Report: Revis set to re-join Patriots

JetNation

IMG_0541-2.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

While the rest of the football world seems to believe that former New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has nothing left in the tank, Darryl Slater says CBS Sports feels that Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots don’t share the same view.

The original report from Jason La Canfora says that Revis is likely to sign with New England just weeks after being let go by the Jets.

Your thoughts on the possibility of Revis going back to New England?  Log in to  our forums right here to share.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
MzBWPAYTt5E

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will be the #2 or #3 there. Watch him be fully healthy from the wrist injury and in great shape and have a good season. I do not see one team standing up to the pats this year, too much talent across the board at every level on all sides of the ball.

9 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

He will be the #2 or #3 there. Watch him be fully healthy from the wrist injury and in great shape and have a good season. I do not see one team standing up to the pats this year, too much talent across the board at every level on all sides of the ball.

Raiders. 

I could be wrong, but I think there's a very good chance.

11 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

No he won't

1 minute ago, Big Blocker said:

Raiders. 

I could be wrong, but I think there's a very good chance.

Raiders are going to be a good team as long as Carr continues to progress. Unfortunately their division is way more competitive than the division the pats are in. KC, SD and Denver is a buzzsaw compared to the walk in the park the Pats face with our squishy division. I really hope a young team can pop up in the AFC that can challenge them all I know its not coming from our division so they are guaranteed a first round bye by default. 

If I'm the Jets, I file tampering charges against the Pats.

Lets look at how this played out:

-Revis plays fine, wins Super Bowl with Pats.

-Pats let him "leave" to the Jets for big money.

-Revis is massively lazy and unproductive

-Jets, still lowing Revis money, let Revis go.....where he rejoins the Pats, with the Jets paying his salary.

Conspiracy theory-mad tho it sounds, it sounds exactly like the kind of cheating Bellichek engages is.  

weird-al-foil-video-618.jpg

10 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

Raiders are going to be a good team as long as Carr continues to progress. Unfortunately their division is way more competitive than the division the pats are in. KC, SD and Denver is a buzzsaw compared to the walk in the park the Pats face with our squishy division. I really hope a young team can pop up in the AFC that can challenge them all I know its not coming from our division so they are guaranteed a first round bye by default. 

I certainly agree the AFC West is more competitive than the East.  But as long as Carr is healthy I see the Raiders as the clear class of the division, and I do think highly of the Chiefs.  Still, the Raiders are better.  Denver?  Hard to say at this point.  But unlikely to win the division.  Chargers are probably looking at fourth place.

Been trying to point out the level of this one man's douchbaggery for years now. And some fans just won't listen. They just can't or won't let it sink in. The hard facts abou this cocksucker jackass. 

Revis is tied with Santonio Holmes as my least favorite Jet of All Time. Should have been my all time favorite....and ends up my all time least favorite. *continues to sharpen blade by a cold fire

32 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is great news. 

Whatever $ he makes comes off of the guarenteed $6 mil we owe him. Even if we save a dollar on his no effort ass, I'll be happy.

He will sign for veteran minimum and Bill sticks it to us again while Revis wins ring #2

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

This is like Tebow all over again.  If Revis don't have it in the tank, BB will cut him in the preseason.  Of course BB is going to take a chance, why the hell not, its the Jets 6million dollars not the Pats.  Pats will sign him for vet minimum.

My guess is that it'll be vets minimum plus another 4-5 mil guaranteed for year 2, making it a one year deal for $5-6 mil. If I were MEvis, I wouldn't sign for vets minimum when I can get $6 mil sitting at home. No way. 

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

My guess is that it'll be vets minimum plus another 4-5 mil guaranteed for year 2, making it a one year deal for $5-6 mil. If I were MEvis, I wouldn't sign for vets minimum when I can get $6 mil sitting at home. No way. 

Agreed, just like the Pats did their 1st contract with him.  It will be a voidable year 2.  Revis would only do it to partially stick it to the Jets for giving up on him and also if his ego still matters he will have something to prove to the world.

1 hour ago, jdeacon said:

I really hope not. Their dynasty is directly related with Tom. Once he's gone, they might still be a good team, just not dynamic. So yeah, I hope no other AFC team becomes as good as the Pats, unless it's us (lol, with Bowles n Macc? Good luck!)

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well they still have Butler, so they would have to trade him. I dont see Revis as a nickel corner. so they would have to trade Butler to make it happen. And even if that happens, they are moving a step down

Will be interesting if they move him to Safety and he has a decent year. 

Archived