Geno, McCown or Daniels?

varjet

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Surprised to still see you here tbqh.  

Thought I opened up an account on a Bears forum? lol. 

If you're looking for me to defend Macc, you're looking in the wrong place.  I've disagreed with him at almost every decision point at QB, with retaining Geno when he first arrived, with drafting Hackenberg when/where he did, with allowing the Fitz resigning situation to linger far too long in 2016, and now with signing McCown.  His track record at QB is weak thus far. 

Which is why the "his actions speak alot about Geno Smith" is pretty foolish. The man's track record has indeed been weak. I dont look at weak actions and consider such actions an indictment on someone given that the actions have reaped nothing but bad contracts, 4 QB's on the 53, two drafted QB's under this regime that needs mentoring by JAG's, a 2nd round pick that could barely see preseason action let alone live action, a 4th round pick with 2 years of development and the only thing we know "at best" about him is that he's injury prone. I will grant the obvious fact that our Oline were like satan's little helpers given that every QB that started for the Jets ended up on the injury list with two of them being put on IR. But maybe if Macc drafts Cody Whitehair in the 2nd round last year to bolster up the Oline instead of drafting a QB who's main issue was being destroyed in college for a lack of an Oline, maybe we wouldnt have this problem of a 2nd round pick not being able to see the field because our Oline has lead to every starter being injured. Once again, the weak track record of Macc. 

His actions must be impactful in a positive way in order for me to conclude that his actions spoke alot about a player when it was that player he mismanaged and everyone he's brought in since being the GM either cant get on the field, had the worst QB season in Jets history and just signed a QB who as a 17 year veteran has 18 total wins as a Starter. In comparison, Geno Smith has been in the league for 4 seasons and has 12 wins. Macc's decision to do that direction only makes me look back at his prior actions along with McCown's history and it tells me that Macc is making actions that speaks alot about his poor management of this team. And that's just the QB situation. Let me not get into how he continues this ridiculous practice of drafting defense in the 1st round, but even when he does he decides to draft where we have our strength (Dline) for Big Cat while leaving a guy like Vic Beasley on the board when our #1 need on defense was a damn pass rusher. He's continued the practice of not investing quality draft picks to the offensive side of the ball, and when he does he over reaches and drafts a project that needs major development as well as a solid oline yet our HC (in respects to QB developmen) is a defensive minded coach and we have not just one of the worst Oline's in the league, but an aging one at that. 

This is what Macc's actions have been saying to people who dont have this "thing" with Geno Smith. 

But you're wrong, their abandonment of Geno does in fact say alot about what they (Macc and Co) think of him, and it's not much.  How much value you place in that is up to you, but no one in the NFL saw as much Geno as Macc and Bowles, and they couldn't let him go fast enough.  We'll see if Geno can prove them wrong.

They mismanaged Geno and allowed him to leave this team that they had two years worth of opportunity to evaluate. They instead gave that time to Ryan Fitzpatrick, which we both know was a mistake. Also, The are people in the NFL that saw more of Geno than Macc and Bowles given that Macc and Bowles didnt draft Geno Smith. Rex Ryan actually saw the most of Geno given that Geno actually played two seasons under him. 

Also with this "They couldnt let Geno go fast enough". Well, which one is it, did Macc retain Geno until he completed his contract or did they actually get rid of him as fast as they could? Because if my understanding is correct, if they "couldnt have gotten rid of him fast enough" I can certainly think of a faster way if that was really their position (which it wasnt). They could have cut him the moment they traded for Fitz in 2015. They didnt do that. They could have cut Geno in 2016 after giving Fitz that silly contract. They didnt. They could cut him in 2016 after Bryce Petty showed some promise during the preseason and fans were saying how "Bryce is better than Geno"...they didnt. 

They mismanaged Geno Smith, they didnt get rid of him. The fact that he's no longer a Jet only because of his expiring rookie contract proves that. They had two years worth of opportunities to cut him yet didnt. Seems like that's more of your "version" of things. 

As for Fitz, I don't think he'll get another job, and I don't care if he does.  Unlike yourself and your fellow Genophiles, I can very much accept that my preferred player in that A/B option failed us, and that I'm glad we've moved on.  The back patting by Geno guys who think they were "right" because of him getting a 2 mil/year reclamation opportunity #3 job is....funny, to say the least.  

The only Genophile is yourself. Must I really cut and paste the week worth of "Geno rants" from you? You're his biggest fan. 

So, out of curiosity, how many weekly "Glennon..." threads are you planning on spamming us all with this preseason?  

Preseason???? lol. Well, he's a starter now so hopefully I can put up some threads showing some things about his game out in Chicago throughout the entire season. But by all means, dont open the thread(s) if you're not interested. ;)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Thought I opened up an account on a Bears forum? lol. 

Which is why the "his actions speak alot about Geno Smith" is pretty foolish. The man's track record has indeed been weak. I dont look at weak actions and consider such actions an indictment on someone given that the actions have reaped nothing but bad contracts, 4 QB's on the 53, two drafted QB's under this regime that needs mentoring by JAG's, a 2nd round pick that could barely see preseason action let alone live action, a 4th round pick with 2 years of development and the only thing we know "at best" about him is that he's injury prone. I will grant the obvious fact that our Oline were like satan's little helpers given that every QB that started for the Jets ended up on the injury list with two of them being put on IR. But maybe if Macc drafts Cody Whitehair in the 2nd round last year to bolster up the Oline instead of drafting a QB who's main issue was being destroyed in college for a lack of an Oline, maybe we wouldnt have this problem of a 2nd round pick not being able to see the field because our Oline has lead to every starter being injured. Once again, the weak track record of Macc. 

His actions must be impactful in a positive way in order for me to conclude that his actions spoke alot about a player when it was that player he mismanaged and everyone he's brought in since being the GM either cant get on the field, had the worst QB season in Jets history and just signed a QB who as a 17 year veteran has 18 total wins as a Starter. In comparison, Geno Smith has been in the league for 4 seasons and has 12 wins. Macc's decision to do that direction only makes me look back at his prior actions along with McCown's history and it tells me that Macc is making actions that speaks alot about his poor management of this team. And that's just the QB situation. Let me not get into how he continues this ridiculous practice of drafting defense in the 1st round, but even when he does he decides to draft where we have our strength (Dline) for Big Cat while leaving a guy like Vic Beasley on the board when our #1 need on defense was a damn pass rusher. He's continued the practice of not investing quality draft picks to the offensive side of the ball, and when he does he over reaches and drafts a project that needs major development as well as a solid oline yet our HC (in respects to QB developmen) is a defensive minded coach and we have not just one of the worst Oline's in the league, but an aging one at that. 

This is what Macc's actions have been saying to people who dont have this "thing" with Geno Smith. 

They mismanaged Geno and allowed him to leave this team that they had two years worth of opportunity to evaluate. They instead gave that time to Ryan Fitzpatrick, which we both know was a mistake. Also, The are people in the NFL that saw more of Geno than Macc and Bowles given that Macc and Bowles didnt draft Geno Smith. Rex Ryan actually saw the most of Geno given that Geno actually played two seasons under him. 

Also with this "They couldnt let Geno go fast enough". Well, which one is it, did Macc retain Geno until he completed his contract or did they actually get rid of him as fast as they could? Because if my understanding is correct, if they "couldnt have gotten rid of him fast enough" I can certainly think of a faster way if that was really their position (which it wasnt). They could have cut him the moment they traded for Fitz in 2015. They didnt do that. They could have cut Geno in 2016 after giving Fitz that silly contract. They didnt. They could cut him in 2016 after Bryce Petty showed some promise during the preseason and fans were saying how "Bryce is better than Geno"...they didnt. 

They mismanaged Geno Smith, they didnt get rid of him. The fact that he's no longer a Jet only because of his expiring rookie contract proves that. They had two years worth of opportunities to cut him yet didnt. Seems like that's more of your "version" of things. 

The only Genophile is yourself. Must I really cut and paste the week worth of "Geno rants" from you? You're his biggest fan. 

Preseason???? lol. Well, he's a starter now so hopefully I can put up some threads showing some things about his game out in Chicago throughout the entire season. But by all means, dont open the thread(s) if you're not interested. ;)

Cool story bro.  

I do feel for you, the amount of butthurt you're experiencing right now with Glennon ensconced in Chicago and Geno's tenure here now permanently a failure with him gone must really be tough for you.

But while I have empathy for your personal suffering, it would be unwise for our community to aide and abet your obsessive compulsive disorder.  In that vein, I have every intention of reporting every single Glennon-based thread you start to our moderation team, because this is Jets Nation, not Bears/Glennon Nation.  If you truly cannot stop, cannot help yourself, then the moderators should ensure you take it to a Bears forum if you are unable to control your compulsions.

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cool story bro.  

I do feel for you, the amount of butthurt you're experiencing right now with Glennon ensconced in Chicago and Geno's tenure here now permanently a failure with him gone must really be tough for you.

But while I have empathy for your personal suffering, it would be unwise for our community to aide and abet your obsessive compulsive disorder.  In that vein, I have every intention of reporting every single Glennon-based thread you start to our moderation team, because this is Jets Nation, not Bears/Glennon Nation.  If you truly cannot stop, cannot help yourself, then the moderators should ensure you take it to a Bears forum if you are unable to control your compulsions.

lol. This poor attempt at deflecting this into a Mike Glennon thing confirms that the final leg on that chair you've been standing on just broke. 

Typical Warfish. 

200.gif

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol. This poor attempt at deflecting this into a Mike Glennon thing confirms that the final leg on that chair you've been standing on just broke. 

Typical Warfish. 

200.gif

There is no need to deflect for those of us who are not insane.

Mike Glennon is a Bear.  Go to a Bears forum if you want to talk about him.

Geno Smith is a Giant, and a #2 (if they keep him).  If you really must talk about him, I hear the Giants have some good forums out there.

And Fitz is a failure, and long gone, and no one here still supports him or wants him back like you do/did Geno.  So arguing about last years debate vs. yourself against arguments no one is making is as close to mental masturbation as is possible.

This is the Jets, lets at least make an effort to talk here at JN about the Jets and OUR QB's in 2017, eh?

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is no need to deflect for those of us who are not insane.

"Maccagnan's decision surely lets us know what he thinks of Geno Smith. He got rid of him as quickly as he could...couldnt do it fast enough".  lol. 

Mike Glennon is a Bear.  Go to a Bears forum if you want to talk about him.

This is irrelevant...and part of your deflection. 

Geno Smith is a Giant, and a #2 (if they keep him).  If you really must talk about him, I hear the Giants have some good forums out there.

That's funny because this is your first quote in this thread below. lol. 

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

It should tell you everything you need to know about Geno Smith and how the Organization feels about him, that they gave Josh McCown 6 Million rather than pay Geno Smith 2 Million.

As to your question, I would vote a strong "NO" on any of them, Geno, Josh McCown or Chase Daniels.  

And Fitz is a failure, and long gone, and no one here still supports him or wants him back like you do/did Geno.  So arguing about last years debate vs. yourself against arguments no one is making is as close to mental masturbation as is possible.

This is the Jets, lets at least make an effort to talk here at JN about the Jets and OUR QB's in 2017, eh?

Funny....we're talking right now about it. Oh, I get it. Your boy failed so that means that Macc "sure showed Geno". But proving that Macc's decision was a terrible one means that we shouldnt bring up old sh*t because you'd just be talking to yourself.  

Lol. 

You're fully cooked. moving on. 

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

How about you just leave since, you know, you've been in full blown b*tch t*t lactation since Glennon became a Bear.  You went as far as saying that you'll watch more of them than the Jets.  Who actually says that as a fan of a specific team?

Quite frankly, I've seen you fawn over 2 QBs since coming here.  Bercovici.  Glennon.  You constantly told us how good they were, they have all the tools, have "it", and low and behold, they both suck horse d*ck.  I'm not even sure Bercovici is in the league right now.

I'll make a really long story short.  You, of all people, asking anyone to shut down a forum because you don't like the opinions others have about a QB in any way shape or form is absolutely hysterical, even if it was "a joke".  6 million dollars for a backup to mentor the young kids (yeah, believe it or not, that is a actual thing football teams do) is absolutely nothing.  The only reason you're complaining about this is because we didn't give that long necked scrub in Chicago double that to help you reach your circlejerk climax over him. 

If you hate this place so much at times then leave.  No one will care.  Every thread with you (and ThaDude) usually ends up turning into a Glennon conversation since he signed somewhere else.  It's either that or now you b*tch and complain about every tiny miniscule thing the FO does because it's clear you haven't gotten over the fact that we didn't sign him and you need to lash out in some way. Every. Single. Time.  It's absolutely obnoxious.

Wah!

19 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm still trying to decide if these JAG retread signings like McCown and Fitz are all on Macc or if Bowles is forcing it.  Last year they caved to veteran pressure. This year there literally ARE NO VETERANS (unless you consider Decker coming back from major surgery). Total lack of b@lls. If you believe in the 2 QB's you drafted show some b@lls and play them.  If you don't, show some b@lls and cut them and draft another guy.  

They have a better chance of seeing billboards and airplanes putting McCown out there to suck every week vs. Hack or Petty or Watson/Trubisky/Mahomes...

This x 1000000

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Soooooo you want our first 1st round QB since Sanchez to be another sh*tty prospect (one that was worse than Mark was, coming out of college), yet believe this.

Say what?  Watson is the real deal.  We just don't draft offense in the 1st rd anymore.  You have to have balance.

23 hours ago, rangerous said:

the players are out for the money.  at some point the contract dollar amount becomes irrelevant and is replaced with the guaranteed amount.  i know you know this.  if i'm not mistaken, the patsie deal was longer and may have had more guaranteed money.  so let him go because he's just another over rated patsie player who will be a jag a couple seasons away from the bellichicken.

Really dude? 

Your an NFL free agent and you have the choice to play for the Jets or NE.what would you choose.

4 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Say what?  Watson is the real deal.  We just don't draft offense in the 1st rd anymore.  You have to have balance.

Watson is a guy who, in any other QB class, would be a top 2nd to late 2nd draft pick.  That isn't a guy I want us to take 6th overall.  Especially with next years class being so strong.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Really dude? 

Your an NFL free agent and you have the choice to play for the Jets or NE.what would you choose.

don't kid yourself.  it's all about the money and you know that in the nfl it's all about the guaranteed money.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No kidding LOL supposedly the Jets offered him more money than NE did. 

if i'm not mistaken, the jets offered two years at 22 million. so while the jets offered more guaranteed it wasn't enough to offset the contract length.  oh i know you'll say but you just said hightower's guarantee was higher with the patsies.  well yes and know.  the guarantee was higher but not by much and the contract was shorter.  plus then he probably got more money up front.  so overall the deals were similar and hightower hightailed it back to foxboro.  and don't forget the tax rates are different between new jersey and massachusetts.  that does count for something.

Dont'a Hightower signed a 4 year, $35,500,000 contract with the New England Patriots, including a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $19,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,875,000. In 2017, Hightower will earn a base salary of $1,250,000, a signing bonus of $10,000,000, a roster bonus of $710,931 and a incentive bonus of $500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,960,931 and a dead cap value of $17,000,000.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

if i'm not mistaken, the jets offered two years at 22 million. so while the jets offered more guaranteed it wasn't enough to offset the contract length.  oh i know you'll say but you just said hightower's guarantee was higher with the patsies.  well yes and know.  the guarantee was higher but not by much and the contract was shorter.  plus then he probably got more money up front.  so overall the deals were similar and hightower hightailed it back to foxboro.  and don't forget the tax rates are different between new jersey and massachusetts.  that does count for something.

Dont'a Hightower signed a 4 year, $35,500,000 contract with the New England Patriots, including a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $19,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,875,000. In 2017, Hightower will earn a base salary of $1,250,000, a signing bonus of $10,000,000, a roster bonus of $710,931 and a incentive bonus of $500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,960,931 and a dead cap value of $17,000,000.

Bottom line end of the day smoke clears the Jets tried but he decided to sign with NE. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bottom line end of the day smoke clears the Jets tried but he decided to sign with NE. 

Wouldn't you have if you were him?

Almost assuredly he was only using the Jets to drive up his price from N.E. (as much as was possible, given how N.E. runs their Org.)

No harm checking him out.  

Just now, Warfish said:

Wouldn't you have if you were him?

Almost assuredly he was only using the Jets to drive up his price from N.E. (as much as was possible, given how N.E. runs their Org.)

No harm checking him out.  

Absolutely the choice between the Jets and NE is no brainer even if it came down to money. 

Archived