Jets just signed Josh McCown (MERGED)

JetFanatic

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Trubisky and Watson aren't right out of the box ready to start. Don't want what happened to the Rams and Goff to happen here

Read what I wrote again and then what you wrote and tell me you misunderstood  .

It's a perfectly logical move given the Jets current situation. He is a good soldier, has experience, is tough as nails, and will willingly mentor young guys. He is not a real long term threat. Plus he is also not good enough or young enough to cause a quarterback controversy in the future, or to threaten our serious tanking the season. He's insurance in case the young guys play beyond horrible.

He's the perfect fit for the 2017 Jets.

And $6 mill is backup money these days.

18 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

If Bowels even so much as looks Josh's way on gameday, he should get fired on the spot. Give that man a clipboard and a headset and get the Patriots radio system that keeps running beyond 15 seconds and keeps going after the snap.

He's playing Woody. Try being a little positive. I know you've been burned big time in the past but this guy is ok not great but good. But I doubt he will stay healthy. 

Just now, David Harris said:

It's a perfectly logical move given the Jets current situation. He is a good soldier, has experience, is tough as nails, and will willingly mentor young guys. He is not a real long term threat. Plus he is also not good enough or young enough to cause a quarterback controversy in the future, or to threaten our serious tanking the season. He's insurance in case the young guys play beyond horrible.

He's the perfect fit for the 2017 Jets.

And $6 mill is backup money these days.

I have to agree its Petty and Hack showtime!!!!!!!!!!

We could very well be drafting Foutenette at 6 or Mike Williams. 

14 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Can't believe they guaranteed that much, given his age and injury history. 

Holy crap, who cares!!!!! He's a stop gap for one year. He's not going to hurt our chances to sign players next year and he's not good enough to block one of the young QBs if they're legit NFL QBs.

The only problem is that bowles seems like the type of dope to hand mccown the job if it's close. But mccown is not likely to stay healthy the whole season for a bad team.

Just now, jbeachboy said:

jets are paying 6 mil guaranteed and can get up to 13 million in incentives . that sounds like mccown is the starter, i dont see how people think he is coming off bench.

Chase Daniel was paid 21m to be a backup for Philadelphia. They had to overpay to come here and not be the guaranteed starter.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Maybe I should really get over this Jets thing. Obviously over the past 21 years that I've been a fan they've shown to not know what the **** they're doing. 

They would have to gut you like a fish, and I don't think you would survive that experience . The Jet fan experience is like a catholic marriage, between 3 people who understand what that means .

10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

When you draft 6 in a draft where all the prospects from 2-20 are all about even, what's the BPA .  This team needs a Franchise QB, and unless the Jets are 100% sure about Hackenberg, Trubisky or Watson is the pick . Everyone says these 2 kids need to sit behind a vet and learn, well the Jets just signed the BPA for that job . The player who should start to worry is Petty, because the Jets are going to give him every opportunity to start the season. If he can't, it goes to McCown until the new recruit is ready .

im ok with trubisky or watson as the pick unless leonard fournette is available.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Holy crap, who cares!!!!! He's a stop gap for one year. He's not going to hurt our chances to sign players next year and he's not good enough to block one of the young QBs if they're legit NFL QBs.

The only problem is that bowles seems like the type of dope to hand mccown the job if it's close. But mccown is not likely to stay healthy the whole season for a bad team.

If it's close, then that answers the question, doesn't it?

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Rebuilding 101: give a 38-year-old journeyman $6 million guaranteed to push your ceiling from 4 wins to 6. RETURN OF THE MACC 

you think mccown can win 6 games? he cant even last a season usually due to injury. i say 4 wins. whats most he won with browns? 1 or 2?

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Chase Daniel was paid 21m to be a backup for Philadelphia. They had to overpay to come here and not be the guaranteed starter.

I agree. BTW, if McCown started this year and got this Jets team into the playoffs, he would be UNDER PAID at $13M.

Archived