With the 6th pick

24 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

I'm with you Tinstar as we have agreed on building around the young QB's we have.  Just love this time of year with all of the rumors and thoughts that go into draft time.

As I stated in a prior post, it would be the absolute worst problem in the world if 3 of the 53 players on our Roster were QBs  Christian Hackenberg (23 years old ) Mitchell Trubisky ( 24 years old ) And Sam Darnold ( 22 years old) .  Dear Lord, what a problem, what ever would they do ? 

• Upvote 1

It would appear that this draft could yield a starting S (if not 2), CB and TE in rounds 2 and 3.  

Currently, who is our secondary in 2018 when we want to compete?  Jeff Burris?

I would get picks for Pryor and SR.  This team needs bodies.  

seems like the years pass, either jets MB posters are getting increasing clueless good prospects, or I'm getting beyond picky. Jets taking Trubisky is the equivalent of an abuse victim calling her attacker up next friday... "whatcha doing...."

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

In my lifetime i have seen Walter payton, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Eric Dickerson and Adrian Peterson

I hope you are being sarcastic

Have to agree. Maybe it's selective memory but I can not recall any of those players not showing up in big games during their college career. Can not say the same of Fournette.

anyone of those three above please! 

Malik Hooker scares me... lot of hype, not much experience at the position, might be too much of a finesse guy

Fournette / D Cook tempting but feels early at 6 in such a loaded RB class... much better to wait for a Brian Hill in the 3rd/4th (Mixon??? 2nd/3rd) 

please please no Deshaun Watson or Deshone Kizer. Deshaun good kid nice athlete but man so inaccurate. Kizer bleh even worse. 

Trubisky, seems like he could be a player. not much experience hurts but he looks natural back there, spins the ball nicely too. 

or a nice little trade down could be in play.............

On 3/23/2017 at 4:54 PM, ChuckkieB said:

If the GM thinks that his job is on the line THIS year, I  don't think he gives a crap about the QB class next year.  All he cares about is building the roster with players who can win games for him.  If he loves on of the QB's in this year's draft, you better believe that he's going to pick him.

Can we please stop with this nonsense. The Jets are in total rebuild mode - the GM is NOT in jeopardy of losing his job. They will have at least a couple years to show they are going in the right direction - thinking they have to do well this year with this team if just not true.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Larz said:

In my lifetime i have seen Walter payton, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Eric Dickerson and Adrian Peterson

I hope you are being sarcastic

fournette deserves to be in that list, he is that good. im not joking, fournette is real deal, he will be right up there with ezekiel elliott next year or better.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, jbeachboy said:

fournette deserves to be in that list, he is that good. im not joking, fournette is real deal, he will be right up there with ezekiel elliott next year or better.

Call it the Dee Millner syndrome but Fournette scares me players with health issues have not been very successful when drafted 

On March 24, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Dupe said:

Enunwa is an awsome blocker, I read that Howard is also.  Thats not why I like the pick but having recievers that can destroy tacklers is a "hidden" asset that helps you win games. 

Howard blocked the sh*t out of Jamal Adams who everyone wants at 6

He also held his own blocking Myles Garrett

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

They were saying same thing about Gurley two years ago

We have no QB and a lousy OL. By all means let's draft the position that's not only the cheapest on offense or defense, but the one that also typically has the shortest career and highest incidence of injury.

I'd like anyone to remind me of the last time an NFL team - sans OL and QB, and with a bad defense, at the time - drafted a RB this early and then successfully built a SB champion team around him.

On 3/23/2017 at 6:30 PM, Lil Woody said:

Speak out against him to other fans. We need to force new ownership somehow.  Maybe someone can uncover some video of him saying something bad about black people like that old NBA guy. Hell use CGI if we have to.  Get that loser the fu&< out of here.

there is only one way to force new ownership and that is not to go to games and not to scalp tickets.  Guys scream they are not going and then scalp their tickets, playing right into the owner's pocket. The reality is  someone else will buy season tickets if we do not, though.  So no, you cannot ofrce ownership out.

On 3/23/2017 at 5:13 PM, Lil Woody said:

The idea that Mac is on the hot seat in a rebuild year is hilarious. This QB class SUCKS.  They are ALL 2nd round talents or worse. No.  You pass on them, draft top talent at 6. WR, OLB or Howard. If there was a LT worth including in this class I'd include that position as well.  No reaching for sh*tty Q have more than ne coach. Especially when he really did not pick the first one.Bs, no raw FS, no limited SS, no DTs, just impact players for the rebuild.

If we can come out of this draft with a WR, TE, OT, OC, OLB and CB I'm thrilled. RBs are around every year. Great class, but so what. It's a position we can buy off in FA until we get a QB, and an OL and a full compliment or WRs/TEs.  FS and SS can also wait.  Lets see what Middleton, Martin and Miles can do. Get another CB and put Burris, Skrine and a rookie out there and see what they can do.  Whats the worst that happens.....we lose games? LOL.

I do not htink Macc is on ahot seat. Bowles is.  You have to let a GM have more than one coach---especially when he did not pick the first one.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We have no QB and a lousy OL. By all means let's draft the position that's not only the cheapest on offense or defense, but the one that also typically has the shortest career and highest incidence of injury.

I'd like anyone to remind me of the last time an NFL team - sans OL and QB, and with a bad defense, at the time - drafted a RB this early and then successfully built a SB champion team around him.

it would be like drafting a guy and asking him to run into a brick wall 300 times a year.  You can go to an insane asylum and get a guy to do that.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, jack48 said:

it would be like drafting a guy and asking him to run into a brick wall 300 times a year.  You can go to an insane asylum and get a guy to do that.

Our OL is not that bad. I'd agree it's a stupid pick to take a RB at 6, but not for that reason.

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Look I know you're just some random guy that hangs out here but Curtis Martin is in the Hall of Fame dude.

So that means he has to like every one that in the HOF??:blink: Martin has the most yards compiled because he had the most carries what other Jet RB category does he lead in?? 

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

So that means he has to like every one that in the HOF??:blink: Martin has the most yards compiled because he had the most carries what other Jet RB category does he lead in?? 

I'm showing my kids right now what a Jets fan looks like. *see kids we even hate our hall of famers.

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'm showing my kids right now what a Jets fan looks like. *see kids we even hate our hall of famers.

I don't hate him he was a good durable RB however IMO he wasn't the best Jet RB. Why not tell your kids people are allowed to respectfully disagree with other fans?? People talk crap about Namath all the time but they are entitled to their opinion and as much as I liked him in Supe 3 the real MVP was Matt Snell not Joe..;)

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

I don't hate him he was a good durable RB however IMO he wasn't the best Jet RB. Why not tell your kids people are allowed to respectfully disagree with other fans?? People talk crap about Namath all the time but they are entitled to their opinion and as much as I liked him in Supe 3 the real MVP was Matt Snell not Joe..;)

I'll read them your post so they have something to think about. 

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

You have literally been repeating the same two points across two message boards for fifteen years at anyone who so much as mentions his name. I think it's safe to say you do.

What I say is true no matter what the Martinette's may think..LOL Maybe Spermie will repost his opinion piece on Cumar that was a piece of art..:)