Never felt so disinterested in an upcoming season

thadude

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Said every Jet fan for 40 years!!  lol

Except, not really.

When was the last time we were in a position to take a blue-chip QB prospect?  There's some optimism we may end up in that position for the first time in I don't know how long.

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Except, not really.

When was the last time we were in a position to take a blue-chip QB prospect?  There's some optimism we may end up in that position for the first time in I don't know how long.

With our history, similar to Cleveland, we will win just the right amount of games to fall right under the draft spot we need to be in to get a blue chipper.

15 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Trade down?  For who?

Trade with WHO EVER is wiling to depart with their 2nd & 3rd round pick, or if MORE than 10 spots a 2018 1st rounder.

NOLA & ARZ for whoever of DL, Safety, WR, CB drops, Wash if Watson is there (all hypotheticals) and Jets get into the teens to early 20's range and draft LT Bolles and either a Center or OT/Gs Forrest Lamp/Cam Robinson if they fall to our 2nd rounder acquired in the trade.  STACKED line for Hack or the 2018 Draft pick QB. 

If the front office believes that they will be in a position to be able to grab a more "blue chip" qb prospect next year such as Rosen or Darnold then this year they need to draft the pieces that will compliment bringing in a young qb. This means we should not trade out of 6 and draft either Howard, Williams or Davis. Having a young elite offensive weapon is vital for young qbs. I would prefer Howard but Davis and Williams look to be studs at the next level.

In the second round we should look for the best remaining center's/ tackles available. Depending on if we chose a wr or te in the first we should supplement the first pick with the best remaining player of the position we did not choose in the 3rd round. The second third rounder should go to the best remaining running back. This will give us a year to evaluate these young offensive weapons, let them get a year of seasoning and allow the offensive line to gel into a more cohesive unit for the rookie qb. Drafting defense high in this draft will do nothing for the young qb next year. We have invested so many years into the defense so many years and seen so little its time to change directions.

8 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

I will say this many folks dislike Marshall but I can say this that guy loved being a NYJ!!!!

Also Mac is signaling that this may not be a one year rebuild as many are saying but a two year plan if Hack is really the real deal.  

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Slogan for 2018 season: "Goin' Full Cluster Fu*k".  Unlike our team, it's got a nice ring to it.

No way the slogan remains the same "theres always next year" 

Stay strong brother Jets fans this either costs Macc and Bowles their jobs or we find a franchise QB In Christian Hackenberg. 

We are the most resilient fans in the NFL nothing stops us from rooting for our team. 

9 hours ago, Mike135 said:

One horrible year and the QB draught is over.

And since we know it's gonna be horrible, it's really not that bad.  Have fun with Fantasy and watch Jet games to see the young guys develop.

Then this time next year we all can be psyched because we'll finally have a QB coming.

hqdefault.jpg

cool !..

:rolleyes:

My interest will be high if we start Hackenberg.  Or a Draft Pick QB.

If we start McCown....wow, Zzzzzzzz.

Will still watch every snap of course, because :obsessive fan: and all that.

But god will watching McCown feel like wasted time.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

My interest will be high if we start Hackenberg.  Or a Draft Pick QB.

If we start McCown....wow, Zzzzzzzz.

Will still watch every snap of course, because :obsessive fan: and all that.

But god will watching McCown feel like wasted time.

Agree and I'm thinking this will happen unlike last season where we paraded Ryan Fitzpatrick out there no way are Macc and Bowles that dumb to repeat this scenario.

Can't wait for the suck for Sam fan club to start crying every time we win a game. Lots of young talent on the team to watch in hopes that they develop into something for us. Would love to see hack take a big step foward this season too

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Agree and I'm thinking this will happen unlike last season where we paraded Ryan Fitzpatrick out there no way are Macc and Bowles that dumb to repeat this scenario.

You said it yourself:  Macc and Bowles jobs are on the line.

When your job is on the line, do you play the QB who might save your job and thus sacrifice the long term you may not be here to enjoy?

Or do you play the kid(s) and sacrifice your job for the long term betterment of the franchise you won't be employed by?

Bowles loves Veterans, and is on the hot seat.  And he doesn't work for Macc.  McCown is our starter in that scenario.

Just now, Warfish said:

When your job is on the line, do you play the QB who might save your job and thus sacrifice the long term you may not be here to enjoy?

Or do you play the kid(s) and sacrifice your job for the long term betterment of the franchise you won't be employed by?

Bowles loves Veterans, and is on the hot seat.  And he doesn't work for Macc.  McCown is our starter in that scenario.

So winning 5 games with McCown is keeping them employed or winning 5 games with Hackenberg? 

If Macc and Bowles start McCown over Hackenberg,Petty or rookie QB they should both be fired and probably will. 

All part of woody's master plan, rebuild with the #1 pick just like in 97

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

They've had a very conservative free agency period for a couple guys whose jobs are on the line. I'm far from convinced that they are. I think they have to show some semblance of team building this year, and they'll get another year. And if they draft a QB in the first round next year, they may even buy themselves some more time. 

Just now, slats said:

They've had a very conservative free agency period for a couple guys whose jobs are on the line. I'm far from convinced that they are. I think they have to show some semblance of team building this year, and they'll get another year. And if they draft a QB in the first round next year, they may even buy themselves some more time. 

Considering the money that had to spend they had to be conservative. 

I agree QB at 6 seems likely. 

Considering the money that had to spend they had to be conservative. 

I agree QB at 6 seems likely. 

You're not agreeing with me, I don't think they'll take a QB at #6 this year. In fact, I kinda hope they don't take a QB at all this year. Give Hack an extended tryout at some point, and then go for broke at the position in next year's deeper QB draft. 

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks for sharing your disinterest. I am plenty interested, just in my DNA I guess. They are rebuilding and I want to see what the kids can do. If the offensive line pans out the way it is looking, they could shave some time off the rebuild.

OL pans out?  We got a bunch of JAGS and castoffs....it's probably one of the weaker units on the team and in the league...whomever is playing qb behind it needs to make sure they have plenty of life insurance...

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So winning 5 games with McCown is keeping them employed or winning 5 games with Hackenberg? 

No.

But they may think winning 8 games with McCown saves them while winning 4 with Hackenberg won't.

It's not about reality, it's about their perceptions of the job security.

10 hours ago, thadude said:

I've been a fan for over 25 years.  Lived through the garbage with Kotite, the heartbreak of Vinny having a season ending injury when we had a legit shot at winning it all, the mediocrity of Herm, the arrogance of Mangini and the cartoonish hijinx of Rex

This 2017 season -- if it wasn't for fantasy football I wouldn't even bother watching football at all.  Goodell, if you have any brains you will suspend Woody like Steinbrenner got suspended for a couple years and allow someone knowledgeable to come in and save this franchise

I think you're lying for attention.  You seem pretty interested to me.  

okp66FD.gif

15 minutes ago, peebag said:

This coming year is going to be really, really bad.  Kotite bad.  Very little talent and the HC is waaaay over his head.

Be prepared.

Agreed.  And I'm 100% ok with that if the year is used correctly.  Evaluate, rebuild, youth movement, development of young assets, etc.

Playing a stop-gap 37 year old QB is not using a horrible losing year correctly in my book.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Agreed.  And I'm 100% ok with that if the year is used correctly.  Evaluate, rebuild, youth movement, development of young assets, etc.

Playing a stop-gap 37 year old QB is not using a horrible losing year correctly in my book.

Hopefully Macc and Bowles learned playing Fitzpatrick and where it got us, we can only hope. 

Archived