How the Jets Landed Christian Hackenberg - 2016 MMQB article

Gas2No99

20 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That is because you are characterizing him as a "possible franchise QB."  He seems much more like Tajh Boyd 2.0.   What makes him a "possible franchise QB?"  HIs college career?  I don't think so.  There were people that gave him an undraftable grade.  One of his big positives was experience running a pro offense as opposed to these one read, all shotgun/pistol QBs.  That should have given him a leg up in camp, not a mandatory red-shirt season.  Never mind that his freshman year was barely better than his miserable senior campaign.  

I really can't recall his senior year, can you help me with that?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The Jets characterized him that when they drafted him.  As the Rams did Jarred Goff at #1.

if you think there's a chance you take the QB at #51 overall.

The argument is over whether it is reasonable to characterize him that way. 

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

I really can't recall his senior year, can you help me with that?

Whatever.  Let me rephrase.  The year he decided that he'd only hurt his stock more by staying in school another year.  My apologies. 

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

It's not about the draft slot, it is about you conjecturing, without any knowledge, as to what the team was thinking.

That is not a fair exercise, as you don't have the details ;)

I know. Furthermore, I'm the only one who ever guesses why any team - or any person - does, or what they may have been thinking, based on events as they unfolded. Thank you for correctly and appropriately policing my thoughts. I'm sure everyone here would greatly value it if you'd perform this public service upon them as well.

The Texans leapfrogged us, from one pick behind us to one pick ahead of us, at the low cost of a 6th round pick. It is totally baseless conjecture to guess they were worried about us taking that player. I mean, that's totally a 1 in a million chance right there. 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Whatever.  Let me rephrase.  The year he decided that he'd only hurt his stock more by staying in school another year.  My apologies. 

As inaccurate as Hack has been purported to be, that Junior year where everything was wrecked, he threw 6 Interceptions in 360 pass attempts.

Sound like a guy who can't hit the ocean.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I know. Furthermore, I'm the only one who ever guesses why any team - or any person - does, or what they may have been thinking, based on events as they unfolded. Thank you for correctly and appropriately policing my thoughts. I'm sure everyone here would greatly value it if you'd perform this public service upon them as well.

The Texans leapfrogged us, from one pick behind us to one pick ahead of us, at the low cost of a 6th round pick. It is totally baseless conjecture to guess they were worried about us taking that player. I mean, that's totally a 1 in a million chance right there. 

Like I said, someone else was going to jump ahead of them and take their player. That is my conjecture.

Prove it otherwise, or I am right. :)

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Heh.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

As inaccurate as Hack has been purported to be, that Junior year where everything was wrecked, he threw 6 Interceptions in 360 pass attempts.

Sound like a guy who can't hit the ocean.

did he have any other stats that year

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Like I said, someone else was going to jump ahead of them and take there player. That is may conjecture.

Prove it otherwise, or I am right. :)

You can formulate that opinion if you like. 

Be careful with your acute case of conjecturitis, though. It's possible someone may not like it. 

Archived