Jets continuing to scout Alabama heavily

AFJF

Looking at my list of info for draft preview articles and the Jets had scouts at at least 1 Alabama game this season (probably more), sent four coaches to Alabama's first padded practice of the season, now seeing on twitter that Todd Bowles and 3 other Jets scouts attended Alabama's pro day.  They like somebody out of there.

Just now, AFJF said:

Looking at my list of info for draft preview articles and the Jets had scouts at at least 1 Alabama game this season (probably more), sent four coaches to Alabama's first padded practice of the season, now seeing on twitter that Todd Bowles and 3 other Jets scouts attended Alabama's pro day.  They like somebody out of there.

Tim Williams

Tim Williams is a bust waiting to happen... horrible combine work-out.   Want no part of him.

Although Eddie Jackson, on the other hand... a sleeper because of the injury... he may be worth it.  I also am hoping Cam Robinson falls to us in the second round.   Wondering in Brandon Shell can slide to left tackle, and have Cam take the right side... boom, dominant line!  Anyone know if Shell was scouted for the left side?  I saw quickness in his pass-pro last year.  Made me wonder whether he could do it.

2 hours ago, Persiussa said:

I heard a while back that the Jets really like Ryan Anderson.  They should also be considering Reuben Foster at 6.

Knowing the ineptitude of this organization they are locked in on Foster at 6

We all must remember the concept of "sunk costs".

Yes, that Jets have overdrafted defense over the last 10+ years.

But from my initial observations, the top 2 impact players, who are also player of need, are Foster and Adams.  I would also not let the Darron Lee pick preclude the Foster pick.

The next best values are probably Lattimore and Hooker.  Both have injury concerns which need to be reconciled with the ghost of Dee Milliner.

If most of these players are gone at 6, the QBs will be there.  That leaves a harder decision that should be partially managed through a trade down.

But that is how I see the draft shaping up.

5 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Jonathan Allen in the 1st, Tim Williams in the 2nd, Eddie Jackson in the 3rd #SuperBowl

WR ArDarius Stewart with the 3rd round comp pick, followed by WR Gehrig Dieter in the 5th, K Adam Griffith in the 6th and LS Cole Mazza in the 7th.  An all Alabama draft.

Humphrey does not impress me at all.  I'll be mad if we pick him.

The Jets will ignore the QB who tore the Bama allstars a new hole two years in a row though.

Two title games vs this 'NFL quality defense'

36-56, 420 yards, 3 tds, 0 ints, 43 rush yards

30-47, 405 yards, 4 tds, 1 int, 73 rush yards.

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets will ignore the QB who tore the Bama allstars a new hole two years in a row though.

Am I supposed to guess who this QB is? lol thanks for the stats but I don't know who you are talking about! :P

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If we're going defense draft Hooker so we can get the next Ed Reed. I'm going to be pissed if we draft one of these corners over Hooker or Fournette.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, varjet said:

We all must remember the concept of "sunk costs".

Yes, that Jets have overdrafted defense over the last 10+ years.

But from my initial observations, the top 2 impact players, who are also player of need, are Foster and Adams.  I would also not let the Darron Lee pick preclude the Foster pick.

The next best values are probably Lattimore and Hooker.  Both have injury concerns which need to be reconciled with the ghost of Dee Milliner.

If most of these players are gone at 6, the QBs will be there.  That leaves a harder decision that should be partially managed through a trade down.

But that is how I see the draft shaping up.

Sidney Jones- CB, Washington

This is all smoke and mirrors ;)

On 3/9/2017 at 0:43 PM, Beerfish said:

Humphreys was absolutely abused in the championship game.  Want no part of picking him in.

On 3/9/2017 at 9:20 AM, thadude said:

Knowing the ineptitude of this organization they are locked in on Foster at 6

They'd be better off signing Hightower. They need talent and his addition helps for the future. Use the #6 pick in Fournette or a WR. DB's are very deep in this draft. We'll still suck big time next season. Sudden Sam here we come.

On March 12, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Powpow said:

They'd be better off signing Hightower. They need talent and his addition helps for the future. Use the #6 pick in Fournette or a WR. DB's are very deep in this draft. We'll still suck big time next season. Sudden Sam here we come.

Knowing how our horrible last 7-8 drafts went this is how it goes:

Rd 1: Crappy DB or ok at best interior DL

Rd 2: BUST

Rounds 3-7: garbage

On 3/9/2017 at 9:03 AM, Phillyjet said:

Tim Williams is a bust waiting to happen... horrible combine work-out.   Want no part of him.

Although Eddie Jackson, on the other hand... a sleeper because of the injury... he may be worth it.  I also am hoping Cam Robinson falls to us in the second round.   Wondering in Brandon Shell can slide to left tackle, and have Cam take the right side... boom, dominant line!  Anyone know if Shell was scouted for the left side?  I saw quickness in his pass-pro last year.  Made me wonder whether he could do it.

Williams is a bust ready to happen but Robinson has a better outlook? Don't think so. Many evaluators are considering him a G in the pros. 

On March 18, 2017 at 2:40 PM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Williams is a bust ready to happen but Robinson has a better outlook? Don't think so. Many evaluators are considering him a G in the pros. 

That's cause they're gay 

Robinson held his own against Myles Garret.  He will be a very good RT or a decent LT 

Archived