This draft should be simple.

SenorGato

I tried to make the "foundation" idea work for my mock, QB, OT, edge, and it was a pretty crappy draft

this draft is stacked with secondary players, a huge needs for this team, so I wouldn't be surprised if the first 2 picks are secondary players

49 minutes ago, Larz said:

I tried to make the "foundation" idea work for my mock, QB, OT, edge, and it was a pretty crappy draft

this draft is stacked with secondary players, a huge needs for this team, so I wouldn't be surprised if the first 2 picks are secondary players

The only one I really have some issues with is OL, but I see plenty of guys the Jets can use as a pass rusher on the outside. DBs are supposed to be deep but :shrugs:....The Jets never draft the Iloka or Chancellor of the draft, but if there's a 6'3"+ safety with the right mix of measurables, experience, and performance please take that guy. 

10 hours ago, SenorGato said:

The only one I really have some issues with is OL, but I see plenty of guys the Jets can use as a pass rusher on the outside. DBs are supposed to be deep but :shrugs:....The Jets never draft the Iloka or Chancellor of the draft, but if there's a 6'3"+ safety with the right mix of measurables, experience, and performance please take that guy. 

There really aren't a lot of safeties that big.  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:s

I was dead set against drafting a QB at 6 and still am somewhat against it.  However Deshaun Watson looked very good at the combine to me, he threw as well as any of the other QBs, he was as accurate if not more than the others and he seemed loose and relaxed.

When I start to think of the alternatives to drafting a QB at 6 there are question marks on the value of some of these guys.  I would no longer beef at taking a QB at 6 even if it is a big gamble.

The bigger issue for the jets is going to be in round 2 when one of these QBS falls to the 2nd round and is sitting there for us.

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I was dead set against drafting a QB at 6 and still am somewhat against it.  However Deshaun Watson looked very good at the combine to me, he threw as well as any of the other QBs, he was as accurate if not more than the others and he seemed loose and relaxed.

When I start to think of the alternatives to drafting a QB at 6 there are question marks on the value of some of these guys.  I would no longer beef at taking a QB at 6 even if it is a big gamble.

The bigger issue for the jets is going to be in round 2 when one of these QBS falls to the 2nd round and is sitting there for us.

I'd much rather get Watson at 6 then our next underwhelming 1st round defensive player 

On 3/12/2017 at 5:34 PM, SenorGato said:

First four picks:

Watson

Engram/OT/Pass rusher

OT/pass rusher/DB

OT/pass rusher/DB

Call me crazy....but I get the feeling that both QBs will drop in the draft. The idea that the QB class is weak is going around more and more. As a matter of fact, I would not be surprised if they would fall to teams like NO and ARI which precisely need QBs that can start in a year or two. 

Jets (No. 6): In general manager Mike Maccagnan's perfect scenario LSU running back Leonard Fournette falls to No. 6 and the Jets get a franchise back, who could make even their motley collection of quarterbacks looks better. In this particular mock, it doesn't happen. Fournette is gone, as if the top quarterback Mitch Trubisky, of North Carolina. That leaves Maccagnan with a relatively easy pick, the best cornerback in the draft, Ohio State's Marshon Lattimore.

6 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Call me crazy....but I get the feeling that both QBs will drop in the draft. The idea that the QB class is weak is going around more and more. As a matter of fact, I would not be surprised if they would fall to teams like NO and ARI which precisely need QBs that can start in a year or two. 

This QB class is weak in the sense that all of them suck but Watson. Maybe Mahomes with a non-first if that were possible. 

Tony Pauline had an interesting take on Watson that he seemed to have his throws be a split second too late during the clemson pro day.

Look, I think he was an amazing college player, and that his leadership/intangibles seem to be off the charts, however projecting someone's leadership to help them in the NFL simply because Russel Wilson and Dak Prescott overcame a lack of elite skills and came from spread offenses is no different then projecting a tall, strong armed QB to develop in the pros if they werent good in college.

After signing McKnown, I think the organization has given Mac some security that he will not be fired after the 2017 season.  Mcknown will be the starter opening day, and hopefully help groom/develop Hack to eventually start once he invariably gets hurt or we are out of contention.  I think we use this deep draft to shore up other positions like safety or TE at #6, and continue to get younger players with whatever character-types Mac feels is best.  If Hackenberg suddenly improves over the course of 2017 great.  If he doesnt, we will be under 6 wins in a draft with "hopefully" 3 legit franchise QBs in Darnold, Rosen and Josh Allen.  

Lets also hope that while we take good Non-Qbs in this draft, that teams like chicago, buffalo and cleveland all invest some sort of draft capital in a QB that precludes them from being hell bent on moving up in 2018 to increase our chances of landing a top guy.

On 3/12/2017 at 8:19 PM, jdeacon said:

I would be completely shocked if Mac drafts a qb in the first round, especially at #6. I fully expect either Allen or Adams at the pick unless we get a great offer to move down and accumulate more picks.

I think Watson lacks the arm strength he'll need to get the ball down field over the middle in the Winter. There are 3 great options in next year's draft. 

17 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

watson should be a slam dunk pick, but we all know we go cb 

I am not so sure. I feel that this regime understand that we are absolutely devoid of offensive playmakers. I feel that they could go Fournette or OJ Howard, even Dalvin Cook. Fournette would be the perfect weapon to take pressure off and provide more options to the QB (wink wink Hackenberg). The same can be said about Howard or Cook. 

I personally would absolutely love to go Howard with the 6th and Cook with the next pick. 

17 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Not the pro day!!!!! That's pretty wild and I am now convinced. 

Actually if he is late on this throws in a scripted environment in shorts, that would be something that matters when the pads go on in the NFL, but thanks for the input.

37 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Actually if he is late on this throws in a scripted environment in shorts, that would be something that matters when the pads go on in the NFL, but thanks for the input.

No doubt, I find this news to be huge. This really is a big deal, brings up major questions.

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Were the 2 National Championship games vs. the best D in the nation scripted?  Just curious. 

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, JiF said:

Were the 2 National Championship games vs. the best D in the nation scripted?  Just curious. 

Right? Maybe Watson just has IT! He seems like the kind of kid that if he has any early success, young guys will rally around him. I'd love to know what Joe Montanas MPH were on his throws, lol. There is something to be said for ANTICIPATION, Brady does it all the time! Brady probably rifles a ball like 3 times a game, all the rest are just placed perfectly. Fitz had to go into full split, wind up & torque himself into the ground to throw deep. I think Watson will probably be a better QB, we'll see.

Ideally I'd like to see Jamal Adams - the safety out of LSU drop to us or Leonard Fournette (those are 2 picks I'd be really happy with). With Adams, some scouts are calling him the next Ed Reed "A once in a generation safety" - now it's not very often you hear that which is why i dont think he makes it out of the top 5... i see either Chicago or Tennessee taking him... but you never know - we could get lucky. If both are gone, I'd be good with Lattimore. I dont want to see them grab a QB at 6. 2nd round... if one of the top guys drops, and there's no top tackle there... then **** it... but i really am against them drafting a QB at 6. I dont think any of these QBs will go in the top 10. 

28 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Right? Maybe Watson just has IT! He seems like the kind of kid that if he has any early success, young guys will rally around him. I'd love to know what Joe Montanas MPH were on his throws, lol. There is something to be said for ANTICIPATION, Brady does it all the time! Brady probably rifles a ball like 3 times a game, all the rest are just placed perfectly. Fitz had to go into full split, wind up & torque himself into the ground to throw deep. I think Watson will probably be a better QB, we'll see.

The entire situation with Watson is just absolutely bizarre.  To have played in as many games as he has and to be as successful as he has to hit all this criticism, even stuff that has never been relevant before, like MPH, is wild.  It's out their for the world to see, he can do it all. 

I get the spread knocks and the INT's.  I do.  But it doesnt matter.  I've said it before, Winston and Ryan threw picks.  And they're great.  Mariota never took a play from behind center, Dak too.  They're fine.  The kid is special and he's got a maturity to him that you just dont see in kids his age too.  I'd love him.

Have you seen any of the recent interviews with him too?  Like you said, he's just got IT.

Archived