Seriously? The return of the unmentionable?

Dcat

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Not going to lie. Being told that this site will fail for years, watching this site grow to be the largest Jets site, then passing on the Scout deal and having that deal ruin the site that was # 2 in posting volume right behind us, yes that doesn't suck lol.

Good for you, Max.  That eff you must feel damn great.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/30/2017 at 10:50 AM, Maxman said:

The first 30 accounts here, like 6 of them were fake. We thought we were going to need to do the fake posting thing. But we had like 500 posts on our first day in existence or something crazy like that. So we didn't need to do it much.

We have had other fake accounts. I used the streetballa account to send messages to the staff here that I didn't want to say to them directly. Oh wait, no that wasn't me and that didn't happen here. :)

My favorite fake account here was probably the Call Center Guy from India that @Thor99 created when we were in that Jets fan site voting contest on Sports Illustrated. @GreenBeans wrote a script for us that would vote automatically. The vote between all the sites was really close. I got that script and I installed it on like 3 computers in my house. I went to my paren'ts house installed it everywhere. I was basically driving around the neighborhood installing this script and the next day we were up by like 250,000 votes.

People accused us of cheating. The nerve lol. So Thor posted that he was a big Jets fan in India and he loved the site. He had his entire call center, hundreds of people voting for us non-stop. I loved reading on other sites that we had a call center voting for us and we were going to be hard to beat. Pretty funny that people believed the story. 

Ahh, the good old days! @Maxman, if we run into that jam again, let me know. I am in the process of hiring an automation guy here at work, we can do things faster and better!

OK, so it's April Fool's Day, and Max couldn't muster putting up the banner from 2008 featuring Rich Kotite and other dubiousness across the top. Please go get it. That was really, really, funny, and folks were like, wha....? Oh, right, wait, it's April 1st. Unfortunately, it's a joke that never ends. 

On 3/31/2017 at 1:32 PM, Maxman said:

Sg3 said he doesn't know if he was banned here, that he just stopped posting on his own. Yet I think there are like 50 emails of him begging to come back that say he knows what he did.

Here are two of his many accounts here. And I have to say, it is hard to get banned here, doesn't happen much. This one was a no-brainer. :)

sg3.PNG

sg3_2.PNG

Actually I'm pretty sure he's still here

FYI.  A missive sent by one Mainejet.  lol

In reference to the Airing of Grievances thread....

I have a message for all of you that feel so bothered by what happened before and during JI's approximate two year merge with Scout?

Take all of your perceived mistreatments, bans, slights, etc. and 

GET OVER IT.

What Sooth did with Scout was chase the profit motive. Like any small business owner he was trying to increase his size and thereby his revenue. 

GET OVER IT

He didn't do anything to you personally. He was trying to make a better life for his family and himself. That's called the American way. That's also very normal and expected behavior for any small business owner. Do I need to explain to you and everyone else that small businesses and their growth is the life blood of the economy? If you don't like that fact...

GET OVER IT

If you think you're going to air out all of your dirty laundry in the Airing of Grievances thread and Sooth is going to hold your hand, stroke your ego, and you'll together have some touching Tasters Choice moment among men? You're an idiot. Don't think for a second that Maxman, Elias, or any other proprietor wouldn't do the very same thing if they thought the profits were worth it. If they ever claimed anything otherwise, rest assured they are completely full of sh*t.

GET OVER IT

It was as unfortunate for me as it was for anyone else to suddenly find the site we called home in a shambles. I, like most everyone else I would imagine miss seeing posts from Warfish, FLGreen, TX, and many, many, many others and all the great content/debate they bring.

GET OVER IT

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a guy trying to build his business. Honestly, I think many, including the most intelligent and compelling names from the old JI consistently have trouble with that fact? He didn't do anything to you. He did what he thought was best for the posters and his business. If you don't like it?

GET OVER IT

With all due respect, and I do mean with all due respect, you should not hold any vendettas or hairs across your a$$. 

Sooth, I apologize for potentially stepping on your feet with this thread? I just get the feeling that so many coming back here have some sort of pent up anger toward you or Jetsinsider? It's DUMB....

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

I "got over it" not very long after I settled in here. :-) 

Word.

You catch this little bit of fantasy?  "Don't think for a second that Maxman, Elias, or any other proprietor wouldn't do the very same thing if they thought the profits were worth it. If they ever claimed anything otherwise, rest assured they are completely full of sh*t."

What that deer hunter fails to mention is that Max actually did turn down Scout.

On 4/3/2017 at 4:35 PM, munchmemory said:

I have a message for all of you that feel so bothered by what happened before and during JI's approximate two year merge with Scout?

GET OVER IT.

What Sooth did with Scout was chase the profit motive. Like any small business owner he was trying to increase his size and thereby his revenue. 

GET OVER IT

He didn't do anything to you personally. He was trying to make a better life for his family and himself. That's called the American way. That's also very normal and expected behavior for any small business owner. Do I need to explain to you and everyone else that small businesses and their growth is the life blood of the economy? If you don't like that fact...

GET OVER IT

If you think you're going to air out all of your dirty laundry in the Airing of Grievances thread and Sooth is going to hold your hand, stroke your ego, and you'll together have some touching Tasters Choice moment among men? You're an idiot. Don't think for a second that Maxman, Elias, or any other proprietor wouldn't do the very same thing if they thought the profits were worth it. If they ever claimed anything otherwise, rest assured they are completely full of sh*t.

GET OVER IT

It was as unfortunate for me as it was for anyone else to suddenly find the site we called home in a shambles. I, like most everyone else I would imagine miss seeing posts from Warfish, FLGreen, TX, and many, many, many others and all the great content/debate they bring.

GET OVER IT

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a guy trying to build his business. Honestly, I think many, including the most intelligent and compelling names from the old JI consistently have trouble with that fact? He didn't do anything to you. He did what he thought was best for the posters and his business. If you don't like it?

GET OVER IT

With all due respect, and I do mean with all due respect, you should not hold any vendettas or hairs across your a$$. 

Sooth, I apologize for potentially stepping on your feet with this thread? I just get the feeling that so many coming back here have some sort of pent up anger toward you or Jetsinsider? It's DUMB....

did you like my response? :cool:

and did you read where Sooth said he made enough money from the Scout deal to put his 3 kids through college (state schools)?  

that would be about $20,000 per year for 4 years for each of three kids. $240,000?  Good for him if true.  I do think the "exaggeration mosquito" has bitten him on the ass with regard to that.  

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

1462887936-giphy-1.gif

can't tell you how satisfying it was to be the first to deliver a black eye via a post on the "new" JI. And it couldn't have gone to anyone more deserving than that idiot. I'm done there now.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

can't tell you how satisfying it was to be the first to deliver a black eye via a post on the "new" JI. And it couldn't have gone to anyone more deserving than that idiot. I'm done there now.

Good to see TX backing up what you said too! :D 

Oddly enough, I think TX is the only JI poster that I actually miss over here. I know I may be in the minority, but I just ignored the trolling and when he was engaged in a realistic football conversation I found his views were worth reading.

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Good to see TX backing up what you said too! :D 

Oddly enough, I think TX is the only JI poster that I actually miss over here. I know I may be in the minority, but I just ignored the trolling and when he was engaged in a realistic football conversation I found his views were worth reading.

Tex was a standup guy always showed up if the Jets beat the Pats and if he was asked a honest question always gave a honest answer.. ;)

On 4/3/2017 at 4:49 PM, munchmemory said:

Word.

You catch this little bit of fantasy?  "Don't think for a second that Maxman, Elias, or any other proprietor wouldn't do the very same thing if they thought the profits were worth it. If they ever claimed anything otherwise, rest assured they are completely full of sh*t."

What that deer hunter fails to mention is that Max actually did turn down Scout.

This is the email I sent in response to the NDA that they emailed me in May 2014. I never signed the NDA, instead I sent this:

Hi (redacted),

Thanks for the time and the interest in JetNation, but we are going to stay independent. I think what you guys are building is very exciting, but if just isn’t right for us for a few reasons.

If you need recommendations or introductions to any other sites, just let me know.

Thanks again and good luck moving forward.

Thanks,

Phil Sullivan

Tx is the resident villain in the Jets Internet universe that is really just a Greek Tragedy. He also was a good way to weed out the nit-wits not yet mature enough, which isn't saying much, to handle the basic principles of forum debate and banter and lead them to the BAN cliff alleviating the rest of us of redundant threads.

Release the KRAKEN known as @PatsFanTX!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

Tx is the resident villain in the Jets Internet universe that is really just a Greek Tragedy. He also was a good way to weed out the nit-wits not yet mature enough, which isn't saying much, to handle the basic principles of forum debate and banter and lead them to the BAN cliff alleviating the rest of us of redundant threads.

Tex aka Mike was always amazed that some Jet fans always took his bait time after time.. One of his all time fav players was Broadway Joe..:)

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

and did you read where Sooth said he made enough money from the Scout deal to put his 3 kids through college (state schools)?  

that would be about $20,000 per year for 4 years for each of three kids. $240,000?  Good for him if true.  I do think the "exaggeration mosquito" has bitten him on the ass with regard to that.  

State schools in NY \ NJ are more than 20k right now. They really start at like $28,000 per year. But in other states it is often much cheaper for in-state residents. For example, and I am throwing this out there as a random example that is no way related to this conversation, Florida in-state college tuition seems to be much less expensive.

On 4/3/2017 at 3:35 PM, munchmemory said:

GET OVER IT.

GET OVER IT

GET OVER IT

GET OVER IT

GET OVER IT

GET OVER IT

That post is basically a beginner's guide as to why this place is great and JI is a fetid sewer.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Good luck putting your kids through State Colleges.  :P

I have one graduating from FDU Florham Park (across from the Jets) in May. Another one starting college in Sept and another one 4 years behind that.

We haven't figured out how we are getting out of debt for all the years of Catholic high school and grammar school. We will figure out the college bill some day. It is on the to-do list LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have one graduating from FDU Florham Park (across from the Jets) in May. Another one starting college in Sept and another one 4 years behind that.

We haven't figured out how we are getting out of debt for all the years of Catholic high school and grammar school. We will figure out the college bill some day. It is on the to-do list LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow!  I have one kid who's about to finish his first year.  I can't imagine those bills.  WTF, are you working 23 hours/day?  Good Lord.  lol

Congrats to your FDU grad.  Gotta feel great as a Dad when they reach that milestone.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Holy cow!  I have one kid who's about to finish his first year.  I can't imagine those bills.  WTF, are you working 23 hours/day?  Good Lord.  lol

Congrats to your FDU grad.  Gotta feel great as a Dad when they reach that milestone.

Thank you. With three graduations this year maybe I should have signed that damn NDA. Now I know why my wife shook her head in disgust when I told her the story. :)

I have said it a million times, I will say it a million more. I just can't put a price on what JetNation has given me. Made so many friends, learned so much...no amount of money was going to matter. I stand by that 100%. Not for a deal like Scout where it was obvious it was going to ruin the site. That guy saying anyone would have taken the money, as you pointed out, he is incorrect.

Now when the Jets call with a million dollar offer, you will all be getting the update your email speech from me, hahaha.

43 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Yea but he has done this act for more than 10 years and gets old with him derailing threads all the time.  Good riddance to bad rubbish. 

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wait. We lost MaineJet and sg3?

Apparently sg3 is still here under a new name or so I am told. But I doubt anything could get past this crack mod team :).

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

State schools in NY \ NJ are more than 20k right now. They really start at like $28,000 per year. But in other states it is often much cheaper for in-state residents. For example, and I am throwing this out there as a random example that is no way related to this conversation, Florida in-state college tuition seems to be much less expensive.

it is Thank God

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Thank you. With three graduations this year maybe I should have signed that damn NDA. Now I know why my wife shook her head in disgust when I told her the story. :)

I have said it a million times, I will say it a million more. I just can't put a price on what JetNation has given me. Made so many friends, learned so much...no amount of money was going to matter. I stand by that 100%. Not for a deal like Scout where it was obvious it was going to ruin the site. That guy saying anyone would have taken the money, as you pointed out, he is incorrect.

Now when the Jets call with a million dollar offer, you will all be getting the update your email speech from me, hahaha.

Don't feel guilty if you ever do want to sell.  This is easily the best message board I've ever seen but you have every right to sell it if you change your mind.  Obviously you don't need my (or anyone else's) blessing to sell but I still felt compelled to write this anyway.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Don't feel guilty if you ever do want to sell.  This is easily the best message board I've ever seen but you have every right to sell it if you change your mind.  Obviously you don't need my (or anyone else's) blessing to sell but I still felt compelled to write this anyway.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

No plans on selling. The Scout meeting made me truly realize what a blessing this place is. Sorry in advance for getting all serious here but the Springsteen song The Wish has these lyrics.

Last night we all sat around laughing at the things that guitar brought us
And I layed awake thinking 'bout the other things it's brought us

I think of that a lot. Because of JetNation I became a VP of Marketing in the Corporate World. Like that never would have happened without JN. This was my marketing experience. A former CEO saw what we accomplished here and said to me, you are a Marketing guy. I had never worked a day in a Marketing department before that. Then I was running one (true story). We did well too. :)  

So I view it kind of differently. Sure, the site making money is great. Please, more of that! But it was never the goal. Parlaying the experience here into something better professionally is payment enough. Plus all the amazing friendships blah blah blah LOL!

More than anything else I want to be retired spending my time on this forum arguing with @T0mShane about how Chad Pennington was the best QB in franchise history. Then how if only Terry Bradway was given more time the Patriots dynasty never would have happened.

Archived