Kiper Mock 3.0

prime21

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What about Jabril Peppers if we are going Safety? 

I'd rather get a guy who can cover well and make a play on the ball.  Peppers is another Myles Jack type. Pardon the stupid pun, but the "jack of all trades, master of none" type.  He's going to probably end up being another hybrid backer like the Cardinals have made popular.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lil Woody said:

I'd rather get a guy who can cover well and make a play on the ball.  Peppers is another Myles Jack type. Pardon the stupid pun, but the "jack of all trades, master of none" type.  He's going to probably end up being another hybrid backer like the Cardinals have made popular.

Isn't Todd Bowles from the Cardinals why couldn't he do that with Peppers if we were to draft him. 

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Our history for taking tight ends early is abysmal. Just cant see it turning out good. Sorta same reason I know longer sit on folding chairs. 

Our history drafting Qb's is even worse.  Guess that stops us from taking Darnold if we have the #1 pick next year

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Isn't Todd Bowles from the Cardinals why couldn't he do that with Peppers if we were to draft him. 

Because it's become obvious Bowles had nothing to do with Arizona having a good defense while he was there

I don't think any of these safeties are worth a top 6 pick btw.  Adams is succeptible to certain moves in coverage like the post double-fake, he has trouble shedding blocks.

OJ Howard blocked the sh-t out of Adams one on one btw

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Howard and Williams, IMO, are going to be dominating stars in this league.  I hate Kiper but I could live with this pick.  Solves a need and it might honestly be BPA.

I'd be fine with Williams too but Howard fills a bigger need

It's been forever since we had a really good right end

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Last QB we took in the first brought us to back to back AFC championship games. 

Where is he now?

We should not be prevented from drafting howard because a completely different regime 25 years ago drafted Kyle Brady

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Where is he now?

We should not be prevented from drafting howard because a completely different regime 25 years ago drafted Kyle Brady

For that matter where is Namath now? What the hell does that have to do with anything?  We have never ever hit on a TE. EVER!!!  I guess Dustin Keller was kinda sorta ok. Jace amaro? Remember him. No TE at 6.

I am torn on the pick. On one hand i LOVE OJ Howard as a prospect. I think he can walk right into this league and be a top TE. He can catch, run and block. Not a one dimensional player. 

However, i dont know if he is worth 6. If we can move down and still get him and get extra picks i would feel a bit better. But if they take him at 6 i will sleep ok that night.

Howard and Adams are my preferences at 6 right now. I like Hooker as well but i am concerned with his hip. 

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

For that matter where is Namath now? What the hell does that have to do with anything?  We have never ever hit on a TE. EVER!!!  I guess Dustin Keller was kinda sorta ok. Jace amaro? Remember him. No TE at 6.

It really doesn't help that Howard didn't do much as a pass catcher in college. 

Take the value on an Engram or Hodges or someone else later than blow 6 on a TE. What just a mediocre, SOJ kind of move that would be. One of the many, many ways they can blow that first pick, and they will blow it. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

It really doesn't help that Howard didn't do much as a pass catcher in college. 

Take the value on an Engram or Hodges or someone else later than blow 6 on a TE. What just a mediocre, SOJ kind of move that would be. One of the many, many ways they can blow that first pick, and they will blow it. 

Pretty much as far as Im concerned. Yet not a big college football of draft guy. Some people say he is the most complete player in the draft. NO IDEA.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

he played at bama ?  never noticed him tbh

He only had 4 catches,  106 yards and a TD in the championship game with a QB that only passed for like 140 yards. 

He did pretty good in the title game the year before. He was underutilized thanks to awful QB play. 

7 hours ago, JiF said:

While drafting a TE at #6 is not ideal, OJ Howard might be the safest bet in this draft.  He's a ridiculous talent and I honestly be pretty excited to watch this guys career.  The more and more it looks like they're not going QB at #6, I'm find myself going back and forth between Howard and Williams. 

I'm completely sold on Howard.  He is going to make our young receivers progression so much smoother and I feel like he'll speed up their development.  With him going up the seams it'll leave 1 on 1 coverage for Enunwa and Anderson to exploit and it'll especially give the slot receiver tons of space in the middle to work with.  He also gives whoever wins the QB job a security blanket which is a godsend.  I like the potential of having either Petty/Hackenberg grow and progress with Howard for the next decade and hopefully form a nice 1-2 tandem.

If they decide to continue upgrading and shaping this offense they can draft a kid like Joe Mixon in the 2nd round.  He would've easily have been a first rounder and he's a tremendous back who does it all and all of a sudden this offense is forming before our eyes.  With those two picks we'd have speed literally all of the field on offense with guys like Anderson, D. Smith, Peake, Howard, Mixon and even Enunwa who I think ran in the 4.4's.  

I pray they go offense in the first two rounds.  Plenty of quality safeties and corners can be had with our two 3rd picks.

10 hours ago, prime21 said:

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

6. New York Jets

O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama | Watch highlights

If the Jets are really going with Josh McCown, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg at quarterback, they're going to need someone to catch passes to try to score some points. At 6-6, 251 pounds, Howard is my top-ranked pass-catcher, even though he wasn't prolific for the Crimson Tide, with just seven touchdowns in his career. He has all of the athletic attributes of a top-tier player, though, and he was one of the most impressive prospects at the combine. There is precedence for a tight end going this high, too -- Vernon Davis (49ers in 2006) and Kellen Winslow Jr. (Browns in 2004) both went No. 6 overall.

I LOVE IT!...Maybe then trade back into the first round and grab Dalvin Cook!

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Because it's become obvious Bowles had nothing to do with Arizona having a good defense while he was there

I don't think any of these safeties are worth a top 6 pick btw.  Adams is succeptible to certain moves in coverage like the post double-fake, he has trouble shedding blocks.

OJ Howard blocked the sh-t out of Adams one on one btw

Its quite obvious Todd Bowles had nothing to do with any of the success in Arizona. 

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Hooker is no guarantee to be any better than Howard, in fact there are more question marks for him.  RB can be had later in the draft at ample talent level.  Fournette may be good but the hype is way overblown.  You can find comparable talent lower.  Howard is heads and shoulders above the others in his class.  ANd don't foget Mike Williams might be there as well.

I 100% agree.  While I love Fournette the more and more I watch of him the more he reminds me of Legarette Blount.  The college highlights are scarily similar.  Enough to make me head in a whole different direction now.  With Howard you'll have him for 7-10 years and he'll fill a position that can be vital for a young QB to have.  

1 hour ago, ATX Jetsfan said:

Alabama doesn't really utilize the TE under Saban. He has admitted this mistake w/ Howard 

That's so strange, he had him for 4 years and never figured out what to do with him.  I watched the video and he looks good, just have to admit that I'm skeptical of a player who doesn't do much in college becoming a stud in the NFL.

4 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I LOVE IT!...Maybe then trade back into the first round and grab Dalvin Cook!

Earlier in the draft process, I said to take Cook at 6 and trade back up in first to get Howard.

Now with Cook falling and Howard rising, the exact opposite would work just as nice

The only concern with Howard is production IMO, and he obviously shone on the biggest stages in college when he got opportunities. I don't mind betting on elite physical attributes and a combination of solid receiving and blocking skills at six. His polished blocking and physical attributes make him a high floor, high ceiling prospect. Could do a lot worse.

Also the depth of this tight end class shouldn't preclude the Jets from drafting Howard. I wish they'd run more two TE sets, the offense has no identity right now, there is no depth at TE on the roster, and this TE class is sick. Doesn't necessarily have to be Howard and someone else, but I'd love to see them come out of this draft with two tight ends.

53 minutes ago, adb280z said:

That's so strange, he had him for 4 years and never figured out what to do with him.  I watched the video and he looks good, just have to admit that I'm skeptical of a player who doesn't do much in college becoming a stud in the NFL.

If you watched the video you wouldn't say he looked good, you would completely understand why he didn't put up big numbers. 

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If you watched the video you wouldn't say he looked good, you would completely understand why he didn't put up big numbers. 

Just odd that the best coach in college football couldn't seem to use a stud player.  Doesn't happen too often.

If OJ Howard is the BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKER available at #6 b/c the HOF safeties, Garrett, Allen, and Fourette are gone, then so BE IT. We Need to build an ARSENAL of offensive weapons to assist WHOEVER the Jets QB is, and if Howard will be MORE EFFECTIVE than Mike Williams or Corey Davis, then TE it is in the Top 10 for the 2017 JETS!!!!

8 hours ago, adb280z said:

Just odd that the best coach in college football couldn't seem to use a stud player.  Doesn't happen too often.

Well Alabama has gone through a couple of offensive metamorphoses since he has been there. And they have never really been a throwing offense

14 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He only had 4 catches,  106 yards and a TD in the championship game with a QB that only passed for like 140 yards. 

He did pretty good in the title game the year before. He was underutilized thanks to awful QB play. 

Well good thing we have none of that.  

I would take Howard over any safety or rb at the board at 6. The only offensive playmakers I would consider taking over him is Williams or Davis but since we have zero talent at the TE position and we have some promising prospects at wr it makes the most sense to get the best TE in the draft. Kid can catch, run routes and block. He is probably the safest pick at 6 and should produce immediately on the team.

Archived