Jets just signed Josh McCown (MERGED)

JetFanatic

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good signing. This guy has won jobs as a starter but staying healthy has been his big problem. He can move the ball and doesn't turn it over as much as you would think. He can keep the D off of the field if the D gives him a chance. If he has to play from behind all of the time forget about it. If one of the two young Qbs has a great camp and impresses the coaching staff they could easily move into being the starter. But I think he's the best Qb on our roster. 

This is just stupid. 

Im not sure whats worse, this signing or having to watch McCown have his best season ever then having to sit through Jets fans saying that we should sign this dude for 12 million dollars because he broke "Rekordz"

#LessThan6Wins

I'll be enjoying Chicago Bears football this season for sure. 

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

horrible. they should draft a 3rd and let them fight it out.

What exactly does he bring other than getting in the way?

He sucks. This is the worst offseason in my life

OK we will put you down as undecided.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Good signing. This guy has won jobs as a starter but staying healthy has been his big problem. He can move the ball and doesn't turn it over as much as you would think. He can keep the D off of the field if the D gives him a chance. If he has to play from behind all of the time forget about it. If one of the two young Qbs has a great camp and impresses the coaching staff they could easily move into being the starter. But I think he's the best Qb on our roster. 

If Bowels even so much as looks Josh's way on gameday, he should get fired on the spot. Give that man a clipboard and a headset and get the Patriots radio system that keeps running beyond 15 seconds and keeps going after the snap.

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

wow.  didn't see that one coming after he left without signing.  6 million per season for one season.  could be worse.

cowboys signed kellen moore to backup and mccown wanted to go to texas so i assume he took jets job before he lost out on a possible starting spot.

1 minute ago, jbeachboy said:

how do you think this affects who they pick at 6?

Not sure if it affected them selecting a QB, but since the signing is only $6M, they still have enough cap space to sign a couple more free agents.  Those signings might affect the pick.

Breer:

Josh McCown's 1-year deal with Jets is worth $6 million fully guaranteed. Also has $2M in playtime incentives, $5M in team-based incentives.

$2M in playtime incentives – McCown gets $125K for each game he plays 50% of the snaps in. $5M in team incentives: playoffs, SB, SB win.

Archived