Jets' Todd Bowles attends Ohio State pro day, looking for DBs

Gas2No99

19 hours ago, tfine said:

Here we go. Just because we drafted a bust CB and safety in the first round means we can't ever draft a CB high ever again.

Jets fans.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Drafting a safety at 6 with concerns makes sense.

Drafting and injury prone corner with a top 10 pick means 4 years later you may not want to draft an injury prone corner in the top 10.

50 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If the QBs fall to 6, he should have a bunch of calls.

Same is true of fournette drops to 6.  Some team will buy in on all the hype and draft a RB early in round 1 again.  

On 3/23/2017 at 5:17 PM, C Mart said:

Kimberley A. Martin‏

Wasn't just Bowles + Macc at Ohio State's pro day. Was told practically "entire #Jets org" was in attendance (i.e., lots of scouts+coaches)

Also heard new OC John Morton was at Stanford's pro day ... And #Jets reps spent a lot of time w/ RB Donnel Pumphrey at San Diego St pro day

kind of makes you wonder if mccaffery is in the mix.  i can seem hime being a great rb/slot receiver.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:19 AM, C Mart said:

Andrew Groover‏ @APGroover  

So far at Michigan's pro day: Mike Tomlin, Todd Bowles, Kevin Colbert, Matt Patricia, Jim Caldwell and Jon Robinson all in attendance.

hmm....head coaches from pitt, ny jets, and detroit but assistants from the patsies and others.  i can see caldwell and even tomlin because they're pretty close.  where's kacy rogers?

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

kind of makes you wonder if mccaffery is in the mix.  i can seem hime being a great rb/slot receiver.

I'm not even trying to read through the tea leaves anymore..just throwing out what I find..It's all scouting, getting more eyes to look prospects at this point...

Whenever you hear ex-GMs talk about this time of the year they all say teams haven't even set their draft boards, yet.  And their boards are never final until a few days before the draft once all the background/medical checks come back...

I remember Bill Polian say a couple of years ago that he laughs at all these mock drafts (but everyone does them because their editors want them because they generate clicks/interest).

He said:

1) one or guys can't properly analyze 300+ players to formulate a mock.

2) all these media people doing mocks get about 50% max of the info teams get on the players (interviews, medicals, all the behind scenes tests, etc..)

3) teams boards are arranged by combination of best player as it pertains to that teams system, needs etc..

Archived