Jets just signed Josh McCown (MERGED)

JetFanatic

3 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I disagree....if a QB is not taken at 6....we are not drafting a QB. 

Not exactly. Because let's say a QB such as Kizer, Trubisky, EVEN Watson - inexplicably like Connor Cook - falls to the 4th or 5th round I can see Mac selecting a QB. That value is TOO GOOD to pass up and is forgiven due to the Wolf Theory on QBs.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dbatesman said:

Ohh, I like this. The question is: why sign McCown at all?

I can't believe you of all people don't see what's really going on here?  It really upsets me when fellow fans don't see exactly what I see, when I see it.  This thread has spoiled my supper.

I'm thinking about leaving this board forever..  maybe taking 2 weeks off the internet too.

Come on guys!!!  LISTEN TO ME!!

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Spending $6 million for no reason is bad

There are 16,600 Jets fans who write checks every year for their season tickets.

$6,000,000 ÷ 16,500 = $363.63

I could have used that money for hot dogs and pretzels.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

My only answer here is Petty and Hackenberg are barely/if even at all NFL caliber players. And he also used to play for the Bears.

1) according to you?

2) what the hell does that have to do with anything? 

Just now, dbatesman said:

It's the only answer that makes sense. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in this regime.

And I think Bowles wants a "veteran presence" and buys into all that other bullsh*t because he's clueless. But the biggest issue here is that Petty and Hackenberg cant play.

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Not exactly. Because let's say a QB such as Kizer, Trubisky, EVEN Watson - inexplicably like Connor Cook - falls to the 4th or 5th round I can see Mac selecting a QB. That value is TOO GOOD to pass up and is forgiven due to the Wolf Theory on QBs.

At least 3 QBs will be selected in the 1st round.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

1) according to you?

2) what the hell does that have to do with anything? 

According to signing a guy who's 37 to take snaps away from a 4th and 2nd round pick of this current regime. The Bears quip was an inside joke.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are 16,600 Jets fans who write checks every year for their season tickets.

$6,000,000 ÷ 16,500 = $363.63

I could have used that money for hot dogs and pretzels.

SAR I

that would have lasted you for 7 Sundays at Metlife prices....lol

Just now, Ecuadorian Jet said:

At least 3 QBs will be selected in the 1st round.

I bet you they WON'T. MAYBE Trubisky at the end of the 1st but they're ALL 2nd round QBs. I could see Cleveland reach for Watson. but there are no top 10 QBs and none worth a 1st rounder.

Just now, Matt39 said:

According to signing a guy who's 37 to take snaps away from a 4th and 2nd round pick of this current regime. The Bears quip was an inside joke.

It's March. He hasn't taken a thing from anybody.  

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

A total of 11 million in guaranteed money this off-season has gone to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Who's not even on the roster and Josh McCown, a guy arguably worse than Fitzpatrick. 

I expect to have a new GM next season.

Yes Mr Let's pay Mike Glennon 75m

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

I bet you they WON'T. MAYBE Trubisky at the end of the 1st but they're ALL 2nd round QBs. I could see Cleveland reach for Watson. but there are no top 10 QBs and none worth a 1st rounder.

Teams reach for QBs every season...I do feel that the top 2 QBs will fall....but they wont get passed NO and ARI....at that moment, GMs will panic, like they always do, and there will be a trade to select a 3rd QB. 

Archived