Benjamin Allbright claims word is Jets likely to draft a first round QB

Jetsbb

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Jets draft Watson or Trubisky @#6, I'll be the FIRST to eat crow and admit I was DEAD wrong. I just don't see it happening unless it's an owner mandate. Just seems like a tool of a "sports writer" who was tired of playing with himself at midnight decides to tweet at 12:10 am on a Wednesday something that a few local articles have already covered & it's just regurgitating the SAME "Jets like Trubisky" headline that is NOT earth shattering and about as credible as one of ol' Joe WIlly 12's tall tales about his neighbor with the magic free Jets tickets. That was a run-on sentence. 

I'd flip on Maccagnan like a flip of a switch if we reached on this QB class.  Trubisky is the only 1st round talent I'm really curious on, and even then it reeks of Sanchez 2.0. 

Boi, this better be a fuccin' smokescreen.  Wait.  Until.  Next.  Year.

Benjamin Albright is also a giant arrogant cuck/toolbag who is never right and gets into pissing matches with people who call him out all the time for it so I think it's safe to say that he's wrong on this.

51 minutes ago, AFJF said:

"Word is" = I think this is possible for the Jets, as is any other player in the board when they pick.

This FO leaks nothing.

Spot on, the media hate Macc, it's not like when Rex was in charge. When they knew a week before what he was going to do.

If they love Trubisky then you go for it. But from the off season moves...it looks more like Mac is tanking and gearing up for the 2018 QB sweepstakes.

Also, if reports of Mac/Bowles been given the greenlight from Woody to do a proper rebuild, I don't see Mac rushing to draft a QB this year.

This year Mac could evaluate Hack, who could be so bad he leads us to Darnold/Allen/Rosen/Rudolph...or could be such a surprise that he looks like a genius.

6 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

For whatever it's worth (probably not much) Francesa is convinced Trubisky will not be there at 6.  He said it's also possible 2 QBs will be off the board by pick 6 (though I think he said Kizer from Notre Dame)

It makes sense in the fact that it is the only way mac and bowles can keep there jobs.  This is a max 3 win team.  So these bozos are gone at the end of the year.

The only way they can spin this positively is if the qb they draft plays solid and shows lots of promise.  Then they can pitch to woody that they have the guy and to be patient and keep them around as they started this.

Yea they may feel if the nab a qb this year it does not matter how bad things go as long as he shows promise and helps keep their jobs....Then when 2018 rolls around he is a the starter with some game experience instead of struggling through 2018 again with a rookie qb. That would likely get them fired for sure.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

If everyone reads the gigantic signs that this offseason has provided then you realize that Mac and Todd are not on the hot seat this year and Woody is allowing for a retooling of the team. If there was a mandate that they had to win a certain amount of games they would have been all over Cutler, and more intensely involved in getting Glennon. You would see us bringing in AP and Jamaal Charles. Overpaying for Bouye and some no name TE all in the process mortgaging future years to find short term success. 

With this we have not created an environment for bringing in a high first round qb pick to have any success in. Average O-line, no TE, decent at rb, and decent at wr until Decker is healthy. Nothing points to us drafting a qb at #6, in fact everything points to us drafting BPA in every round and seeing if Hack has developed behind the scenes.

If we draft a QB at #6, I will lose the remaining hope that I have that our front office has some sort of plan.  We have drafted QB's the last two years and still don't know anything about them, so why would you draft a third guy out of a weak QB draft when you have so many other needs?  The answer is that you don't, unless you are lost.  

The only QB we don't now about is Hack.. Petty is not s franchise guy nor a starting QB in this league ..

I don't get why around here it takes so long for people to see the obvious in players .  4 years in people still talking bout we haven't seen Geno Potential .. 

All the Young Good Qbs in recent terms have shown promise of high level play from day 1.. 

If everyone reads the gigantic signs that this offseason has provided then you realize that Mac and Todd are not on the hot seat this year and Woody is allowing for a retooling of the team. If there was a mandate that they had to win a certain amount of games they would have been all over Cutler, and more intensely involved in getting Glennon. You would see us bringing in AP and Jamaal Charles. Overpaying for Bouye and some no name TE all in the process mortgaging future years to find short term success. 
With this we have not created an environment for bringing in a high first round qb pick to have any success in. Average O-line, no TE, decent at rb, and decent at wr until Decker is healthy. Nothing points to us drafting a qb at #6, in fact everything points to us drafting BPA in every round and seeing if Hack has developed behind the scenes.

Exactly.

The organization is all in to " suck for Sam ." I am completely on board

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I know a lot of people disagree , but if Watson is there at 6 I'm taking him .

I surely wouldn't wine about if it happens .. tbh jets could anywhere but DL with that pick an I'm fine with it .. 

jets have done Extensive Scouting on Watson and Trubisky clearly there's some kinda interest there .. 

Archived