Report: Revis set to re-join Patriots

JetNation

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, rangerous said:

okay. so revis joons the patsies.  if he makes the team , even for vet minimum, it at least helps the jets a bit but whatever he gets from the patsies.  of course if he does play well people are going to be kicking mac for releasing this guy.  it's gonna be interesting.

I actually didn't realize the offset language in Revis contract.  If this is correct then if the Pats say pay him 2 million this year, I think its possible that the Jets then would only owe him 4 million.  If this is correct then the Pats signing him for any amount of money will help the Jets create more cap relief.  If this is true, I hope they do sign him and not for vet minimum.  It would be nice for the Pats to inadvertently help the Jets. :)

11 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

In my opinion him slithering back to the Pats precludes him from ever being put in the Jets Ring of Honor.....it's also no longer acceptable to wear his jersey at a home game.

Good riddance.

You know at first I didn't care but then I was listening to the radio yesterday and they brought up the super bowl ring fiasco.  Anyone remember this?  Revis couldn't attend the ring event and sent his mom to pick up his ring and she was denied at the door.  I can't understand how the hell he could go back there after they disrespected his mom like that.

7 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bottom line, nothing the Pats do at this point should concern anybody associated with the Jets. We are in two completely different situations right now. Jets are maybe 2-4 years away, so whatever the Pats do now have no effect on us

Will make me feel so much better when they go 15-1 next year while we go 3-13 and still miss out on Darnold

7 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bottom line, nothing the Pats do at this point should concern anybody associated with the Jets. We are in two completely different situations right now. Jets are maybe 2-4 years away, so whatever the Pats do now have no effect on us

Keep telling yourself that until we unseat them as the AFC East and AFC Champions everything they do matters.....

Archived