Just Saying Goodbye Properly - Geno Smith Is Worthless

SAR I

The McCown signing concurred with Geno's punting, so we didn't have a proper thread to kick his ass out the door.

I read this today, made me smile:

Geno Smith’s Giants Contract Shows How Much QB's Stock Has Plunged

NFL Players Association records show Smith’s base salary on his one-year contract at just $775,000. But more significantly, while Smith can earn up to $2 million on the deal, $800,000 of his potential earnings are tied up in playing incentives, per an ESPN report.

Still, having 50 percent of the contract tied up in a longshot incentive has to be tough to swallow for Smith. Nevertheless, the fact is it reflects his market value.

The stability and success of the Giants’ organization certainly influenced Smith’s decision to sign with Big Blue, as he explained in the team’s release on Monday. But it also seems he was grateful enough for the opportunity to accept a contract that looks too bare to be true.

SAR I

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

He's on another team in the NFL which is more that can be said for Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Why cant Jets fans just let it go. 

He's gone goodbye. 

For all last year Jets fans debated Fitz vs Geno when it actuality both of them stunk. 

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's on another team in the NFL which is more that can be said for Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Why cant Jets fans just let it go. 

He's gone goodbye. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick?  What does this have to do with Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Word just leaked that Geno Smith is making minimum wage, yet scores of Jets fans lobbied for him relentlessly.  It's worthy of discussion.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Word just leaked that Geno Smith is making minimum wage, yet scores of Jets fans lobbied for him relentlessly.  It's worthy of discussion.

SAR I

IMO... no, it's not.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The Giants might be giving him a chance to start his career over they aren't a foolish organization its risk vs reward. 

No one has even offered Ryan Fitzpatrick a job washing dirty jocks. 

Just saying. 

Just now, Dcat said:

IMO... no, it's not.

For 2 long and tiresome years we were forced to hear about the "greatness" of Geno Smith and how the Jets treated him so "unfairly" and that when the day came for him to be "properly judged" by the rest of the NFL he would sign a contract with a team willing to pay him what he's worth.

Well, that day has come.  And he's minimum wage.

SAR I

Just now, Kleckineau said:

We should all have Geno's "problem"

Who here wouldnt love to be paid 800K for watching pro football?

Sounds good on paper for 6 months work, but when you realize that in 2018 when he's out of the NFL that $800,000 ($480,000 after taxes) is going to have to last him 60 years. 

I feel bad for the guy.  Not only did he fall out of the first round, not only did he go 12-21, not only did he lose is starting job, but he read endless posts online about his "greatness" and how he was a "neglected talent".  He's got to be devastated right now.  He'll have to cancel his 2025 Ring Of Honor room reservations at the Meadowlands Hilton.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

For 2 long and tiresome years we were forced to hear about the "greatness" of Geno Smith and how the Jets treated him so "unfairly" and that when the day came for him to be "properly judged" by the rest of the NFL he would sign a contract with a team willing to pay him what he's worth.

SAR I

and Fitzpatrick and Sanchez are unemployed.  Therefore Geno , at this moment, is making out better than either of them for 2017.   You've been on a Geno bashing crusade while continually defending two equally bad QBs (with many of the same exact faults),  Sanchez/Fitzpatrick.  It defies all logic.  And it's no longer relevant.  I guess I just have to grow up a little and contain myself and not respond to your Geno/Sanchez/Fitzpatrick discussions.  It's really the only issue I've ever disagreed with you about, so we share more opinions than differ.  But man... this one is a huge divide.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Of course they do YOU bring Fitz into every thread, including this one

Ryan Fitzpatrick was worth $12,000,000 to an NFL team in New York while Geno Smith is only worth $775,000 to an NFL team in New York.

Sounds about right.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Of course they do YOU bring Fitz into every thread, including this one

The Fitzpatrick lovers ridicule Geno Smith I ridicule Ryan Fitzpatrick 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick was worth $12,000,000 to an NFL team in New York while Geno Smith is only worth $775,000 to an NFL team in New York.

Sounds about right.

SAR I

LOL comparing the Jets organization to the Giants organization LOL the Giants wouldnt be so foolish to waste $12 million on Ryan Fitzpatrick LOL 

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

For all last year Jets fans debated Fitz vs Geno when it actuality both of them stunk. 

I'd say a goodly portion of that have accepted that fact a long time ago.

You'll have to take up your concern with those select few still arguing proactively FOR one of the two.  

Just now, Dcat said:

and Fitzpatrick and Sanchez are unemployed.  Therefore Geno , at this moment, is making out better than either of them for 2017.   You've been on a Geno bashing crusade while continually defending two equally bad QBs (with many of the same exact faults),  Sanchez/Fitzpatrick.  It defies all logic.  And it's no longer relevant.  I guess I just have to grow up a little and contain myself and not respond to your Geno/Sanchez/Fitzpatrick discussions.  It's really the only issue I've ever disagreed with you about, so we share more opinions than differ.  But man... this one is a huge divide.

Listen, I agree completely that all three suck right now in 2017, there's no denying that, I don't think any sane fan could.

My Sanchez riff is not about today but about 2012 and 2013 when measures might have been taken to prevent his collapse after such a promising start.  After a tough and somewhat expected open at 4-6 he went on a 25-12 run between November '09 and December '11, one can't disregard that as some fluke, it's the best run a Jets QB has ever had, he not only won playoff games, he was among the best Jets players during those postseasons.

My Fitzpatrick defense is that he was nothing more than a journeyman and he shouldn't be slaughtered for getting $12M in 2016 after only being paid $2.3M in 2015.  His overall body of work in New York is 14-15, a 10 win season, a record 31 TD's, quite respectable considering the Idzik disaster he was asked to step-in and run as an emergency.

My Geno dislike is all factual, the record and the behavior speaks for itself.  Unlike Sanchez and Fitzpatrick where there is grey area, Geno is black and white.

SAR I

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd say a goodly portion of that have accepted that fact a long time ago.

You'll have to take up your concern with those select few still arguing proactively FOR one of the two.  

Funny is reading this yet when SAR first made this thread I KNEW you'd comment and I made sure to sit and wait for it.   It only took 30 minutes lol

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No one has even offered Ryan Fitzpatrick a job washing dirty jocks.

Again this Ryan Fitzpatrick reference.

Geno Smith and Ryan Fizpatrick aren't tied at the hip.  Geno Smith can suck all by himself, doesn't need any help apparently.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Again this Ryan Fitzpatrick reference.

Geno Smith and Ryan Fizpatrick aren't tied at the hip.  Geno Smith can suck all by himself, doesn't need any help apparently.

SAR I

Agree but Ryan Fitzpatrick has sucked a lot longer than Geno Smith has. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Agree but Ryan Fitzpatrick has sucked a lot longer than Geno Smith has. 

Again a Ryan Fitzpatrick reference.

Put up a post that discusses Geno Smith's suckage without referencing another player.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The McCown signing concurred with Geno's punting, so we didn't have a proper thread to kick his ass out the door.

NFL Players Association records show Smith’s base salary on his one-year contract at just $775,000. But more significantly, while Smith can earn up to $2 million on the deal, $800,000 of his potential earnings are tied up in playing incentives, per an ESPN report.

Still, having 50 percent of the contract tied up in a longshot incentive has to be tough to swallow for Smith. Nevertheless, the fact is it reflects his market value.

The stability and success of the Giants’ organization certainly influenced Smith’s decision to sign with Big Blue, as he explained in the team’s release on Monday. But it also seems he was grateful enough for the opportunity to accept a contract that looks too bare to be true.

SAR I

Aren't you the guy begging for us to take back Sh!tzpatrick, the only QB worse than Geno? 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Dunno, but I'd be pretty happy to make $775,000. I'm not sure if I've even made that in my life-time, and I'm like, 109 years old. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Sounds good on paper for 6 months work, but when you realize that in 2018 when he's out of the NFL that $800,000 ($480,000 after taxes) is going to have to last him 60 years. 

I feel bad for the guy.  Not only did he fall out of the first round, not only did he go 12-21, not only did he lose is starting job, but he read endless posts online about his "greatness" and how he was a "neglected talent".  He's got to be devastated right now.  He'll have to cancel his 2025 Ring Of Honor room reservations at the Meadowlands Hilton.

SAR I

I dont think he is done in 2018. I am no fan of Smiths however players of his caliber in the QB starved NFL can bumble around the league for years collecting a very nice paycheck along the way as a #2 or 3 . And then of course there is Canada.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

I dont think he is done in 2018. I am no fan of Smiths however players of his caliber in the QB starved NFL can bumble around the league for years collecting a very nice paycheck along the way as a #2 or 3 . And then of course there is Canada.

Exactly Ryan Fitzpatrick did it for 12 years 6 teams,Josh McCown 7 teams in 14 years........

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I wonder what it's like to root for a franchise that doesn't deal with this bullsh*t every year. What do they even talk about? Football? 

Yet here we are. Geno Smith threads galore and a gang of yokels trying to wax philosophical about the chosen people. 

Sammy Davis, Jr. converted, but I haven't heard the news about Geno. Mazel Tov. What did I miss? 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Quick question, what does Geno being on the Giants have anything to do with the Jets? 

FYI, Geno Smith will be making $1.2 mil next year, which is about $1.19 mil more than your man-love Fitzy, assuming he gets a 10k unemployment check from the state. meh

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Quick question, what does Geno being on the Giants have anything to do with the Jets? 

FYI, Geno Smith will be making $1.2 mil next year, which is about $1.19 mil more than your man-love Fitzy, assuming he gets a 10k unemployment check from the state. meh

Do you really want to use salary to compare them?  Cause it that is how you rate them Geno will have to play until 2025 to earn as much as Fitzpatrick did in 2016.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sounds like Fitzy the Sh!tzy. 

@SAR I, you're probably the best thing that happened to Jetnation. Its stuff like this that gives us plenty to discuss. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You said he was black listed from the NFL. 

Archived