Geno Visiting Giants

JetsFanatic

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pac said:

Don't lower yourself to that disingenuous style of debate.  No one would claim vindication if he didn't play a snap.  That's absurd.

The question has more to do with all the QB experts who kept saying Geno is the worst player in the league and no one is interested.  I read at least 10 separate experts tell me he may be out of the league altogether.

Meanwhile he's a more attractive option rehabbing from a torn ACL than their hero Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Of course he's going to be signed by someone so now the argument has to shift to "thank god it's not us" or "good luck being a backup".  It's laughably predictable.

Now they're moving the goalposts. It went from no one will sign him to enjoy being a backup. 

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The question I would ask is why the NYJ have nothing close to a starting QB yet when it is the most important position on the team? How can the GM not have signed anyone yet at QB?

The team starts and ends there. 

Thing is that not having anything close to a starting QB is in the eyes of the fans. Management has 2 QB's drafted and under contract both projects and now expected to step up can they or will they is the question. I expect no signing till the end of training camp giving Petty and Hack the best opportunity to win the job. If neither can step up a QB will be brought in at that time not the best case but then it's suck for Darnal and hope he decides to come out and the Jets have a shot at drafting him.

38 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The question I would ask is why the NYJ have nothing close to a starting QB yet when it is the most important position on the team? How can the GM not have signed anyone yet at QB?

30 minutes ago, August said:

Now they're moving the goalposts. It went from no one will sign him to enjoy being a backup. 

Congrats, i guess you guys were all right after all, Geno actually, is, good.

32 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Thing is that not having anything close to a starting QB is in the eyes of the fans. Management has 2 QB's drafted and under contract both projects and now expected to step up can they or will they is the question. I expect no signing till the end of training camp giving Petty and Hack the best opportunity to win the job. If neither can step up a QB will be brought in at that time not the best case but then it's suck for Darnal and hope he decides to come out and the Jets have a shot at drafting him.

Are you kidding me? The Jets need two other QB's. Petty is injured and did not show much last season. Hack is a phantom player. This GM is proving to underperforming in many areas. 

Listening to the fans got the Jets Futz last season. I would not say that is a scaleable business model.

Neither is hoping a college QB comes out for draft early. Furthermore, what if he is drafted and flops? Hope is also not a good business model. This GM needs to get real

8 hours ago, Bob said:

You Geno fans are hilarious. He's not leading anybody to victory because he sucks. I can't believe the Giants are even looking at this clown. I hate them, but they've always been smarter than the Jets.

... and the facts are they gave Geno a call instead of Fitz

15 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Congrats, i guess you guys were all right after all, Geno actually, is, good.

No one ever stated Geno is good. He is a better QB than what the roster currently holds. The Jets QB situation is abysmal and this GM is going into his third draft. Last year was the season to go with Smith. They would have found out about him. If he floundered they had Petty and Hack to follow.

If the Jets draft another QB this season I am not confident he will be the correct choice. I hope he does get a hit if he does draft another QB. This draft till you get one approach is not all that it is cracked up to be. The QB's have to be developed. Something the Jets blew on Futz last season by listening to the fans.

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

No one ever stated Geno is good. He is a better QB than what the roster currently holds. The Jets QB situation is abysmal and this GM is going into his third draft. Last year was the season to go with Smith. They would have found out about him. If he floundered they had Petty and Hack to follow.

If the Jets draft another QB this season I am not confident he will be the correct choice. I hope he does get a hit if he does draft another QB. This draft till you get one approach is not all that it is cracked up to be. The QB's have to be developed. Something the Jets blew on Futz last season by listening to the fans.

There's no need to find anything out about Geno, he's a well known commodity. It's like sniffing poo, no need, we know it smells terrible 

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Perhaps Christian Hackenberg has shown progress and the team is ready for him to start. 

Perhaps Bryce Petty is a good number two quarterback.

Perhaps the Jets intend to draft another quarterback in April as our number three.

If Mike Maccagnan is committed to developing a young quarterback into a starter using patience and the draft, this is how it is done.  No wasted roster spots on old guys. 

SAR I

6 minutes ago, jetrider said:

This is more about Fitz not getting any calls ... again.

He literally created something in his head that doesn't exist in reality then tries to bait people into defending a point they never made or imply. Hence people "celebrating" Geno getting a backup job. 

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Fitz sucks, who cares about him. This thread is the Geno is getting interviews for a backup job celebration. Enjoy the party. WooHoo!!

That's okay, that's how Fitz got all his jobs from all six teams that dumped him.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Perhaps Christian Hackenberg has shown progress and the team is ready for him to start. 

Perhaps Bryce Petty is a good number two quarterback.

Perhaps the Jets intend to draft another quarterback in April as our number three.

If Mike Maccagnan is committed to developing a young quarterback into a starter using patience and the draft, this is how it is done.  No wasted roster spots on old guys. 

SAR I

The proof is that he signed Futz to a ridiculous contract last year. The other thing is that the younger QB's could not develop at all because of that. Petty is injured in case you missed that.

I'll never forget when I was a kid, my dad tearing up when he saw Namath in a Rams uniform. I asked him why, and he said I couldn't understand it.

now, after all these years, when I see Geno as the backup for the Giants, I think I will finally understand my dads tears.

You folks are a hoot, how long have some of you been Jets fans
You know what's coming, Eli is going to get hurt early and Geno will get his chance.
He plays well enough to lead the Gints to the playoff while we fall just short of the number one pick.
Geno finally become loved by Giants fans world wide. Eli retires in two years allowing Geno to have a long and productive career as the Giants starter including many wins against the Jets
Sar and many others continues to insist that Geno sucks, in spite of his two Super Bowls rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, fltflo said:

You know what's coming, Eli is going to get hurt early and Geno will get his chance.
He plays well enough to lead the Gints to the playoff while we fall just short of the number one pick.
Geno finally become loved by Giants fans world wide. Eli retires in two years allowing Geno to have a long and productive career as the Giants starter including many wins against the Jets
Sar and many others continues to insist that Geno sucks, in spite of his two Super Bowls rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. I hope that is not how this ends

12 minutes ago, fltflo said:

If watching Geno Smith win 2 Super Bowls with the Giants is what it takes to get him off the Jets then so be it. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If watching Geno Smith win 2 Super Bowls with the Giants is what it takes to get him off the Jets then so be it. 

SAR I

At least you're consistent. Quick question when did you start hating Geno and at what point was there no turning back for you?

15 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I'll never forget when I was a kid, my dad tearing up when he saw Namath in a Rams uniform. I asked him why, and he said I couldn't understand it.

now, after all these years, when I see Geno as the backup for the Giants, I think I will finally understand my dads tears.

Your dad was referring to the boners he got from Joe's Beautymist pantyhose ads.

Archived