Jets got The media frozen out

Tinstar

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Was there any mention of any of the outside players this club signed being in contact with the Jets ?  Unless this franchise makes it known, nothing comes out of HQ

That's why I don't believe any of the stupid rumors, Macc has Florham Park buttoned up tight. That's why Mehta & Cimini have to make so much sh*t up.

9 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Was there any mention of any of the outside players this club signed being in contact with the Jets ?  Unless this franchise makes it known, nothing comes out of HQ

Which is why I consistently tell folks to stop listening when media reports general BS by unnamed sources (I.e. fake news) about our supposed interests or offers for this player of that player.

NY Sports Media INVENTED fake news ffs.

Just now, Jetster said:

That's why I don't believe any of the stupid rumors, Macc has Florham Park buttoned up tight. That's why Mehta & Cimini have to make so much sh*t up.

When has Cimini made sh*t up?  I actually find Cimini pretty credible, I can understand if his dry sarcastic writing isn't your cup of tea though.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

that or the players that the Jets are signing are so below the radar that the media a) doesn't even know they exist, or b ) doesn't care that they do  exist.   

re-signing Ben Ijanana or stealing away Kelvin Beachum aren't exactly ground-breaking scoops.  

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

When you just release a gazillion starters and still only have like what $20 mil in cap space, you're not freezing out any media. You just don't have sh!t to work with. So no, Macc doesn't have this bottled up. It's not like we picked up a bunch of superstar FAs and the media missed it. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

When you just release a gazillion starters and still only have like what $20 mil in cap space, you're not freezing out any media. You just don't have sh!t to work with. So no, Macc doesn't have this bottled up. It's not like we picked up a bunch of superstar FAs and the media missed it. 

Pretty sure he's referring to the NY/Jets beat writers. 

5 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Cimini is better in talking then he is in writing. His smarminess is not apparent when he is talking. It's the same with Gary Meyers.

I know it's fashionable to hate every writer who produces a single word about the Jets, but Myers is a complete fraud.  I guarantee he couldn't name more than a dozen guys on the roster unless he had one in front of him.

There may have been a time when he knew his stuff, but that time has passed.

9 hours ago, Tinstar said:

It's like how the Nets traded for Luis Scola on the low and nobody knew about it.

9 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

that or the players that the Jets are signing are so below the radar that the media a) doesn't even know they exist, or b ) doesn't care that they do  exist.   

re-signing Ben Ijanana or stealing away Kelvin Beachum aren't exactly ground-breaking scoops.  

Hey come on, nobody even had a lead on the Tanner Purdum re-signing. There's a new sheriff in town and his name is SHERIFF MACC

10 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Mac runs a tight ship, thats why when there is leaks about Hack you can only take them with a grain of salt. 

6 hours ago, j4jets said:

Yes, but your point?

Guess we disagree if you don't think a Mehta, Cimini, Martin, Costello etc would put out the Jets were close to / about to sign any player, especially this week..

11 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

When has Cimini made sh*t up?  I actually find Cimini pretty credible, I can understand if his dry sarcastic writing isn't your cup of tea though.

He hates the Jets, **** him. Have you ever heard him on the radio talking about the Jets, nothing but negativity. He is a parasite in my book. Him and Mehta are two little maggots.

I get a kick out of the media.  When the Jets make splash signings they say the Jets love to be the champions of March, and when they are conservative like this year, they are "losers" in free agency.  No matter what they do it's negative.

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

He hates the Jets, **** him. Have you ever heard him on the radio talking about the Jets, nothing but negativity. He is a parasite in my book. Him and Mehta are two little maggots.

So he's like 2/3 of the people who post here?!? 

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I don't see that with Cimini.  I think he does his job pretty well, tells it like it is no matter how hard it is to hear.  The only thing that gets a knock is that dry sarcasm he drops that I think a lot of ppl confuse for him hating on the Jets. He makes a lot of bad or poorly chosen jokes.  I mean what positive was there to talk about last year?  His job isn't to PR the Jets or spin news in a positive light.  2 years ago he was reporting positively b/c the Jets were having success. 

I just think its actually unfair to lump Cimini in with Mehta.  Was the main reason the post jumped out at me.  Mehta is just complete sensationalist crap with no integrity.  Cimini is actually pretty good at his job and reporting facts with integrity he just suffers from a poor writing/talking personality.

4 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I don't see that with Cimini.  I think he does his job pretty well, tells it like it is no matter how hard it is to hear.  The only thing that gets a knock is that dry sarcasm he drops that I think a lot of ppl confuse for him hating on the Jets. He makes a lot of bad or poorly chosen jokes.  I mean what positive was there to talk about last year?  His job isn't to PR the Jets or spin news in a positive light.  2 years ago he was reporting positively b/c the Jets were having success. 

I just think its actually unfair to lump Cimini in with Mehta.  Was the main reason the post jumped out at me.  Mehta is just complete sensationalist crap with no integrity.  Cimini is actually pretty good at his job and reporting facts with integrity he just suffers from a poor writing/talking personality.

I agree about his poor writing/talking skills. I live in south Fl, and have lived in many states in the Country and most beat writers seeem to be fans of the team and usually try to be somewhat positive unless the team is a dumpster fire. NY media, what can you do.

Archived