Never felt so disinterested in an upcoming season

thadude

I've been a fan for over 25 years.  Lived through the garbage with Kotite, the heartbreak of Vinny having a season ending injury when we had a legit shot at winning it all, the mediocrity of Herm, the arrogance of Mangini and the cartoonish hijinx of Rex

This 2017 season -- if it wasn't for fantasy football I wouldn't even bother watching football at all.  Goodell, if you have any brains you will suspend Woody like Steinbrenner got suspended for a couple years and allow someone knowledgeable to come in and save this franchise

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One horrible year and the QB draught is over.

And since we know it's gonna be horrible, it's really not that bad.  Have fun with Fantasy and watch Jet games to see the young guys develop.

Then this time next year we all can be psyched because we'll finally have a QB coming.

Thanks for sharing your disinterest. I am plenty interested, just in my DNA I guess. They are rebuilding and I want to see what the kids can do. If the offensive line pans out the way it is looking, they could shave some time off the rebuild.

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

And since we know it's gonna be horrible, it's really not that bad.  Have fun with Fantasy and watch Jet games to see the young guys develop.

Then this time next year we all can be psyched because we'll finally have a QB coming.

The Jets will not be picking in the top 10 of the 2018 NFL draft.

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I really hope your right

I'm so tired of the parade of feces I have been forced to watch for 20 years

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the worst roster in football.  We have a terrible coach and a clueless gm.  We r by far the favorites to secure the number 1 pick in next years draft.

Crazy thing is our roster still isn't as bad as the niners 

30 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'm curious how much I can get opposing team fans to pay to come watch.  

25 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Gonna get caught cheating somehow and Goodell will take it away?

Nice one! I have no comeback for that, well played lol.

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the worst roster in football.  We have a terrible coach and a clueless gm.  We r by far the favorites to secure the number 1 pick in next years draft.

I totally disagree. I think we have a coach that had a bad year and needs to get better no doubt. I think we have a GM that has a plan. People are writing him off and it is far too early for that. He took a shot at it by spending money in year one. It didn't work and they were able to walk away from all those contracts.

Get a QB this year and then have fun with 70 million in cap room next year.

Just now, Dcat said:

I'm curious how much I can get opposing team fans to pay to come watch.  

My bet is on the Southerners coming up to Yankee land when ATL and Carolina visit. Other than that MAAAAYBE Chargers fans seeing their team on the east coast - River's last hurrah! 

KC & Jax Never travel well. 

$$$$$ Money on Pats fans in NYC paying to see Pats on quest for 19-0

Next year's all about seeing which young guys become legit good players.  Wins and losses don't matter.  The more losses, the better in what could possibly be a QB heavy top 5 in the 1st round of the draft next season.

Jets were never solving this thing in 2 years anyway.  Might as well do it the right way.

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Next year's all about seeing which young guys become legit good players.  Wins and losses don't matter.  The more losses, the better in what could possibly be a QB heavy top 5 next season.

Jets were never solving this thing in 2 years anyway.  Might as well do it the right way.

I just hope Bowles doesn't get all panicky and automatically play McCown over the others.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks for sharing your disinterest. I am plenty interested, just in my DNA I guess. They are rebuilding and I want to see what the kids can do. If the offensive line pans out the way it is looking, they could shave some time off the rebuild.

The offensive line has just as much a chance of panning out as it doesn't completely flopping. There is no elite talent on it. Carpenter is close but the rest are average to below average players. 

The Jets will not be picking in the top 10 of the 2018 NFL draft.

That would be a mistake and should get someone fired. 

I totally disagree. I think we have a coach that had a bad year and needs to get better no doubt. I think we have a GM that has a plan. People are writing him off and it is far too early for that. He took a shot at it by spending money in year one. It didn't work and they were able to walk away from all those contracts.

I'd love to know what Macc's plan is. Is this plan A? Waste two years of proper rebuilding time only to blow it all up again two years later with very little youth or improvement at key positions? That's a bold strategy. 

This is the necessary course of action that this team should have taken so many times since 2005. A proper rebuild. Lets see what young guys can play and are worth keeping. Build through the draft and hopefully secure a top pick in a draft that has a good qb class.

Usually we're not bad enough to ever be in real position to draft our guy. But if you're of signing McCown's, Fitz's, etc. Then next year is our shot to break that trend.

The McCown signed in just another way of saying we are going to tank.  New coach next season and maybe new general manager.  At least we'll have a shot at Darnold.  If that's what it takes that's what it takes!  My guess is more than a few will be tuning out as well.  Whatever, I will still be watching.

Nothing could top the disinterest I had in the team last year, I checked out the moment they gave Fitznoodle $12M. The fact that McCown is getting half that, and the front office has a $125k/game incentive to pull him, gives me some hope that we'll at least get to see the kids play - hopefully sooner rather than later. 

This is a losing season coming up. I wanna see young players play, and show improvement. I want to see evidence that Bowles is improved, and has control of his locker room. I can't root for a loss when I'm sitting watching the game, but I'm not going to be upset about losses this year if there's some sign of a team being built. 

49 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The offensive line has just as much a chance of panning out as it doesn't completely flopping. There is no elite talent on it. Carpenter is close but the rest are average to below average players. 

That would be a mistake and should get someone fired. 

I'd love to know what Macc's plan is. Is this plan A? Waste two years of proper rebuilding time only to blow it all up again two years later with very little youth or improvement at key positions? That's a bold strategy. 

I love the people who are enthusiastic about this offseason

Because it was always Mac's plan to go 0-16 3 seasons into his tenure ?

People forget a lot of important situations that occurred the last two years. First we had to reach the salary cap floor in the 2015 season so Mac had to invest the income somewhere. Overall I do not think he did a terrible job doing this as all of the contracts were killable after two years, hence where we are now. 

The second situation that occurred was we somehow won 10 freaking games that year with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Most rational individuals would have pegged us as wining 4-5 games tops that season leaving us to pick within the top 10 for a second year. Instead you are now faced with having the 20th pick in the draft and a fanbase chanting to sign a qb that flashed in a pan. 

That 10 win season screwed us in so many ways. It hampered the development of our younger players since Bowels was determined to play only vets for a majority of the season. It stopped us from being able to draft a future LT i.e. Tunsil would have been there for the taking and easily would have been the pick if we were in the top 10. 

Watching Darnold on Saturdays will help make up for watching the Jets Sunday.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-17/2017-usc-trojans-football-schedule.php

2017 USC Schedule

Saturday Apr. 15 Trojans Spring Football Game
LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
Noon PT Pac-12N
Saturday Sep. 2 Broncos Western Michigan Broncos 
Time TBA TV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday Sep. 9 Cardinal Stanford Cardinal 
Saturday Sep. 16 Longhorns Texas Longhorns 
Saturday Sep. 23 Golden Bears at California Golden Bears 
California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA
Friday Sep. 29 Cougars at Washington State Cougars 
Martin Stadium, Pullman, WA
Saturday Oct. 7 Beavers Oregon State Beavers 
Saturday Oct. 14 Utes Utah Utes 
Saturday Oct. 21 Fighting Irish at Notre Dame Fighting Irish 
Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, IN
4:30pm PT NBC Buy Tickets
Saturday Oct. 28 Sun Devils at Arizona State Sun Devils 
Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ
Saturday Nov. 4 Wildcats Arizona Wildcats 
Saturday Nov. 11 Buffaloes at Colorado Buffaloes 
Folsom Field, Boulder, CO
Saturday Nov. 18 Bruins UCLA Bruins 
Saturday Nov. 25 OFF
Fri. 12/1orSat. 12/2 Pac-12 Pac-12 Championship Game
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
Time TBA ESPN

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't get this coach "had a bad year" stuff.  did he pull a hammy?   you think coaches go from being prepared to unprepared to prepared?  I don't.   He made the same mistakes in-game both years.  Year One Brandon caught every awful pass Fitz threw.  Year Two they were INT'd or incomplete.  The guy could never make adjustments at half time.  Never knew whether to punt or go for it late.  Horrible with challenges and timeouts.  And his players acted like a-holes.  He won the first year because we had a Pop Warner schedule and some old vets played their last productive year.  But he was basically the same game coach both years.

I agree.  As much as I want to get behind finding a franchise qb, this roster still isn't horrendous and won't be the worst in football.  Putting the franchise future into a 1 year starter that may or may not be coming out of college is a pretty silly idea.

I will be rooting to lose as many games as possible but for our players to develop.  Hoping for OJ Howard in this draft (at least at the moment) to give (hopefully) Darnold a nice weapon in 2018.  Seems easier to get a really good WR than a really good TE.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

I agree.  As much as I want to get behind finding a franchise qb, this roster still isn't horrendous and won't be the worst in football.  Putting the franchise future into a 1 year starter that may or may not be coming out of college is a pretty silly idea.

Maybe so but it's all we've got!  :)

7 hours ago, thadude said:

I've been a fan for over 25 years.  Lived through the garbage with Kotite, the heartbreak of Vinny having a season ending injury when we had a legit shot at winning it all, the mediocrity of Herm, the arrogance of Mangini and the cartoonish hijinx of Rex

I still think Rex and Idzik's final year was worse, especially with the 4th round draft pick getting cut in camp, Jets don't have a 4th round pick this year so we have that going for us

And Herm's last year would compare to this one but hey hopes were very high for Favre and Mangini and we know how that turned out so maybe there is a chance :)

44 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I still think Rex and Idzik's final year was worse, especially with the 4th round draft pick getting cut in camp, Jets don't have a 4th round pick this year so we have that going for us

Correct. The Jets have 2 x 3rd Round picks. The last pick of the 3rd round (comp) can be considered the 1st pick of the 4th round. 

8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Said every Jet fan for 40 years!!  lol

I agree though, lets watch our young guys play and hope they develop well.

Archived