QB Daniels was released and is now available

UnknownJetFan

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Because Petty sucks and will be cut and they're not putting all their eggs in the Hackenburg basket.

How does anyone not see this?

Mac knows if Petty/Hack are the 2 Qb's on our roster next season he will be unemployed by January at the latest

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because I think having 3 young QBs on a roster is not a good idea.

There may be an unwritten rule in the NFL where you can't roll out a team with three QBs with a total of 3 years experience.  Even Chase Daniels is pushing it.

The two worst teams in the league last year had RG III and McCown and Cutler and Hoyer.  To bring out Petty, Hack and draft pick would pushing that envelope too far.

But don't get me wrong.  I think it is the absolutely right strategy to go all young, see where it goes, and have that be an accurate reflection of where the Jets are and what their draft pick should be.

Who to blame here?  The Jets themselves.  Had they played Petty and Hack more last year, I think they could make a more credible argument for 3 very young QBs.  The fact that the number 2 (or 1) was viewed as not even close to making the field last year makes that position hard to take.

Archived