Mo Looks WAyyyyy out of shape at Temple Pro Day

shawn306

Scouts ‘shocked’ to see ‘sloppy’ and out of shape Muhammad Wilkerson at Temple’s Pro Day 

Not Released (NR)

Muhammad Wilkerson's bloated contract makes him an untradeable player at this stage in his career.

(AL PEREIRA/NEW YORK JETS FOR GETTY IMAGES)

The Jets might have a weighty issue on their hands that they frankly don’t need.

The Daily News has learned that defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson isn’t exactly in the best shape of his life at the moment. Several scouts at Temple Pro Day in Philadelphia last week were aghast upon seeing a bloated Wilkerson, who appears to have let himself go after the worst season of his career.

Wilkerson, who starred at Temple before the Jets took him in the first round in 2011, looked like he had been plucked from the nearest buffet, according to people in attendance.

One scout texted me a picture of a Goodyear blimp with an accompanying: “Sloppy.”

Bowles not happy with Mo Wilkerson’s jabs at Jets’ training staff

“He looked like a pedestrian with a huge gut,” another scout said. “I was shocked.”

Wilkerson’s lack of discipline and commitment came into focus during a forgettable season that included poor production, a benching and a world of embarrassment after he cashed in with a new blockbuster five-year, $86 million contract that included $36.75 million guaranteed at signing.

JAN. 3,2016, FILE PHOTO

Several scouts were shocked to see Muhammad Wilkerson looking so clearly out of shape at Temple's pro day.

(BILL WIPPERT/AP)

Less than a year after Wilkerson posted rehab videos on the treadmill with the hope of landing a big payday with the Jets or anyone else, he evidently hasn’t attacked this offseason with the same fervor. Wilkerson’s official weight last season was 315 pounds. It’s unknown how much he’s tipping the scales at now.

Wilkerson declined comment through a team spokesman to discuss his weight, conditioning or workout regimen, an ominous sign to say the least.

Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson address benching

More than 40 NFL talent evaluators were on hand for Temple’s Pro Day. Wilkerson didn’t make a favorable impression on any of the people that I touched base with over the past week.

One eyewitness simply said Wilkerson was “looking absolutely terrible.” When I pointed out that the defensive lineman has never been mistaken for Jack LaLanne, the person texted: “LOL He’s always looked terribly out of shape?”

The news should be disconcerting for Jets brass. Teams technically can’t communicate with players during this quiet period on the NFL calendar. The Jets offseason program at the team facility doesn’t begin until mid-April.

Muhammad Wilkerson blamed his 2016 season, the worst of his career, on the Jets' training staff, saying they couldn't put together a strategy to manage his leg injury.

Muhammad Wilkerson blamed his 2016 season, the worst of his career, on the Jets' training staff, saying they couldn't put together a strategy to manage his leg injury.

(NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)

It’s a frightening notion for the organization to wonder how Wilkerson, who played last season with an ailing surgically repaired ankle, is actually taking care of his body right now.

Ex-Jets star Darrelle Revis sees assault charges dropped

The Jets effectively chose Wilkerson to be a part of their future rather than Sheldon Richardson, who is on the trade block. Richardson’s past off-field transgressions have been discussed ad nauseam, but Wilkerson hasn’t exactly been a model pro, either.

Todd Bowles benched Wilkerson for the first quarter of a game for the second consecutive season for repeated tardiness to meetings/practice. The final straw: Wilkerson skipped a team walkthrough in October after a night of revelry to celebrate his birthday. The team had a birthday cake waiting for him after that practice.

The NFL Network reported last season that Bowles actually met with Wilkerson about his unacceptable behavior before the team inked him to a long-term deal. Wilkerson reportedly “vowed to behave” before breaking team rules again.

Wilkerson further embarrassed the organization by announcing during the final week of the regular season that the Jets training staff didn’t have a plan to properly manage his leg/ankle injury at the outset of the season.

Skrine reacts to Mo calling out Jets secondary: 'It's the truth'

Wilkerson, who had his fewest sacks (4 ½) since his rookie year, was a nonfactor for the better part of four months. After saying very little about the impact of his off-season leg surgery and accompanying tendon issue near his ankle, Wilkerson’s decision to throw the trainers under the bus wasn’t exactly received well by the team brain trust.

Now, the organization should be concerned about whether they bet on the right defensive lineman. Wilkerson’s contract makes him nearly impossible to trade this year. He’s taking up a team-high $18 million of salary cap space (with a fully guaranteed $14.75 million base salary).

The Jets could part ways after the 2017 season (his $16.75 million base salary in 2018 becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the new league year), but the hope from the powers that be is that he’ll get on the straight and narrow path.

That path, of course, requires discipline. Players that don’t take care of themselves in the offseason typically don’t magically round into shape. Darrelle Revis was puffed up last summer — he was 20 pounds overweight (217) — and never recovered.

Jets' Austin Seferian-Jenkins suspended 2 games after DUI arrest

It’s time for Wilkerson be fully committed and earn his money this season. Maybe even hop on a treadmill and post a video.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Good God... what a mistake it was to cave in to this guy.  Unmotivated, lazy, has ALWAYS taken plays off.

I hope there is a lesson to be learned here.  

Don't believe Anything from the daily snooze, ny slimes, newsrag or the ny toast (post)  <_<

Where to get your ass kicked by a New York Jet

Once the clock runs out on the NFL season, many football players decamp to their hometowns for a respite — but one New York Jet is moonlighting as a workout instructor.

Cornerback Buster Skrine has been channeling his inner Richard Simmons at Kore, a boutique studio in the Meatpacking District, since he quietly started teaching high-intensity interval training classes two months ago.

“I’m a guy who likes to interact with people. I like to work out,” says the Georgia native, 27. “It keeps me in shape and focused.”

The 40-minute sessions are drawing fitness fanatics, Snapchatting chicks in revealing workout gear and football fans hoping to brush elbows with Skrine and other NFL pros who come to sweat — such as Chris Lewis-Harris, a free agent cornerback who played for the Baltimore Ravens, and Gang Green’s Darryl Roberts and Marcus Williams.

“When I first started doing this, we only had six people,” says Skrine, who changes his routine weekly. “And I invited all of them. Now I can’t lie. Things have been blowing up.”

He’s now packing three weekly classes (Thursday at 3 p.m. and 5:30 pm and Saturday at 5:30 p.m.). Before one Thursday session, he personally greets everyone as he dons his microphone and barks, “Follow the leader,” and kicks off a fast-paced routine of quad-busting squats, kettle-bell movements and ab work. After class, the wall of mirrors is fogged up, everyone is drenched — and nobody leaves without posing for a sweaty selfie with the approachable defensive star.

“You’re not going to leave dog-dead, but you know you burned calories,” he says. “I’ve done every workout you can think of. I’ve got a nice grasp on how the human body adapts.”

For 30-year-old Stephanie Becerra, it’s all about the workout — though Skrine’s team affiliation doesn’t hurt, either.

“It’s challenging, and he has so much energy and charisma,” says the Jets fan, a human resources executive and Port Chester, NY, resident who hasn’t yet missed a class. Last week, Skrine gave her his jersey for her hard work.

“If I wasn’t in the NFL and I was just a regular person, I think it’d be a cool experience,” says Jet Darryl Roberts, who plays in the secondary with Skrine. “I think it’s cool for everybody to be around Buster.”

That was the sentiment of a 14-year-old rabid fan who, a few weeks ago, took a solo taxi ride from his Weehawken, NJ, home to Skrine’s class. But without parental permission, he couldn’t participate.

“I’m looking for his parents, and it was just him. I felt so bad that I had to turn him away,” says Skrine, who took his number and vowed to work out with the boy at his school with his parents in tow. He has since fulfilled the promise.

The cut 5-foot-9 Skrine calls himself the “go-to fitness guy in the locker room,” but his unconventional venture is more personal than simply building six-packs. The classes support his charity, Path Mentorship, which benefits children in need and single mothers. Kore donates the space and the $35 class fee directly to the organization.

“Don’t be scared because an NFL player is leading the class. Anybody can do it, and you’re helping these kids who need help,” says Skrine, who hopes to eventually open up a nightclub-inspired gym in the Big Apple. When the warm weather comes, he will be expanding into outdoor bootcamp classes in Weehawken, Manhattan and Brooklyn

And Skrine — who will continue at Kore until the start of the season — hopes to lure other teammates, such as Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson, to his class — as well as former Jet Brandon Marshall, who was recently signed by the Giants.

“He thinks he’s Mr. Fitness,” says Skrine. “So let’s get him in here and see how he does.”

http://nypost.com/2017/03/13/where-to-get-your-ass-kicked-by-a-new-york-jet/

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Good God... what a mistake it was to cave in to this guy.  Unmotivated, lazy, has ALWAYS taken plays off.

I hope there is a lesson to be learned here.  

23 minutes ago, C Mart said:

everyone should tweet Mo to get his lazy fat ass into Skrine's gym..

Guys, seriously... 

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

Costello from deep:

Manish is accusing me of being passive-aggressive. So I’ll stop being passive. If a guy does not talk to him, they get crushed. That simple

Brian Costello‏ @BrianCoz

He looks fit in the picture.  Very fit actually.  Time will tell what kind of shape he is in.

But if he dogs it or is not in shape, I believe that the Jets could (and should) cut him in 2018 and perhaps franchise SR if he is still on the team.  Perhaps that is why SR has not been moved yet?

I have been more tolerant about the Jets repeat drafts of DL-seems better to get them on rookie contracts and let them sign away for a comp pick.

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Fake News

In an unrelated story Batboy is expecting his second child with Courtney love and the ghost of Curt Cobain is expected to act as the midwife. According to a source close to the couple, who only go's by Count, they are naming the child Woody. 

M. Mehta

2 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Scouts ‘shocked’ to see ‘sloppy’ and out of shape Muhammad Wilkerson at Temple’s Pro Day 

Not Released (NR)

Muhammad Wilkerson's bloated contract makes him an untradeable player at this stage in his career.

(AL PEREIRA/NEW YORK JETS FOR GETTY IMAGES)

The Jets might have a weighty issue on their hands that they frankly don’t need.

The Daily News has learned that defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson isn’t exactly in the best shape of his life at the moment. Several scouts at Temple Pro Day in Philadelphia last week were aghast upon seeing a bloated Wilkerson, who appears to have let himself go after the worst season of his career.

Wilkerson, who starred at Temple before the Jets took him in the first round in 2011, looked like he had been plucked from the nearest buffet, according to people in attendance.

One scout texted me a picture of a Goodyear blimp with an accompanying: “Sloppy.”

Bowles not happy with Mo Wilkerson’s jabs at Jets’ training staff

“He looked like a pedestrian with a huge gut,” another scout said. “I was shocked.”

Wilkerson’s lack of discipline and commitment came into focus during a forgettable season that included poor production, a benching and a world of embarrassment after he cashed in with a new blockbuster five-year, $86 million contract that included $36.75 million guaranteed at signing.

JAN. 3,2016, FILE PHOTO

Several scouts were shocked to see Muhammad Wilkerson looking so clearly out of shape at Temple's pro day.

(BILL WIPPERT/AP)

Less than a year after Wilkerson posted rehab videos on the treadmill with the hope of landing a big payday with the Jets or anyone else, he evidently hasn’t attacked this offseason with the same fervor. Wilkerson’s official weight last season was 315 pounds. It’s unknown how much he’s tipping the scales at now.

Wilkerson declined comment through a team spokesman to discuss his weight, conditioning or workout regimen, an ominous sign to say the least.

Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson address benching

More than 40 NFL talent evaluators were on hand for Temple’s Pro Day. Wilkerson didn’t make a favorable impression on any of the people that I touched base with over the past week.

One eyewitness simply said Wilkerson was “looking absolutely terrible.” When I pointed out that the defensive lineman has never been mistaken for Jack LaLanne, the person texted: “LOL He’s always looked terribly out of shape?”

The news should be disconcerting for Jets brass. Teams technically can’t communicate with players during this quiet period on the NFL calendar. The Jets offseason program at the team facility doesn’t begin until mid-April.

(NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)

It’s a frightening notion for the organization to wonder how Wilkerson, who played last season with an ailing surgically repaired ankle, is actually taking care of his body right now.

Ex-Jets star Darrelle Revis sees assault charges dropped

The Jets effectively chose Wilkerson to be a part of their future rather than Sheldon Richardson, who is on the trade block. Richardson’s past off-field transgressions have been discussed ad nauseam, but Wilkerson hasn’t exactly been a model pro, either.

Todd Bowles benched Wilkerson for the first quarter of a game for the second consecutive season for repeated tardiness to meetings/practice. The final straw: Wilkerson skipped a team walkthrough in October after a night of revelry to celebrate his birthday. The team had a birthday cake waiting for him after that practice.

The NFL Network reported last season that Bowles actually met with Wilkerson about his unacceptable behavior before the team inked him to a long-term deal. Wilkerson reportedly “vowed to behave” before breaking team rules again.

Wilkerson further embarrassed the organization by announcing during the final week of the regular season that the Jets training staff didn’t have a plan to properly manage his leg/ankle injury at the outset of the season.

Skrine reacts to Mo calling out Jets secondary: 'It's the truth'

Wilkerson, who had his fewest sacks (4 ½) since his rookie year, was a nonfactor for the better part of four months. After saying very little about the impact of his off-season leg surgery and accompanying tendon issue near his ankle, Wilkerson’s decision to throw the trainers under the bus wasn’t exactly received well by the team brain trust.

Now, the organization should be concerned about whether they bet on the right defensive lineman. Wilkerson’s contract makes him nearly impossible to trade this year. He’s taking up a team-high $18 million of salary cap space (with a fully guaranteed $14.75 million base salary).

The Jets could part ways after the 2017 season (his $16.75 million base salary in 2018 becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the new league year), but the hope from the powers that be is that he’ll get on the straight and narrow path.

That path, of course, requires discipline. Players that don’t take care of themselves in the offseason typically don’t magically round into shape. Darrelle Revis was puffed up last summer — he was 20 pounds overweight (217) — and never recovered.

Jets' Austin Seferian-Jenkins suspended 2 games after DUI arrest

It’s time for Wilkerson be fully committed and earn his money this season. Maybe even hop on a treadmill and post a video.

Manish is by far the biggest liar,instigator in sports media. A reporter made a good point about mainsh, he will make up and talk shiit about anyone who dared refuse to talk with him 

Glad to see you all beat me to it, but the moment this was coming from Manish, it was clearly going to be pure nonsense.  This so-called "article" is written up like a tabloid.  The guy has made it abundantly clear for a very long time that he ends up taking personal issues with players, and becomes obsessed with throwing a ridiculous little fit about them whenever possible out of spite.

I was willing to give Wilk the benefit of the doubt for last year given he was coming off a late season injury, and if he doesn't turn it around this year my view on that will greatly change.  However, Manish's garbage could not possibly mean anything less, regardless of what happens from here.

Archived