Never felt so disinterested in an upcoming season

thadude

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My interest will be high if we start Hackenberg.  Or a Draft Pick QB.

If we start McCown....wow, Zzzzzzzz.

Will still watch every snap of course, because :obsessive fan: and all that.

But god will watching McCown feel like wasted time.

So you want to see Hack make Geno and Fitz look good?

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Imagine if Hackenberg gets to play and looks like he could be a NFL QB? 

I'm not sure I can... but that would be kind of amazing. 

It would only take a strong showing in the first game and we would have multiple threads calling him the savior. If Morton and the Qb coach can fix his mechanics he could be franchise qb, has the iq and the personality to handle the position. 

Eventually something like this has to happen for the franchise, lucking into a star qb like so many other teams have done.

I think the Jets need a back stop in case things go completely wrong with Hack and Petty.

The Browns put forth a credible football product last year and still lost.   Without McCown, the Jets run the risk of completely unraveling the franchise.   Hopefully this can be McCown's only year.   

Think 4 QBs in 2017, 3 in 2018

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think the Jets need a back stop in case things go completely wrong with Hack and Petty.

The Browns put forth a credible football product last year and still lost.   Without McCown, the Jets run the risk of completely unraveling the franchise.   Hopefully this can be McCown's only year.   

Think 4 QBs in 2017, 3 in 2018

I doubt it, and I think Petty is a dead man walking .  Been wrong plenty before thou, LOL .

21 minutes ago, thadude said:

So you want to see Hack make Geno and Fitz look good?

I want to see the players our GM drafted, presumably with the ok of our Head Coach, play.

And if they prove they cannot play, I want them cut next offseason for young QB's with the potential to be able to play at a franchise level.

Short term suffering (2017) for long term gain (finding a franchise QB) is acceptable to me.

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I doubt it, and I think Petty is a dead man walking .  Been wrong plenty before thou, LOL .

I don't think you're wrong.  I'll actually be surprised if he is on the opening day roster.

My prediction:

1. McCown

2. Hackenberg

3. Some late round draft pick in this coming draft.

I'm very interested. Even a little excited. It helps that there's isn't false hope to begin the season with. We know what this team is trying to accomplish.

We have a lot of unknown going into the season, including the new draft picks, and it'll be fun to watch how they develop. There's no way Hack isn't playing at some point in the season, so that will be interesting to watch. And then towards the end...are we doing better then expected? Are we sucking as expected? Is the top pick in reach? 

This upcoming season will not be about win-loss records but about developing our young talent and hopefully seeing Hack get some playing time.  I'm hearing a lot of overreaction to the fact the if Hack can't beat out McCown for the starting job then it's time to give up. I think that's a little bit premature , to start the year it's going to be McCown's job to lose unless Hack has a ridiculous training camp in my opinion, it would be more telling if he can't beat out Petty.  As a matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets draft or sign another QB and let him and Petty fight it out for that last roster spot.  The idea that Petty being on the roster is a given I think is a little premature, considering he's going into his 3rd year and was a 4th rd. pick this is going to be the year he either makes strides or is out the door.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

OL pans out?  We got a bunch of JAGS and castoffs....it's probably one of the weaker units on the team and in the league...whomever is playing qb behind it needs to make sure they have plenty of life insurance...

The LT could be considered a castoff I guess. But if the reports of his achy knee last year are true, they have a lot riding on him being healthy and back to form. If so, that is an upgrade. Carpenter and Winters are good guards. So the question marks are can Wesley emerge as the center? I thought he played well but I would like to see him get bigger and put on more weight.

That leaves right tackle and they like this Shell kid.

I see this unit being much improved over last season. Winters and Johnson are older and more experienced. Clady and Breno are gone and that is addition by subtraction.

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Really???  I say we win no more than 4 games.   

I disagree. I am feeling 8 and 8.

With a return to the playoffs the following year. The Hack Attack is back.

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't think you're wrong.  I'll actually be surprised if he is on the opening day roster.

My prediction:

1. McCown

2. Hackenberg

I agree with this.

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My prediction:

1. McCown

2. Hackenberg

That will be Ryan Fitzpatrick II and no way in hell Woody Johnson doesn't fire both Macc and Bowles. :D

29 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

More excited than last year by a lot. Petty is put straight uphill and is almost guaranteed to be gone.

Petty's fate is tied to the draft. If they take a QB in the first couple days, he's toast. After that, he's in a competition. If they don't take one at all, his roster spot is pretty safe. Being hurt bodes against him. 

5 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Watching Darnold on Saturdays will help make up for watching the Jets Sunday.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-17/2017-usc-trojans-football-schedule.php

2017 USC Schedule

Saturday Apr. 15 Trojans Spring Football Game
LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
Noon PT Pac-12N
Saturday Sep. 2 Broncos Western Michigan Broncos 
Time TBA TV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday Sep. 9 Cardinal Stanford Cardinal 
Saturday Sep. 16 Longhorns Texas Longhorns 
Saturday Sep. 23 Golden Bears at California Golden Bears 
California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA
Friday Sep. 29 Cougars at Washington State Cougars 
Martin Stadium, Pullman, WA
Saturday Oct. 7 Beavers Oregon State Beavers 
Saturday Oct. 14 Utes Utah Utes 
Saturday Oct. 21 Fighting Irish at Notre Dame Fighting Irish 
Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, IN
4:30pm PT NBC Buy Tickets
Saturday Oct. 28 Sun Devils at Arizona State Sun Devils 
Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ
Saturday Nov. 4 Wildcats Arizona Wildcats 
Saturday Nov. 11 Buffaloes at Colorado Buffaloes 
Folsom Field, Boulder, CO
Saturday Nov. 18 Bruins UCLA Bruins 
Saturday Nov. 25 OFF
Fri. 12/1orSat. 12/2 Pac-12 Pac-12 Championship Game
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
Time TBA ESPN

I will bring the wings and beer. *

*no guarantee they make it. I get hungry when I travel 

The McCown signed in just another way of saying we are going to tank.  New coach next season and maybe new general manager.  At least we'll have a shot at Darnold.  If that's what it takes that's what it takes!  My guess is more than a few will be tuning out as well.  Whatever, I will still be watching.

So if I hear you correctly, the manager is tanking so he can get out of being the GM of the Jets? Interesting maneuver! I wonder why he just wouldn't walk away at the end of the season? Maybe he's already working for Belichick!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

So if I hear you correctly, the manager is tanking so he can get out of being the GM of the Jets? Interesting maneuver! I wonder why he just wouldn't walk away at the end of the season? Maybe he's already working for Belichick!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He's in way over his head he doesn't know what he's doing isn't  it quite evident. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

My interest will be high if we start Hackenberg.  Or a Draft Pick QB.

If we start McCown....wow, Zzzzzzzz.

Will still watch every snap of course, because :obsessive fan: and all that.

But god will watching McCown feel like wasted time.

We need to share wings and ale for a game this year. Been too long my friend. 

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Can't wait for the suck for Sam fan club to start crying every time we win a game. Lots of young talent on the team to watch in hopes that they develop into something for us. Would love to see hack take a big step foward this season too

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Would you like to subscribe? 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

My prediction:

1. McCown

2. Hackenberg

While you may be right, this makes really no sense - on the part of the FO if they do it.

You replace Petty a late round pick that was slated for 2-3 years of development, and then got cheated out of major portions of his first 2 years.... and replace him with a late round pick that will be slated for 2-3 years of development.

Jets brilliance at its finest.

I'm actually a bit excited to watch this season.  If they had panicked, and signed Cutler, I would have been doing a lot of fishing in the fall.  

Right now I'm looking at it as a test season for Petty and Hack.  Time for both of them to either shyt or git.  Even if the Jets have a losing season, they should, will still be exciting to see what the kids can do.

If they are both and epic fail, at least 2, possibilty of  3 good QB's to pick from in next years draft.  Won't have to have the top pick in the draft to get a potential  QB

Archived