Never felt so disinterested in an upcoming season

thadude

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Mike135 said:

One horrible year and the QB draught is over.

And since we know it's gonna be horrible, it's really not that bad.  Have fun with Fantasy and watch Jet games to see the young guys develop.

Then this time next year we all can be psyched because we'll finally have a QB coming.

This guy gets. It's a shame many Jets fans are clueless and want Macc to sign a bunch of old vets to help this team go 8-8  just so they can have something to watch on Sunday. 

Brady and the Pats are still great so why kill ourselves fighting for a slim chance at  wild card spot? Take the year to develop the kids and hope one of the young QBs emerge or we draft Darnold/Rosen at the top of the 2018 draft. 

The Mets were awful for years. Fans complained. The media complained. Now they have a great rotation and will be a contender for many years. The Yankees finally decided to stop spending on old Free Agents. Now the Yankees Future looks great with a bunch of young kids ready to contribute. The Jets are doing the same thing. 

The absolute worst case scenario is that there is no franchise QB in next years draft and we end up with a franchise LT or franchise edge rusher. Not a terrible consolation prize. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

@Integrity28 On the wings I often prefer unusual sauces (as opposed to simple "Hot" sauce).

I'll bet you do... amiright??? Anyone??? Anyone??? COME ON HE SAID UNUSUAL SAUCES!!!!!

Compounding the problem that we have little to look forward to is the fact that Bowells is boring and predictable, which seems to translate to the offense. So we don't even have the interesting aspect of innovative football to surprise us. At least when we were supposed to stink in Mangini's first year, we had razzle dazzle Brad Smith plays to make things interesting. This Bowells guy is dull, and so is the team.

14 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

So if I hear you correctly, the manager is tanking so he can get out of being the GM of the Jets? Interesting maneuver! I wonder why he just wouldn't walk away at the end of the season? Maybe he's already working for Belichick!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just curious, but what's his other options does he have?  He already tried to make the playoffs with the players left over from the Idzik days.  That blew up in his face last year.  If maybe Macc drafts a QB and the team wins a few games, I'm sure he's hopeful he can spin whatever situation into keeping his job.  But if they don't make the playoffs next year, someone's head will roll.  Macc will just try to make sure it's not his.  And the franchise is already screwing up so bad I don't think Belicheck is too concerned.

Don't worry we have X Factor! - Todd Bowles, this guy can't Coach his way out if a paper bag.

He alone will ensure we lose at least 2 close games. Looking for his trade mark punt on 4th and 1 on oppositions 40 yard line. While losing by 3, with 4 mins to play.

19 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Imagine if Hackenberg gets to play and looks like he could be a NFL QB? 

I'm not sure I can... but that would be kind of amazing. 

Imagine if we're bad enough to draft Darnold but he's a bust while Hackenberg becomes a star elsewhere (just for that extra kick in the teeth - probably Miami or Buffalo).  THAT would be Jet-like.

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Don't worry we have X Factor! - Todd Bowles, this guy can't Coach his way out if a paper bag.

He alone will ensure we lose at least 2 close games. Looking for his trade mark punt on 4th and 1 on oppositions 40 yard line. While losing by 3, with 4 mins to play.

I thought Woody was pro-life

so why did he hire an abortion to be the jets coach

On March 21, 2017 at 4:15 AM, munchmemory said:

Slogan for 2018 season: "Goin' Full Cluster Fu*k".  Unlike our team, it's got a nice ring to it.

This thread is a rerun of the 2014 offseason when everyone "accepted" the impending rebuild.

Planes, banners, and billboards later ... here we go again.

This team is headed for the eye of the storm. Prepare yourself for absolute darkness.

I guess what really sucks is that even if the Jets took a QB this or next year you are looking at 2020 or 2021 before they are any good.

Rebuilds don't happen overnight. This is going to be a long and painful process. We are going to find out who the true fans are.

3 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

gettyimages-602408512.jpg?quality=85&str

Not even true. The year we traded for him Marshall was on some talk show during training camp and he was singing Cutlers praises saying he could be the best qb in the league. Brandon Marshall is the best example of a used car salesman in an athletics role.

I'm incredibly interested in this upcoming season... I can't wait to see the young guys compete and see what the future holds. I'll enjoy watching guys fight for their shot, instead of a bunch of veteran guys just give up.

This season has 0 expectations for me other than seeing what guys have to offer. I'm going to have fun watching for break out performances and guys who make a name for themselves... I can do all that without having to worry so much about the W/L record, because we know that won't be good.

Bring on the draft!

On 3/22/2017 at 2:40 PM, DMan77 said:

I'm incredibly interested in this upcoming season... I can't wait to see the young guys compete and see what the future holds. I'll enjoy watching guys fight for their shot, instead of a bunch of veteran guys just give up.

This season has 0 expectations for me other than seeing what guys have to offer. I'm going to have fun watching for break out performances and guys who make a name for themselves... I can do all that without having to worry so much about the W/L record, because we know that won't be good.

Bring on the draft!

i cant wait for jet football to come back...draft, OTA, training camp, PS, then games...i too like it when there is 0 expectations and a ton of unknown.  I also like the underdog.

if you want some sort of "dream team" go watch globe trotters they always win or make your own team on madden (if they let u do that) point is maybe real football not for those who dont want to watch or hate this team so much...why are you here?  pick another team.  if you PSL and this way - sucks to be you.

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i cant wait for jet football to come back...draft, OTA, training camp, PS, then games...i too like it when there is 0 expectations and a ton of unknown.  I also like the underdog.

if you want some sort of "dream team" go watch globe trotters they always win or make your own team on madden (if they let u do that) point is maybe real football not for those who dont want to watch or hate this team so much...why are you here?  pick another team.  if you PSL and this way - sucks to be you.

So much fun rooting for an embarrassing team

if you nancies want some kinda "team that does smart things" and "doesnt constantly embarrass itself" and "isnt a total joke" maybe go watch Any Given Sunday and leave real football to those of us who "think Christian Hackenberg was good" and "dont mind drafting leadfooted pass rushers" and "earnestly believe Josh McCown won't start any games this season"

Archived