increases.  In the end, it would have been a wash.

And I know it sounds like bait when I say "I thank God for Woody Johnson, he's Abraham Lincoln to thousands of Jets fans" but I mean that sincerely.  Anyone my age who understood what the waitlist was from 1988-2005 knows exactly where I'm coming from.  I'd have paid the Jets $16,000 for any seats in Giants Stadium in the 80s, 90s, or 00s let alone have the run of the place and pick any seat I wanted for the next 30 years.  Woody blew up the old birthright system and broke up the biggest ticket broker scam in New York history.  Thousands of fans sitting between the 20s down low, selling seats for half the games at 5x face value, getting paid the equivalent of an annual salary to watch the rest for free.  Lincoln freed the slaves, Johnson freed the waitlisters.

As you state, the "investment" wasn't in capital for financial gain.  The "investment" was in the team itself.  Our PSL dollars helped the team, if that's an "investment" or not I guess is debatable, but I view it that way.  I took $16,000 in 2009 and gave it to the Jets instead of buying a new watch or taking a vacation in Europe.  If PSL money were something that needed to generate ROI, well, that PSL buyer shouldn't have bought the PSL.  Football is entertainment, it's like a movie or a good meal, it doesn't pay us back in anything other than our experiences with our family and friends.  Even in down years, it's worth it.  I rarely see my teens for 4 consecutive hours anywhere except at Jets games; they are special to me beyond the product on the field.  I'm sure most other STH's feel the same way.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You missed more than 3 games last year.

It is fine. I never miss but I am not labeling fans. I am just saying you don't entirely believe what you are writing. There is no way you would say that a PSL is investment gold if you believed it. The stock market is on a good run. PSLs don't appreciate.

The whole "investment gold" thing was just a tagline on JI, was funny for a bit and then went away.  It tweaked the old time season ticket holders who were 100% certain the PSL process was going to be an epic bust instead of the massive success it turned out to be.  "I'm not wasting my money and making Woody Johnson more rich!" they'd say.  Well, turns out they didn't need to.  The waitlisters and those in crappy upper deck endzones now could pick any seats they wanted and ousted the old folks from their cozy ticket broker profit centers.

As for missed games, in 2016 I went to 4 games, had travel interfere with 2 of them, sold the Patriots game for decent money and lost big on another.  In 2015 I actually went to 8 games, 7 as Jets home games and then I paid 3x face value to sit in my section for the Giants road game. 

Where you and I differ on this matter is that for you its a major event, RV, tailgate, cultivating the JN brand, connecting with dozens of long time friends.  For me, I'm only in it for the game itself, same for my boys who sit with me.  So you can enjoy all 8 Sunday's because for you they're like 8 mini-vacations with the motor home, the booze, the causal unprotected sex, the reading on the toilet, the party atmosphere.  For me, if it's a lousy matchup with a lousy Jets team no-showing, I get no enjoyment at all, it's a complete waste of time, and I have a working wife stuck at home with my 4 year old for 7 hours without support or a break, it's a hardship for her these past 4 years babysitting my little one so I can go with my other kids and focus on the football game.

All that said, season ticket holders responsibility to the Jets as fans begins and ends when we write our annual check.  After that, it's up to the Jets to put a good product on the field that entices us to attend.  If not, we offer our seats to the millions of non-season ticket holding passionate Jets fans below face value.  If those people choose not to show up, those who don't write checks for thousands of dollars every April can't be compelled to take in a single game for $25, well, they're the reason the stadium isn't loud enough for them or isn't full enough for them.  I eat the depreciation so they can enjoy a cheap game.  If they don't take advantage of that gift, shame on them.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The whole "investment gold" thing was just a tagline on JI, was funny for a bit and then went away.  It tweaked the old time season ticket holders who were 100% certain the PSL process was going to be an epic bust instead of the massive success it turned out to be.  "I'm not wasting my money and making Woody Johnson more rich!" they'd say.  Well, turns out they didn't need to.  The waitlisters and those in crappy upper deck endzones now could pick any seats they wanted and ousted the old folks from their cozy ticket broker profit centers.

As for missed games, in 2016 I went to 4 games, had travel interfere with 2 of them, sold the Patriots game for decent money and lost big on another.  In 2015 I actually went to 8 games, 7 as Jets home games and then I paid 3x face value to sit in my section for the Giants road game. 

Where you and I differ on this matter is that for you its a major event, RV, tailgate, cultivating the JN brand, connecting with dozens of long time friends.  For me, I'm only in it for the game itself, same for my boys who sit with me.  So you can enjoy all 8 Sunday's because for you they're like 8 mini-vacations with the motor home, the booze, the causal unprotected sex, the reading on the toilet, the party atmosphere.  For me, if it's a lousy matchup with a lousy Jets team no-showing, I get no enjoyment at all, it's a complete waste of time, and I have a working wife stuck at home with my 4 year old for 7 hours without support or a break, it's a hardship for her these past 4 years babysitting my little one so I can go with my other kids and focus on the football game.

All that said, season ticket holders responsibility to the Jets as fans begins and ends when we write our annual check.  After that, it's up to the Jets to put a good product on the field that entices us to attend.  If not, we offer our seats to the millions of non-season ticket holding passionate Jets fans below face value.  If those people choose not to show up, those who don't write checks for thousands of dollars every April can't be compelled to take in a single game for $25, well, they're the reason the stadium isn't loud enough for them or isn't full enough for them.  I eat the depreciation so they can enjoy a cheap game.  If they don't take advantage of that gift, shame on them.

SAR I

Okay, I actually feel better now. I feared that we were going to have to argue over the PSL investment value here. :)

On the last bolded part I disagree with most of it, but agree with the friends part. The part I disagree with is I don't mention JetNation to people on game day. I am an insanely private person despite running this site. When I would go to Tailgate Joe's tailgate he always told me to promote JN there, to hang the banner and I never did. I like going, hanging with my son and talking Jets. I never tell people I am associated with JetNation. Walking around the stadium and Jets events people always recognize Courtney who does all the social media. They have no idea who I am and I like it that way lol.

Last year a poster here saw me on the escalator and started screaming Max, Max, Max. The guy he was with sits in back of me. I won't name the poster (he is a southerner who I had never met before) he can identify himself if he wants. :)  Anyhow the guy that he was with was like why are you randomly yelling at the guy that sits in front of me. He said, he runs JetNation.com. The guy had no idea. You see Sar, I am just a man of the people hahaha. Kidding.

I got the RV last year, and things are changing with that so that is the part I definitely agree with. But I think I got tickets in '88 or '89 so I just got the toilet and I don't drink booze lol. Last year I had to leave the area where Joe tailgates because it was too congested. Now there are just a few of us from the site doing our own thing on game day and that part I enjoy immensely!

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Name a problem you perceive with MetLife Stadium

Too many clubs and restaurants for the hoy-poloy . The real fan is left out . The place has no character . PSLs have ruined home-field advantage . Too many numbskulls sell their seats to opposing fans to make a buck instead of rooting for the home team . 

Archived