AJ McCarron for Sheldon Richardson RUMOR

joewilly12

FL Trade Rumors: Jets eying AJ McCarron, may deal Sheldon Richardson

Could the Jets and Bengals strike a blockbuster trade? 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive already said this multiple times, but I would love this trade.  He is better than any other option out there right now.  He comes cheap for 2 years, is still fairly young and would be good competition for hack and petty.  

Would be a good trade for the bengals too.  Make it happen.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Isn't the knock on him a weak arm?

Weak and generally not that talented. If he comes in to compete with the kids fine but with bowles around it will insure the end of the kids. And mccarron is just good enough to win too many games to get top pick next year. 

So yeah, we're doomed to a decade more of garbage

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Weak and generally not that talented. If he comes in to compete with the kids fine but with bowles around it will insure the end of the kids. And mccarron is just good enough to win too many games to get top pick next year. 

So yeah, we're doomed to a decade more of garbage

Arm looks pretty decent in the highlight reel.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That's the point of a highlight reel.

This. They aren't going to show the throws that weren't completed because there wasn't enough zip. I'm going on what I saw from him in college and every draft analysis. 

He didn't look bad when he had a chance and is the kind of kid we need a few years ago when we were stacked on defense. But on a rebuild he's just going to get in the way. 

And why are the Bengals giving away such a good QB for a one year rental of a headcase on the verge of a long suspension? 

It's not like Dalton has been that great. They see this kid everyday. If he was franchise QB material they wouldn't be giving him away for a knucklehead like Richardson.

Maybe I'm wrong here but the general assumption is that we're finding our qb next year and won't be competitive this year. So I guess my point is why wouldn't we just trade Sheldon for a pick or package him with a pick to get a better pick? Bengals get an elite level talent and we get a qb for a year idk maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way but I don't see it

The writer of the article 

Jason Marcum

joined Feb 13, 2014

last login Mar 05, 2017

posts 9137

comments 947

Above all, God is my lord and savior. Manager for A Sea Of Blue. Lead writer for Cincy Jungle. Member of PFWA. Former National Guard Military Police. EKU grad.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And why are the Bengals giving away such a good QB for a one year rental of a headcase on the verge of a long suspension? 

It's not like Dalton has been that great. They see this kid everyday. If he was franchise QB material they wouldn't be giving him away for a knucklehead like Richardson.

The fans want a second rounder..some of them want him anyway incase Dalton goes down. Lol no evidence they think he sucks.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Pretty much have to say that about every QB thats available in free agency or through a trade then. 

Bengals need help on the DL could be the reason and he's in the last year of his contract. 

" a mess with little to no starting potential" is how we should announce our 2nd round picks going forward ...with the 40 something pick of the 2017...18..19...draft , the Jets select....a mess with little to no starting potential . 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

The fans want a second rounder..some of them want him anyway incase Dalton goes down. Lol no evidence they think he sucks.

Who cares about the fans. Why is the front office giving him away for Richardson????

Are we trying to turn a 2 win team into a 6 win team? Then mccarron is your man. But that seems pointless. 

5 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Maybe I'm wrong here but the general assumption is that we're finding our qb next year and won't be competitive this year. So I guess my point is why wouldn't we just trade Sheldon for a pick or package him with a pick to get a better pick? Bengals get an elite level talent and we get a qb for a year idk maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way but I don't see it

Yeah, but on the other hand The Bengals are getting a guy who is one more mistake from at least a 10 game suspension, plus next year is the final year of his contract also.  He's not going to be easy to sign.  From his comments during the Wilkerson contract stuff he is going to want more then Wilkerson.

Both sides have negatives, but like the Browns Texans trade, there are enough positives to make it happen

11 minutes ago, SR24 said:

They're not paying Richardson so the deal is essentially a 1 year audition for Maccaron to see if he's worth signing to a contract next year.  I thought I read they can make him a restricted FA next year so it's basically 2 years to decide what to do with him.

This trade or retaining Geno are the only options that makes sense.

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yeah, but on the other hand The Bengals are getting a guy who is one more mistake from at least a 10 game suspension, plus next year is the final year of his contract also.  He's not going to be easy to sign.  From his comments during the Wilkerson contract stuff he is going to want more then Wilkerson.

Both sides have negatives, but like the Browns Texans trade, there are enough positives to make it happen

See what I'd like to see Mac do is call every team thats picking after 20 (Like Dallas who's already inquired about him) and see if we can package Sheldon and our 2nd for their first. Cam Robinson has been slipping in everyones mocks and Mcaffrey is projected to go at the end of the 1st. If we can leave this draft on day 1 with Hooker/Adams and Cam Robinson/Mcaffrey maybe then I call about our late 3rd rounder for A.J...

9 minutes ago, SR24 said:

See what I'd like to see Mac do is call every team thats picking after 20 (Like Dallas who's already inquired about him) and see if we can package Sheldon and our 2nd for their first. Cam Robinson has been slipping in everyones mocks and Mcaffrey is projected to go at the end of the 1st. If we can leave this draft on day 1 with Hooker/Adams and Cam Robinson/Mcaffrey maybe then I call about our late 3rd rounder for A.J...

I'd be good with that.  Macc has been trying to move Richardson since last year's draft.  Hard to say what he'll do if he's offered a "take A J even up, or we're going to move him elsewhere" offer.  

If they were to go the draft pick route, I'd much rather take pics in next year's draft.  More value that way, and GM's are more likely to worry about next year,next year.

35 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

well, one reason is marvin lewis is in win now mode.  he got a pass (he's gotten a ton of passes) last season and he's probably under some serious pressure to make the playoffs.  he's going to get there with red ryder playing qb not aj mccarron.  shelly will give him some extra horsepower on the dline.

Archived