All Charges against Revis Dropped

JetsFanatic

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter to Jets fans either way.

He's not on the team, he was not a team-player, his accomplishments were overrated, he helped our enemy win a championship, and he quit on the field for a full season.

No Ring Of Honor.  No Hall Of Fame.

Enjoy the money, it's all you walk away with.

SAR I

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Back to the Patriots for vet minimum, while the Jets pay him $6m in.... 3..... 2..... 1..... 

About right.. :( he'll probably be a nickle back or some roamer and will do very well being surrounded with better players/coach.

Free agent Darrelle Revis said he "definitely" wants to continue his playing career and would be open to a position switch to safety.

The soon-to-be 32-year-old (in July) is working with a new trainer and has changed his entire nutrition plan, resulting in a loss of 10 pounds. Some estimated Revis, who is listed at 198 pounds, was playing at upwards of 220 pounds in 2016. Leaving a Pittsburgh court room on Wednesday, where he had all of his charges from a February brawl dropped, Revis made a pitch to his hometown Steelers, saying it would be a "dream come true" to play for them.

This guy is a total ******* disgrace.

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's not on the team, he was not a team-player, his accomplishments were overrated, he helped our enemy win a championship, and he quit on the field for a full season.

SAR I

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This guy is a total ******* disgrace.

Revis completely bent Woody over (I'm positive Woody wanted him back because he was the most celebrated NY Jet in years with his Revis Island moniker). So Woody tells Macc, whatever it takes. Revis says all the right things, "This is where I always wanted to be, I never ever wanted to leave NY, blah, blah, blah", comes in over 20 Lbs overweight (not farfetched, he looked sluggish as sh*t), proceeds to literally get SMOKED by every young WR in the league, avoids contact like its the plague, and literally STEALS the NY Jets money.

I agree with SAR 1, Revis is no football hero, he's despicable. 

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

More evidence that criminal justice is entirely defendant on the size of your bank account, and the quality of Lawyer it can purchase.

No fan of Revis but both accusers admitted they didn't know who hit them AND the tape that was released basically proved that.

38 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Is his fall-guy buddy getting prosecuted for this?  He just admitted assaulting the 2 men.  Chris Carter proud right now.

I'm sure Revis has never seen that guy before and he was totally a random passerby.

Edit: just saw it actually was his buddy. I'm sure he'll be getting something very expensive for his birthday.

SAR I

You're crazy, everything you said he's not, he was (besides being a team player). One of the best Jets and cornerback of all time. Hate him or not, you have to admit he's an all time great.

I hope he finds a team and bounces back.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Flimsy, fake accusation. We were to believe that Revis decided to attack a group of young guys, then stole one of their cell phones? Come on

He is Mevis Scum. This is right up his alley, exactly his MO. Pieces of sh*t like that don't deserve the prestige of being a Jets player. 

8 minutes ago, goober36 said:

You're crazy, everything you said he's not, he was (besides being a team player). One of the best Jets and cornerback of all time. Hate him or not, you have to admit he's an all time great.

I hope he finds a team and bounces back.

No, I do not admit he's an all time great.

He may have taken an opponents #1 WR out of a game on occasion, but it didn't make a difference if the #2 and #3 had a great day on the other side of the field.  And they did.  Often.

If there were a batter so feared that he was intentionally walked all the time he is no longer a batter.  He's just a guy who gets a lot of walks and doesn't drive in any runs.  That's Darrelle Revis.  A rumored great cornerback.  Might have made big plays.  We'll never know.

SAR I

41 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

I'm sure Revis has never seen that guy before and he was totally a random passerby.

Edit: just saw it actually was his buddy. I'm sure he'll be getting something very expensive for his birthday.

q2kge.jpg

SAR I

No, I do not admit he's an all time great. He may have taken an opponents #1 WR out of a game on occasion, but it didn't make a difference if the #2 and #3 had a great day on the other side of the field.  And they did.  Often.

If there were a batter so feared that he was intentionally walked all the time he is no longer a batter.  He's just a guy who gets a lot of walks and doesn't drive in any runs.  That's Darrelle Revis.  A rumored great cornerback.  Might have made big plays.  We'll never know.

SAR I

On occasion? Besides last year he shot down starting WRs. Do you remember his 2009 season? Arguably the best year for a cb ALL TIME.

He made his team 10x better. Being able to shut down a Calvin Johnson type receiver for 60 minutes is unheard of.

c3538288b63d371be12eb3cc52260e67.jpg

Does this ring a bell? Come back to reality

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Revis completely bent Woody over (I'm positive Woody wanted him back because he was the most celebrated NY Jet in years with his Revis Island moniker). So Woody tells Macc, whatever it takes. Revis says all the right things, "This is where I always wanted to be, I never ever wanted to leave NY, blah, blah, blah", comes in over 20 Lbs overweight (not farfetched, he looked sluggish as sh*t), proceeds to literally get SMOKED by every young WR in the league, avoids contact like its the plague, and literally STEALS the NY Jets money.

I agree with SAR 1, Revis is no football hero, he's despicable. 

he's despicable for getting as much money as possible.  you guys really crack me up,

Jet fans- they will tell us how great Ken O'Brien was and tell us how revis sucks.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18915609/all-charges-dismissed-defensive-back-darrelle-revis ................................

Revis appeared in municipal court Wednesday where the judge decided to dismiss the charges after hearing testimony from one of Revis' childhood friends. The friend told the judge he came to Revis' defense during an altercation and punched the men, knocking them out.

Revis, a four-time All-Pro who was released by the New York Jets two weeks ago, had been ordered to appear at all hearings and instructed not to have any contact with the alleged victims and witnesses -- not even on social media. He had to submit his passport.

The incident in question occurred at 2:43 a.m. ET on Feb. 12 on Pittsburgh's popular South Side. Two men, ages 21 and 22, told police that they were punched and knocked out amid a verbal altercation with Revis, though they did not know who hit them.

Witnesses said the two men were unconscious for 10 minutes, according to police, but also did not know who hit the men.

Revis, 31, is a free agent and has said he'd like to continue his NFL career, which includes a Super Bowl championship with New England and seven Pro Bowl selections.

Revis, who grew up in nearby Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, said he'd love to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"That would be great," Revis told the NFL Network after the charges were dismissed. "As a child I watched the Steelers play, went to a few games as a young child, I played here in high school and college, so to play here professionally would be awesome too. So we'll see. Hopefully we'll have a conversation with the Steelers."

Revis, who admittedly reported out of shape to training camp last summer and said during the season his body was "breaking down," claimed he's in top condition and eager to play, even if it means changing positions. He has talked in the past about switching to safety.

"I'm 10 pounds lighter than I was last year at this time so I'm really hammering that," he said. "The hunger is definitely there, just passion and love for the game, and I'm excited. I'm excited for this upcoming season. I just had to put this past me and now I can really focus on what team I can fit with, the best system and team and coaches."

The Jets still owe Revis $6 million.

Admits to being fat and out of shape.

"Gets" childhood friend to say he was the guy who knocked out 2 men cold. (hmmmmmm $)

Steals money from NYJ

Still owed 6 mill by the NYJ because of  the hometown court verdict.

"Great " players stay in shape and never quit on their team like this nozzle did

If any team signs this slouch after all this they deserve him.

Archived