Saints coach Sean Payton has taken interest in Johny Manziel

joewilly12

Saints coach Sean Payton met with Johnny Manziel during Super Bowl week, has taken an interest in him: report 

SUNDAY, DEC. 20, 2015 FILE PHOTO

Johnny Manziel is reportedly attracting some interest from the Saints.

(SCOTT EKLUND/AP)

While teams are shying away from Colin Kaepernick, it appears Johnny Manziel is still attracting interest.

Saints coach Sean Payton was spotted with the quarterback at breakfast during Super Bowl week, according to NFL.com, and discussed his possible return to football.

Free-agent Manziel, who was cut by the Browns last year and is working toward having a 2016 domestic violence charge dropped, could be an option to back up Drew Brees. And Payton has taken an interest in him, the report said.

After a February court appearance, Manziel told reporters “I want to play football.” Soon after it was reported that the signal-caller is back with his former agent, Erik Burkhardt.

Johnny Manziel re-hires former agent, takes aim at NFL comeback

However, Manziel struggled on and off the field during two tumultuous seasons in Cleveland. The 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, who last played in an NFL game on Dec. 27, 2015, spent time in rehab and in 15 games only completed 147 of 258 passes, while throwing seven touchdowns and seven interceptions.

And even if the charge against Manziel is dropped, he could still face punishment from the league.

There are other potential quarterback options for the Saints: With the NFL draft approaching, the team reportedly worked out Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes and Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs within the past week. New Orleans has two first-round picks and a second-round pick.

The problem I see w/ Manziel is all the good he is doing for himself right now is because of a girl.  Id feel much better about this if he was doing it fohimself.

I think most of us have been down this road.  We clean up our act for a broad but a few months, maybe a year down the road when the poonani gets old, we go right back to the old us.

I hope Im wrong because Manziel is fun to watch.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

The problem I see w/ Manziel is all the good he is doing for himself right now is because of a girl.  Id feel much better about this if he was doing it fohimself.

I think most of us have been down this road.  We clean up our act for a broad but a few months, maybe a year down the road when the poonani gets old, we go right back to the old us.

Imagine how much fun the QB position would be here if we signed Johny Football. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Imagine how much fun the QB position would be here if we signed Johny Football. 

You both have a very different definition of fun if you think Manziel is "fun" to watch.  He's a one-read midget with zero work ethic and zero ability to scan the field and work through progressions.  He's also a raging alcoholic and drug addict who claims he sobered up without ANY professional help.

Then again, one of you screamed (hint: it's not JoeWilly12) that we would regret not drafting him the year he came out so I guess I cant say I'm surprised.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You both have a very different definition of fun if you think Manziel is "fun" to watch.  He's a one-read midget with zero work ethic and zero ability to scan the field and work through progressions.  He's also a raging alcoholic and drug addict who claims he sobered up without ANY professional help.

Then again, one of you screamed (hint: it's not JoeWilly12) that we would regret not drafting him the year he came out so I guess I cant say I'm surprised.

Sadly we still dont have a decent QB and Johny Manziel if signed today would be the best QB on our roster. 

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadly we still dont have a decent QB and Johny Manziel if signed today would be the best QB on our roster. 

Sadly you have so little of an idea about what a good QB is or isnt you actually believe this.  What did he do in his handful of games to ever make anyone, anywhere think that hes a decent or the best QB on any teams roster.  

Who would even think of saying anything this lame

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Sadly you have so little of an idea about what a good QB is or isnt you actually believe this.  What did he do in his handful of games to ever make anyone, anywhere think that hes a decent or the best QB on any teams roster.  

Who would even think of saying anything this lame

Have you checked Josh McCown's career stats and Bryce Petty's and never mind Hack doesn't have any. 

Hoping for the best from QB corps. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Have you checked Josh McCown's career stats and Bryce Petty's and never mind Hack doesn't have any. 

Hoping for the best from QB corps. 

Have you checked Manziels career stats?

His rap sheet?

His total lack of discipline?  Lack of work ethic?  Self control?

All things that arent importabt to you as long as you recognize a name.  Using your logic, youd rather see Manziel over Darnold, Peyton as a rookie etc, etc.  

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Have you checked Manziels career stats?

His rap sheet?

His total lack of discipline?  Lack of work ethic?  Self control?

All things that arent importabt to you as long as you recognize a name.  Using your logic, youd rather see Manziel over Darnold, Peyton as a rookie etc, etc.  

Just holding out for a franchise QB thats all...............

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, watching Manziel in college was a totally borefest.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, watching Manziel in college was a totally borefest.

Tim Tebow was a blast to watch in college too.

What does college have to do with sh*t  when discussing Johnny in the pros?

Archived