Joe Mixon

varjet

4 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

Has someone beaten you before??  He does this at 25 it's a different story.  The kid was 18 years old and it's the ONLY negative thing he's done.  It's not like he walked into the place approached the girl and knocked her out.  She actually attacked him physically first.  Does that give him the right to hit her ABSOLUTELY not, but I for one am not going to judge this kid this guy this adult whatever you want to call him on one bad judgement call.  To me that doesn't define who he is as a man.  What he does after this incident will define him.  

Bottom line is that he's not getting out of the 2nd round and I personally would be quite happy if the Jets took him with their 2nd round pick.  He's an elite talent that will help this team and that's all that matters

All caps? Why?  It's not true or anything.  Kid was suspended in November.  Not like he "learned his lesson" Scares me to think of the "pattern of bad decisions" that Cook has supposedly made that is scaring people off.

Now, more details are being released about what led to the suspension for the running back who has found himself in the spotlight again.  Joe Mixon was so frustrated with a parking citation that he tore up the ticket in front of the parking attendant and threw it at the parking attendant.  Mixon reportedly approached the parking attendant right after the citation was written.  "Don't put that shi*t in my face," Mixon told the attendant, the incident report states.  Mixon then ripped the citation in half and threw it at the parking attendant.  According to the incident report, the torn pieces hit the parking attendant in the face.  Mixon then got into his vehicle and "inched at the officer with vehicle in drive to intimidate the officer with vehicle," the report details.  “I regret that I did not respond appropriately to parking attendants and understand and accept the consequences,” Mixon said in a statement earlier this week.  "OU sets very high standards and they must be met by all of our student-athletes,” OU head football coach Bob Stoops said.  As a result, Mixon was suspended for Thursday’s game at Iowa State, but it’s not his first suspension.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

doesn't understand the basic premise that men are physically stronger than women and need to adjust their reactions accordingly. You don't punch a child in the face if they punch you, you grab their hands and explain that they need to stop. 

Oh, so it's an issue of strength right? I can easily retort to put a monkey wrench in that theory.

I'm 5'10 &175 lbs. If I go up to a guy who is 6'5 and weighs 350 lbs and try to hit him, the chances of me really hurting him are slim. But he can do real damage to me. If I hit him and he hits me back, are people gonna criticize him for it? Nope, they're gonna say "well it's you fault for even attacking him! Why would you hit a guy like that knowing how big and strong he is!"

And really? You're comparing grown women to children? Lmao. I hope you realize how sexist that sounds. 

5 minutes ago, King P said:

Oh, so it's an issue of strength right? I can easily retort to put a monkey wrench in that theory.

I'm 5'10 &175 lbs. If I go up to a guy who is 6'5 and weighs 350 lbs and try to hit him, the chances of me really hurting him are slim. But he can do real damage to me. If I hit him and he hits me back, are people gonna criticize him for it? Nope, they're gonna say "well it's you fault for even attacking him! Why would you hit a guy like that knowing how big and strong he is!"

And really? You're comparing grown women to children? Lmao. I hope you realize how sexist that sounds. 

I wasn't comparing anything. You are the one making that leap. I was giving an example of a restrained approach. And then using that example and applying it to another scenario.

Sometimes you need to read things twice and see what the words are saying and not what blanks your mind is filling in.

As to your example. I'm sorry you are a little guy. But you are still a guy. There is still a big difference.

6 minutes ago, King P said:

+1 

I'm 6'0 & 275 lbs. I agree with your statement and have yo' back P! :D

15 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I wasn't comparing anything. You are the one making that leap. I was giving an example of a restrained approach. And then using that example and applying it to another scenario.

Sometimes you need to read things twice and see what the words are saying and not what blanks your mind is filling in.

As to your example. I'm sorry you are a little guy. But you are still a guy. There is still a big difference.

See, I told you I would throw a wrench in your theory lmao. See its not an issue of strength, it's an issue of gender.

You should have just said "women shouldn't be hit because they are women" instead of making up a b/s reason

I think Tyreek Hill was in a similar situation. Dude got kicked out OSU (Oklahoma) and dropped to the 5th round. After seeing him play I would give him the full authority to smack every women on my block and still sign him had I know he'd played like this. 

And yes, I'm just kidding or am I?

3 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I think Tyreek Hill was in a similar situation. Dude got kicked out OSU (Oklahoma) and dropped to the 5th round. After seeing him play I would give him the full authority to smack every women on my block and still sign him had I know he'd played like this. 

And yes, I'm just kidding or am I?

Nah, Tyreek assaulted the mother of his kids while she was pregnant.

Hill is a scumbag for that

35 minutes ago, King P said:

See, I told you I would throw a wrench in your theory lmao. See its not an issue of strength, it's an issue of gender.

You should have just said "women shouldn't be hit because they are women" instead of making up a b/s reason

Huh? I've said that all along. Men shouldn't hit women. That's the whole point.

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

Yeah but it was under the premise they are weaker then men, then I brought up 2 men with different sizes and you're like "because they're men".

But if you wanna coddle women and just let them do whatever they want, then fine. That's your opinion. It is what it is

15 minutes ago, King P said:

Yeah but it was under the premise they are weaker then men, then I brought up 2 men with different sizes and you're like "because they're men".

But if you wanna coddle women and just let them do whatever they want, then fine. That's your opinion. It is what it is

I know you two have been making out over this debate for a while but I have not followed it. But here's my opinion. Men should not hit women 'in general'. Now if the woman has a gun in her hand and is threatening to shoot you, by all means knock the f*** out of her. But only when you are threatened for your security/well being.

In this case, we are talking about a college RB. One little shove by a younger woman shouldn't result in knocking the sh!t out of her. why act like a douche? Why put yourself in a position where a woman wants to hit you? I understand there are plenty psychos out there and there are always exceptions to all the rules, but having read on this story, the girl was somewhat provoked. 

Gender equality is a term that is used to give power to females. It just doesn't apply to everything. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

I know you two have been making out over this debate for a while but I have not followed it. But here's my opinion. Men should not hit women 'in general'. Now if the woman has a gun in her hand and is threatening to shoot you, by all means knock the f*** out of her. But only when you are threatened for your security/well being.

In this case, we are talking about a college RB. One little shove by a younger woman shouldn't result in knocking the sh!t out of her. why act like a douche? Why put yourself in a position where a woman wants to hit you? I understand there are plenty psychos out there and there are always exceptions to all the rules, but having read on this story, the girl was somewhat provoked. 

Gender equality is a term that is used to give power to females. It just doesn't apply to everything. 

How so? From what I understand, Mixon went over there because a gay man had called him a racial slur. He proceeded to call him a slur regarding his sexuality, which is when the woman attacked him.

Should he have knocked her out? No. But she shouldn't have put her hands on him. I don't condone it, but at the same time I'm not gonna go in an uproar about it. I don't feel sorry for the girl. Everybody should be held accountable for their actions.

Gender equality in my means means that women should be treated equally to men. The problem is at times it's only used when convenient. That's a problem

2 minutes ago, King P said:

How so? From what I understand, Mixon went over there because a gay man had called him a racial slur. He proceeded to call him a slur regarding his sexuality, which is when the woman attacked him.

Should he have knocked her out? No. But she shouldn't have put her hands on him. I don't condone it, but at the same time I'm not gonna go in an uproar about it. I don't feel sorry for the girl. Everybody should be held accountable for their actions.

Gender equality in my means means that women should be treated equally to men. The problem is at times it's only used when convenient. That's a problem

So what you understand is what Mixon and his attorneys are spouting?  

Maybe it's true, but maybe it's not.  I saw the kid and find it hard to believe he just randomly spouted a racial slur at a bunch of Okalahoma football players. 

44 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Is it okay for men to hit men?  How would you feel of a man acted like the gal in this video and was then slugged?  I bet almost nothing would come of it.

17 hours ago, varjet said:

There is a lead-in to the slugging. Allegedly, Mixon and his friends were insulting the victim's friend with anti-gay slurs on the street.  They found themselves together in a coffee shop.  She walked up to him, attacked him physically and verbally.  Rather than walking away, or restraining her, his split second decision was to slug her.  Had he been able to not hit her back, it was she who could have faced charges for assault.  She also has little recollection of the incident-she was impaired.

I am condoning what Mixon did, but I don't think the media gave this story a balanced perspective.  Mixon is not Ray Rice, or Adrian Peterson, or even Michael Vick for that matter.  He made a snap bad decision late at night while being assaulted.  He has apologized and has stayed out of trouble.  

Some team is going to get themselves a good player.  I could see him being Ezekiel Elliott's back up (the guy who pulled a woman's top down in a bar).  

You don't need a balanced perspective really. I could grant you she fully instigated the entire thing and he was a levelheaded beacon of civility right up till the punch. The bottom line is If I punched every out of line drunk chick in my life I'd have left a wake of bodies in my path. You just can't do it and he knew exactly what he was doing

18 hours ago, varjet said:

There is a lead-in to the slugging. Allegedly, Mixon and his friends were insulting the victim's friend with anti-gay slurs on the street.  They found themselves together in a coffee shop.  She walked up to him, attacked him physically and verbally.  Rather than walking away, or restraining her, his split second decision was to slug her.  Had he been able to not hit her back, it was she who could have faced charges for assault.  She also has little recollection of the incident-she was impaired.

I am condoning what Mixon did, but I don't think the media gave this story a balanced perspective.  Mixon is not Ray Rice, or Adrian Peterson, or even Michael Vick for that matter.  He made a snap bad decision late at night while being assaulted.  He has apologized and has stayed out of trouble.  

Some team is going to get themselves a good player.  I could see him being Ezekiel Elliott's back up (the guy who pulled a woman's top down in a bar).  

She pushed him and put her hand up because he raised his fist and then he slugged her. He's a ****in scumbag... i hope someone ends his career before it starts - i don't normally wish career ending injuries on people, but that's all i needed to see... i remember this video... had forgotten his name though until now. She didn't do nearly enough to justify even remotely what he did. 

2 hours ago, King P said:

I guess ill quote you too... You watch the video? She pushed him (and she's not just a woman, she's tiny) - and he goes to raise his fist as if to scare her and he did and her hand goes up to push him back and BANG! Just knocks her out. Even if this tiny chick had 2 pieced him clean... it aint like she's a trained fighter.. she isn't hurting anyone... if she landed clean shots on him and he body slammed her or pushed her to the ground - I'd be content with that... but what he did is never called for unless the woman has a weapon. 

1 hour ago, King P said:

Its all he said and she said as far as the cause. 

Here's the girls account:

According to Molitor’s account of the confrontation, she and a friend were standing outside a restaurant near campus when Mixon and a group of friends started making sexual advances toward them.

They were like making catcalls at me, commenting on how I looked,” she told the police. “They were talking about Joe, I suppose — I didn’t know who he was — like, ‘It’s my boy’s birthday, like, what are you going to do for him?’ Suggesting I go home with him, making very specific suggestions about what I could do to pleasure him. My first reaction was to laugh.”

The encounter escalated when Mixon made a gay slur toward her friend, Molitor alleged.

“When I said I would never in a million years go anywhere with you, he goes, ‘Oh, so you’d rather go home with that f—— f—–?'” Molitor said. “I got really mad, so I faced Joe and was like, ‘Don’t f— with me. Do not mess with my friend. Just stop, go away.’ And he was like, ‘Oh you’re a bad b—-, what are you going to do about it?'”

After Molitor and her friend walked into the restaurant out of fear, she said, Mixon followed them and appeared to say something to her friend, which caused Molitor to push him. When he made a move toward her, she slapped him, and then he punched her, causing her to lose consciousness, according to the interview.

Here's Mixon's account:

"The gay dude ... he called me something," Mixon said in the video. "He was like, 'n-----.' So then I was like, 'you got me messed up.' And then I called him a f-g. And after that, the girl, she dropped her purse, that's when she came in my face, pushed me, and then my glasses came off, and then, like, I had, like, jumped at her, like, to watch out. And then she came in my face. I put my head down. And she swung on me.

"And after that, like, I was so shocked, because she hit me so hard. It felt like a dude hit me. And after that, like, my face went boom, my reaction was just right there."

So for no reason, Mixon follows those two in the restaurant where the "gay dude" says nigga to which Mixon replies "you got me messed up...fag". Really? Thats the reason he gave for the confrontation? I'd much rather believe the girl's story than the guy's. Sounds more credible and detailed as opposed to Mixon's short story (called me nigga, I called him fag, girl hit me so hard like man  and I've never been hit that hard playing RB so I smashed the living hell out of her). 

2 hours ago, Jetfan13 said:

so people want to get rid Richardson because he smokes pot and was late to a meeting but want to sign Mixon, a woman beater? Really?

Smoking pot And tried to escape to cops while having kids in the car .. but stupid is stupid they both where wrong 

11 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Its all he said and she said as far as the cause. 

Here's the girls account:

Here's Mixon's account:

So for no reason, Mixon follows those two in the restaurant where the "gay dude" says nigga to which Mixon replies "you got me messed up...fag". Really? Thats the reason he gave for the confrontation? I'd much rather believe the girl's story than the guy's. Sounds more credible and detailed as opposed to Mixon's short story (called me nigga, I called him fag, girl hit me so hard like man  and I've never been hit that hard playing RB so I smashed the living hell out of her). 

Cause girls never lie lmaooo.. It u weren't there no point in trying to believe anything cause there's his side , her side and the truth..

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Cause girls never lie lmaooo.. It u weren't there no point in trying to believe anything cause there's his side , her side and the truth..

I know what you're saying, but Mixon's story just doesn't add up. "Hit me so hard, it felt like a dude"? The hell? I wonder if it was the girl who had the v*g*n* or Mixon. Lost his credibility right there. 

25 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I know what you're saying, but Mixon's story just doesn't add up. "Hit me so hard, it felt like a dude"? The hell? I wonder if it was the girl who had the v*g*n* or Mixon. Lost his credibility right there. 

You honestly think that girl who was student at Oklahoma didn't know who Mixon was ?

57 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Man I thought Women wanted equal rights, and sh*t ? 

When it's convenient to them :D

I've come to the realization that some people (whether man or woman) will never be happy unless a woman completely gets her way.

Which will lead to the emasculation of men <_<

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

You honestly think that girl who was student at Oklahoma didn't know who Mixon was ?

Not that this matters. But Mixon hadn't taken a single snap yet in college. Why should the girl know who Mixon was? Even if she did know him, what difference does it make? Mixon didn't claim she knew him or anything. 

3 minutes ago, King P said:

When it's convenient to them :D

I've come to the realization that some people (whether man or woman) will never be happy unless a woman completely gets her way.

Which will lead to the emasculation of men <_<

Did you watch the video? Would you have knocked her out? Yes? No? Why? Answer me that. Then apply that to this situation... unless you said you would knock her out - then you're just a b1tch... but hey not all of us were meant to be real men. 

Just now, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Did you watch the video? Would you have knocked her out? Yes? No? Why? Answer me that. Then apply that to this situation... unless you said you would knock her out - then you're just a b1tch... but hey not all of us were meant to be real men. 

He wasn't a man he was a boy, this happened 3 years ago, it's not something anyone should have done, but he shouldn't be looked at like he committed murder either because it's on video.  Kid needs to become a man, and if he comes off as a kid who has matured, and grown the **** up then you snatch him with the quickness if he is there in Rd 2.

9 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I personally wouldn't have knocked her out, or at least not tried to. I will give a woman a warning to back off. If they continue, I will be forced to defend myself. But I'm sure even that would be a problem.

Let me give you a personal story, happened yesterday...

So I was getting off the Subway platform, headed to work. I'm on the other side walking kind of fast as usual, when another train had pulled up. As I'm walking, I see out of the cornerback of my eye a lady running full speed towards me (trying to get to the train). She's definitely going to run into me, no way to avoid it. So as she was coming in, I caught her (looked like a side hug) to stop her and a full on collision and let her go afterwards. As I'm letting go she's like "get off me" and swings at me. I dodged it and step away and looked at her like wtf! She stares me down before getting on the train.

I felt I handled the situation correctly. But people I told the story to all had some issues with what I did. Asking why I held her and how I could have been accused of touching her inappropriately (which is bullcrap). Some suggested I should have used some force, but then I know that would have been a problem. But most people basically came to the conclusion that I should have just let her run into me. Like really? You're just gonna let somebody run into you like that? Yeah I don't think so, I don't care who you are.

But like I said, when it comes to women society just wants you to let theme have their way and do whatever they want.

3 minutes ago, ATX Jetsfan said:

I can't believe the responses in this thread. People really defending this clown. 

I agree.  He's got some talent, sure... but talented RBs are not hard to find compared to other positions.  Pass.  He's not worth the risk.

4 hours ago, Jetfan13 said:

so people want to get rid Richardson because he smokes pot and was late to a meeting but want to sign Mixon, a woman beater? Really?

and drove 160 MPH with a kid in the car.  And didn't give a crap about a game right before it, but was concerned about the Ho's, and has made it very clear during the Wilkerson disaster  that he is going to be very difficult to sign.

With that said I usually don't give a crap what these guys do off the field, but the Mixon video was very vicious,  he was in no real danger.  She was just trying to push him away.  Bad dude, stay away

38 minutes ago, ATX Jetsfan said:

I can't believe the responses in this thread. People really defending this clown. 

Seriously this is crazy. That was a vicious punch and he could have killed her. Don't want him on my team.

Archived