They can't find who killed Biggie or Tupac, but they found Brady's SB jersey < a month in Mexico?!?!

Gas2No99

Tom Brady's stolen Super Bowl jerseys found in possession of international media member

Tom Brady's stolen jersey from this year's historic Super Bowl has been recovered after being found in the possession of an unidentified member of the international media, according to the NFL.

The league announced Monday that Brady's game-worn jerseys from Super Bowl LI and another, missing from Super Bowl XLIX, were retrieved after an investigation led by the FBI.

The jerseys were found in Mexico and currently are being authenticated by authorities, Houston Police Department Chief Art Acevedo said, according to KRIV-TV.

"Through the cooperation of the NFL and New England Patriots' security teams, the FBI and other law enforcement authorities, the Super Bowl LI jersey worn last month by MVP Tom Brady has been recovered," the NFL said in its statement. "Also retrieved during the ongoing investigation was the jersey Brady wore in the Patriots' victory in Super Bowl XLIX against the Seattle Seahawks in 2015.

"The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media. Due to the ongoing investigation, we would refer any additional questions to the FBI."

Following the Patriots' 34-28 victory over the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI, Brady immediately realized his jersey was taken from a bag he had put it in in the locker room.

"It's unfortunate, because that's a nice piece of memorabilia," Brady told the press a day later. "If it shows up on eBay or something, somebody let me know. I'll try to track that down. "Those are pretty special ones to keep. But what can you do? I'll take the ring. That's good enough for me."

A week later, Patriots owner Bob Kraft, on the Fox Business Network, compared taking the Brady jersey to "taking a great Chagall or Picasso."

In its report, the Houston Police assigned a value of $500,000 to the jersey, the same number sports auctioneer Ken Goldin, who has sold game-used Brady jerseys before, said he believed it was worth if it were to hit the open market. Game-used Brady jerseys from regular season games have been sold in the $50,000 range.

The Houston police classified the alleged theft of Brady's Super Bowl LI jersey as a first-degree felony.

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I thought Tupac was alive and living in Cuba.

Biggie, Tupac, Jay-Z, these guys made good records.  Who the hell is Puff Daddy or P-Diddy?  Why do people put him up on the same pedestal when he didn't record anything I can remember.  He just has a big Adam Sandler face and sunglasses.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Biggie, Tupac, Jay-Z, these guys made good records.  Who the hell is Puff Daddy or P-Diddy?  Why do people put him up on the same pedestal when he didn't record anything I can remember.  He just has a big Adam Sandler face and sunglasses.

SAR I

Probably because nobody does. 

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Tom Brady's stolen Super Bowl jerseys found in possession of international media member

Tom Brady's stolen jersey from this year's historic Super Bowl has been recovered after being found in the possession of an unidentified member of the international media, according to the NFL.

The league announced Monday that Brady's game-worn jerseys from Super Bowl LI and another, missing from Super Bowl XLIX, were retrieved after an investigation led by the FBI.

The jerseys were found in Mexico and currently are being authenticated by authorities, Houston Police Department Chief Art Acevedo said, according to KRIV-TV.

"Through the cooperation of the NFL and New England Patriots' security teams, the FBI and other law enforcement authorities, the Super Bowl LI jersey worn last month by MVP Tom Brady has been recovered," the NFL said in its statement. "Also retrieved during the ongoing investigation was the jersey Brady wore in the Patriots' victory in Super Bowl XLIX against the Seattle Seahawks in 2015.

"The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media. Due to the ongoing investigation, we would refer any additional questions to the FBI."

Following the Patriots' 34-28 victory over the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI, Brady immediately realized his jersey was taken from a bag he had put it in in the locker room.

"It's unfortunate, because that's a nice piece of memorabilia," Brady told the press a day later. "If it shows up on eBay or something, somebody let me know. I'll try to track that down. "Those are pretty special ones to keep. But what can you do? I'll take the ring. That's good enough for me."

A week later, Patriots owner Bob Kraft, on the Fox Business Network, compared taking the Brady jersey to "taking a great Chagall or Picasso."

In its report, the Houston Police assigned a value of $500,000 to the jersey, the same number sports auctioneer Ken Goldin, who has sold game-used Brady jerseys before, said he believed it was worth if it were to hit the open market. Game-used Brady jerseys from regular season games have been sold in the $50,000 range.

The Houston police classified the alleged theft of Brady's Super Bowl LI jersey as a first-degree felony.

======================================================

And no mention of Belicheck being a scumbag?

What a ridiculous waste of tax dollars. I'm not condoning theft in any way, but what a joke. The FBI over a friggin' jersey. Unreal. Oops, my bad, jerseys plural. It is pretty funny in a wry sort of way that someone with such mad cheating skills would get stolen from, though. 

On 3/20/2017 at 10:22 AM, SAR I said:

SAR I

Puff daddy in get him to the Greek is hilarious 

On 3/20/2017 at 0:43 PM, rangerous said:

it had to be the russians.

Hah, we were all of one mind the with Russkies and the Wall. Anyway, as far as the Russkies go, Bob Kraft's SB ring is on display in the Kremlin, so I'm leaning towards the Commies on this. Both options are snarfle-worthy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/02/05/robert-kraft-hopes-trump-can-help-retrieve-super-bowl-ring-putin-pilfered/

At least the WP used the word pilfered.  F your ring, you cheating buttfrank. That story will ALWAYS be hysterically funny. "Do not understand why upset, he give to me. I look, put in pocket, gift. I offer many time ring equal value." This is an international incident that I will always stand behind. 

Stealing, cheating, jerseys, Mexicans, Russians, Kaspersky as your anti-virus . . .

Seriously, why do people in the U.S. use Chinese ad blockers and Russian anti-virus programs? So no-one will know what you're doing? lol 

Archived