Jets continuing to scout Alabama heavily

AFJF

Tim Williams is a bust waiting to happen... horrible combine work-out.   Want no part of him.
Although Eddie Jackson, on the other hand... a sleeper because of the injury... he may be worth it.  I also am hoping Cam Robinson falls to us in the second round.   Wondering in Brandon Shell can slide to left tackle, and have Cam take the right side... boom, dominant line!  Anyone know if Shell was scouted for the left side?  I saw quickness in his pass-pro last year.  Made me wonder whether he could do it.

Wasn't Tim Williams the one that got sent home from the combine for fighting with hospital staff?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, Phillyjet said:

Tim Williams is a bust waiting to happen... horrible combine work-out.   Want no part of him.

Although Eddie Jackson, on the other hand... a sleeper because of the injury... he may be worth it.  I also am hoping Cam Robinson falls to us in the second round.   Wondering in Brandon Shell can slide to left tackle, and have Cam take the right side... boom, dominant line!  Anyone know if Shell was scouted for the left side?  I saw quickness in his pass-pro last year.  Made me wonder whether he could do it.

The jets saw Shell as the real deal.Thats why they drafted him.

• 2 weeks later...

NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah made the case that Alabama S Eddie Jackson is still worthy of a Day 2 selection and wrote that he's "a little shocked" that Jackson is being overlooked.

Jackson has fallen off the radar due to a fractured leg that ended his season in October. But as Jeremiah points out, this is the same prospect who picked off six passes to help the Tide win the 2015 national championship and this is the same prospect who was one of the nation's best safeties in 2016 before he was felled by injury. "He should be 100 percent healthy in the very near future and his combination of instincts, range and ball skills is outstanding," Jeremiah wrote. "He has played cornerback in the past and he has the ability to play in the slot if needed. He's also a very accomplished punt returner. He isn't an overly physical force defender, but he is an effective tackler."

On March 21, 2017 at 6:13 AM, BCJet said:

I hope its to look more closely at Eddie Jackson.

This kid is a converted CB, with excellent coverage skills to play centerfield safety.  Also strong character guy.  Would love him in the 3rd.

Would much rather do that then Draft a safety at 6 overall

Archived