Sign in to follow this  
UnknownJetFan

QB Daniels was released and is now available

22 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The guys a zero. For the life of me I don't know how he even got that contract from the Eagles. He was a project coming out of college and has basically never played in the NFL.

Reminds me of someone.....can't put my finger on it yet......

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

So, Bledsoe made Brady into the QB he is today, because Belicheat got an edge by having him as a backup?

The notion that one QB makes another better is NFL story telling manifesting itself in the hopefulness of fanbases. It's a very rare circumstance when it happens, and it doesn't make that big a difference. Favre basically ignored Rodgers existence. Montana didn't tutor Young. Even Vinny didn't take time out to "teach" Chad. 

It's just not a thing, not at the level some folks want it to be. Find a QB who is a self-starter, who can learn on his own, who takes to his coaching, and who has the aptitude and skillset to play at this level. That QB is more responsible for how he develops than the other QBs around him.

totally agree.  no matter what the sport the superstars are rarely the guys who make great coaches because they pretty much never had to be motivated to train and learn the game.  that's something that just can't be taught.

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Reminds me of someone.....can't put my finger on it yet......

Assuming you're talking about Hack at least he's only been in the league a year. Chase Daniel has been in the league for 7 years and in that time he's started two games and thrown one touchdown pass. 

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Assuming you're talking about Hack at least he's only been in the league a year. Chase Daniel has been in the league for 7 years and in that time he's started two games and thrown one touchdown pass. 

And, even though I would mind signing Chase on the cheap, not 6'0 with an "ok" arm. Hack is 6'4 with a Howitzer.

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

When the Jets sign some jag vet at this time next year Hack is going to have two full years not getting into a game.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

^^^

Wants us to re-sign the guy who lost his job to Ryan Fitzpatrick, twice.

Uses the argument that we cannot sign Daniels, because he lost his job to Foles. Foles just got another contract. Nobody wants Fitz.

Follow the logic tree. See what I see. Oooh oooh eee eee!!!!

Are you off your meds?

Geno didn't lose his job to Fitz...  he lost it to IK. 

Go take a nap.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

When the Jets sign some jag vet at this time next year Hack is going to have two full years not getting into a game.

isn't that the heart of the decision?  hack or petty or someone else.  imho hack has to be the starter.  he should go into the otas as the starter and maintain that status at least through the start of training camp.  but how does that affect the jet decision for drafting or signing a qb? i don't know.  they have some options.  some good and some bad.  i don't think they are currently in a position to discount anyone at this point except for geno and fitz.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, I think that Daniel has two starts in his entire NFL career and Petty has 4. So if he is signed it's to compete for the starter's job not to be given the job. The exhibition season would determine who is named starter. If we sign either Cutler or Kap then Daniel could be brought in to be his backup. In that case they probably get rid of Petty. And Hack would again be the number 3. Probably Daniel will not sign with us to be a backup. He can go to other places like probably NO for that. 

I don't post here much, but when I do, it's because of posts like this. You should stay away from threads regarding QBs.  Maybe the Jets can resign Fitz for $11 mil? A hometown  discount in your QB world. 

If Daniels was a good QB one of his teams in seven years would have seen it and made something of it. Hack has been in the league a year and made clear he was a redshirt project. Cannot compare the two at all.

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

Fact:  Sanchez had one - and before u blabber on about how much it did or did not help that is a fact

Daniel is 6ft nothing QB who knows at this point in career he will not be face of franchise his best bet for his FAMILY is to get a contract and do what he is told ...that my friend is the real world and human nature.

I am not arguing on behalf of Daniel. I am not saying that mentorship NEVER plays a role in player development. I am however disputing the notion that Petty and Hack cannot end up successful without a veteran that teaches them... because this is the prevailing narrative, and the way you've positioned your argument. If that's not what you meant, then perhaps you should have focused on clarifying your message. Right now, you're starting to splinter.

40 minutes ago, Pac said:

Are you off your meds?

Geno didn't lose his job to Fitz...  he lost it to IK. 

Go take a nap.

No he didn't. That's foolish joewilly12 tripe. He was the incumbent, he was talked about as the starter. He got popped, but if he was worth a damn he would have taken the job back. He never did. He also had the chance to take it last year, when Fitz was an abomination of a QB, and Geno still couldn't unseat him.

So... yea, this argument you keep delving into amounts to little more than Taco Flail Grandé,

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I am not arguing on behalf of Daniel. I am not saying that mentorship NEVER plays a role in player development. I am however disputing the notion that Petty and Hack cannot end up successful without a veteran that teaches them... because this is the prevailing narrative, and the way you've positioned your argument. If that's not what you meant, then perhaps you should have focused on clarifying your message. Right now, you're starting to splinter.

I have no idea what you are arguing but you obviously didnt read my original post as I was not arguing for Daniel or even saying what the Jets should do or not do.  I simply stated a hypothetical that if Jets sign someone like Daniel and do not draft a QB in 1st 2 rounds of upcoming draft then this is what I predict will happen.

and I also believe that is the right thing to do in that hypothetical.  Of course I am not saying anyone cant be successful without this or that of course they can.  I believe the Jets must cover all bases in case they do not and it does not hurt to name a Vet who can help as number 2 and have them dress for game day.  I think it is a no brainer ....but brains short supply.

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

I have no idea what you are arguing but you obviously didnt read my original post as I was not arguing for Daniel or even saying what the Jets should do or not do.  I simply stated a hypothetical that if Jets sign someone like Daniel and do not draft a QB in 1st 2 rounds of upcoming draft then this is what I predict will happen.

and I also believe that is the right thing to do in that hypothetical.  Of course I am not saying anyone cant be successful without this or that of course they can.  I believe the Jets must cover all bases in case they do not and it does not hurt to name a Vet who can help as number 2 and have them dress for game day.  I think it is a no brainer ....but brains short supply.

I was replying to swanseajack, about the notion of vet QBs having the responsibility to teach. You jumped in with the line about every little bit helps, which I dispelled, then you make some snotty remark about me talking out my ass, even though I was talking about human nature and you were talking in circles about jibberish.

I still think you're talking in circles. I don't care what point you think you're making any longer... if we're going to continue, then I'm just going to torment you. But I'd rather not, since you seem like a decent guy.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It is not QB #1's job to teach QB #2 and #3.

That's what coaches are for... and considering that Bowles just scapegoated 7-8 different positional coaches, the lowest acceptable standard should be for coaches to teach at this point.

3 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

No it is not the Job of back up Vet to teach... but every little bit helps and the Jets QB and team need all the help they can get so why the hell not look for someone who can help.

Not everything is black and white and there isn't always the 1 big thing you can do to help in most cases it is all the small things.  Belicheat has made a career out of it looking for all the little tiny details that help get edge like statistics, bending rules, filming :), football deflation, stealing scripts from opp locker room, etc...

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No he didn't. That's foolish joewilly12 tripe. He was the incumbent, he was talked about as the starter. He got popped, but if he was worth a damn he would have taken the job back. He never did. He also had the chance to take it last year, when Fitz was an abomination of a QB, and Geno still couldn't unseat him.

So... yea, this argument you keep delving into amounts to little more than Taco Flail Grandé,

Actually he did, but then he got hurt. 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I was replying to swanseajack, about the notion of vet QBs having the responsibility to teach. You jumped in with the line about every little bit helps, which I dispelled, then you make some snotty remark about me talking out my ass, even though I was talking about human nature and you were talking in circles about jibberish.

I still think you're talking in circles. I don't care what point you think you're making any longer... if we're going to continue, then I'm just going to torment you. But I'd rather not, since you seem like a decent guy.

lol u cant torment me but carry on - you make no sense to me either so I will leave it at that

I think that the key to having a vet QB to teach/mentor is their approach to the game.  You want studious guys that are good in the weight room. You want a mentor for how to approach the game.  That is why guys like Gholston and Thomas Jones are not bad to keep around.  You know they will keep people working in the weight room.  For a QB it is more about studying film and judging how to get your cues and when to swap plays, which routes should be broken off when, stuff like that.  Guys like Favre and Vick are probably terrible for that, while a guy like Brunnel was probably good.  

2 minutes ago, slats said:

So for a quarter and 8 minutes of the another?

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

So for a quarter and 8 minutes of the another?

Even if it was one play, the benched Fitz for Geno last year. 

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

If Daniels was a good QB one of his teams in seven years would have seen it and made something of it. Hack has been in the league a year and made clear he was a redshirt project. Cannot compare the two at all.

People knocked Glennon for the Bucs drafting Jameis Winston the best QB to come out of college since Luck

This clown Daniels got cut in favor of a total scrub Nick Foles

57 minutes ago, thadude said:

Such a nauseating offseason

cant wait for next January when Mac and Bowles are both unemployed

#setupfordisappointment

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

As soon as you said he hasn't thrown enough passes for team X.  Means he must suck, stay away? 

He's only thrown 78 passes in his career. That's across like 3 teams. The fact he just got cut for Nick Foles says all we need to know. He's a bad QB because he's a bad QB. If he was a good QB he wouldn't be looking for work after getting beat out by a rookie last year. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Even if it was one play, the benched Fitz for Geno last year. 

Had Smith not injured himself, we probably would not have seen the likes of Fitz for the rest of the season no matter what Geno did on the field.  

1 hour ago, slats said:

Come on, you and I both know how reluctant the coaches were to make the move to him. Saying Geno took the job from Fitz last year is as absurd as Crusher asking for a salad instead of fries.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

People knocked Glennon for the Bucs drafting Jameis Winston the best QB to come out of college since Luck

This clown Daniels got cut in favor of a total scrub Nick Foles

That was a salary decision... both are total scrubs, but let's call it what it is.

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Come on, you and I both know how reluctant the coaches were to make the move to him. Saying Geno took the job from Fitz last year is as absurd as Crusher asking for a salad instead of fries.

In that analogy, Ryan Fitzpatrick is fries. Fries are good, Fitzpatrick isn't. 

Lots of non-football reasons to keep Fitz in there. The Gailey connection. Bowles' preference for a vet. Not wanting to look like idiots for letting Fitz extort $12M from them before being benched - and they benched him for Geno, anyway. Despite that reluctance, Fitz lost his job to Geno Smith. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

In that analogy, Ryan Fitzpatrick is fries. Fries are good, Fitzpatrick isn't. 

Lots of non-football reasons to keep Fitz in there. The Gailey connection. Bowles' preference for a vet. Not wanting to look like idiots for letting Fitz extort $12M from them before being benched - and they benched him for Geno, anyway. Despite that reluctance, Fitz lost his job to Geno Smith. 

lol, funny... but, no.

This is a stretch of an argument you're making... if Geno "took" the job, and had any shred of value to the organization, he'd have a contract. 

We can stop now, because neither you or I are @Villain The Foe. :)

So they benched Fitz for Geno but really didn't want to so that means it wasn't benching at all.  It was more like giving Fitz PTO.

Cool.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

So they benched Fitz for Geno but really didn't want to so that means it wasn't benching at all.  It was more like giving Fitz PTO.

Cool.

I heard Fitz was just being a nice guy and giving Geno a chance.  It was voluntary.  Samsies with the Petty situation.