NJ.com top remaining free agents

AFJF

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/03/nfl_free_agency_2017_best_players_available_at_eve.html

I have a feeling we may be waiting for Osweiler to be cut in CLE.  Not great (but what QB on the market is)

but he's still young and we could get him cheap since he already has $16 million in his pocket this year

That list sucks. Other than Hightower there is nothing on that list for a rebuilding team like the Jets. Maybe Minter & Claiborne at the right price. Let's roll with what we have & dive into this next draft. No wonder signing have come to a screeching halt, most teams will just sit back now & watch the prices come down for most of this group left.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

I have a feeling we may be waiting for Osweiler to be cut in CLE.  Not great (but what QB on the market is)

but he's still young and we could get him cheap since he already has $16 million in his pocket this year

This could happen. I have to say I am so unimpressed with QB whisperer down there in Houston (Obrien). WTF were they thinking signing Osweiller for all that money, any lay person could tell you it was ridiculous. His decisions with QBs gives me hope that him passing on Hackenberg might bode well for us. 

I'll say this about the Jets, I believe right now we have a better Oline than the Texans, a better group of WRs other than Hopkins, who is kinda of a one trick pony though (you saw how easy Patricia took him out of the game), better RBs in Forte & Powell, and if we end of with OJ Howard a better TE. 

Not farfetched to see Osweller behind center for the NY Jets in 2017. Interesting. 

Zach Brown would be an excellent signing if we moved on from Harris.  Hes younger, faster and better in coverage.  He also was miscast in Tennessee as a 4-3 MLB and played much better as an ILB in Buffalo's 3-4 last year.

I also wouldnt mind taking a shot on morris clairborne

35 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Time to celebrate! They have Geno on the list, they have him on the list!!! WooHoo!!! 

Checked the NFL.com top 100 remaining and he's on that one too.  Came in like gangbusters at no. 86 with the second wave of free agent signings under way.

Congrats, Geno!!

but isn't this the way with free agents every year?  teams that can keep their players do and release the ones who either can't perform to high standards or think they are worth way more than the teams are willing to give.  when you see two jet qb's on the list it makes you wonder how they even managed 5 wins.

as for what the jets can or will do, they can get some decent defensive players like minter if they are willing to pay the price.  hightower is going to be very pricey.  we'll see what happens.

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Did you watch any of his play last season?

Maddening to watch him either miss easy throws or dump it off to his running back short of the sticks

2 hours ago, KRL said:

If you subscribe to the theory that Macc was very much influenced to draft Hack because of how much O'Brien liked him, there is no way in helll he'd ever touch Osweiller.

45 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Checked the NFL.com top 100 remaining and he's on that one too.  Came in like gangbusters at no. 86 with the second wave of free agent signings under way.

Congrats, Geno!!

You know, I'm man enough to admit that I was wrong about Geno, and that all the Genoids were right after all. Oh well, looks like the Jets really blew it with this great talent.

It's hilarious that 3 ex jet QBs are out there at the same time, lol. I mean seriously, Belichick having Brady in this division is pretty much the most lopsided advantage in all of football. Our expectations of our coaches to overcome this type of advantage is pretty laughable. 

Makes that 2010 playoff win in Gillette even more impressive. 

Funny I keep seeing this listed as a "weak" FA class at QB. This is one of the best and deepest FA QB classes in history. Yes they all suck balls don't get me wrong, and I sure as sh*t don't want any of them, but good QB's never hit the FA market. This one has multiple former starters and high draft picks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/03/nfl_free_agency_2017_best_players_available_at_eve.html

What kind of list doesn't have Geno Smith on it at #1?

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

First thought: that list is sad and terrible.

Second thought: A team made up of the guys on that list would beat the Jets by two TDs.

Their last 3 starting Quarterbacks are on that list and neither is even 1 or 2 of a horrible list. 

Why would the jets want osweiler?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, mkajet01 said:

Why would the jets want osweiler?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If / when he's cut he'll be cheap, young and a good arm.  Why wouldn't you bring him in and see what he's

got?  In DEN he looked like he had promise, if he doesn't work out you cut him

Archived