Garrett aside, who's your

Tinstar

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Corey Davis, you said 2 guys thou.  If both offense then I'll also say Cook.

I said that 2 guys currently in the league allow me to come to this conclusion and those 2 guys play 2 different positions .

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I said that 2 guys currently in the league allow me to come to this conclusion and those 2 guys play 2 different positions .

Well then it's either a TE, or OL guy.  Forrest Lamp.  If Howard isn't can't miss to you I can't see another TE as can't miss.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Well then it's either a TE, or OL guy.  Forrest Lamp.  If Howard isn't can't miss to you I can't see another TE as can't miss.

That's the guy I'm thinking about. 

Cody Whitehair  and Zack Martin both college OT made the transition in their initial NFL seasons to OG and Center . Neither of those guys are as athletic or display the ability Lamp did at OT . I think that guy is a can't miss at 2 positions in the pros and would be a sold contributor at LT in a pinch .

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Obi Melifonwu

Based on Deon Buchannon & Cravens...

And if Mcc is able to move down in the 1st I can see them taking him...I can see him playing various positions depending on that weeks game matchups i.e. CB/S/LB

Im not sold on Obi as a high 2nd rounder let alone 1st.  I dont think 40 time always translate to the field and the tape available for him is limited along with his competition.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Cody Whitehair  and Zack Martin both college OT made the transition in their initial NFL seasons to OG and Center . Neither of those guys are as athletic or display the ability Lamp did at OT . I think that guy is a can't miss at 2 positions in the pros and would be a sold contributor at LT in a pinch .

sooooo u think forest lamp who I believe is a Tackle in college and must move inside to guard in the NFL is a cant miss where none of the 4 guys i said are cant miss and I am crazy?

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

I double dipped for the Texans in the JN mock draft, the unknown risk reward Gronk ceiling guy, in Shaheen, and the South Alabama kid in Everett, think O'Brein was there when the Pats drafted Gronk, and Hernandez in 2010, and with that D why not do something like that for Houston, I wouldn't be upset at all if the Jets took 2 TE's with their 3 picks in Rds 2, and 3.

makes perfect sense to try to get 2 starting caliber TE out of this draft for whoever ends up QB

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

sooooo u think forest lamp who I believe is a Tackle in college and must move inside to guard in the NFL is a cant miss where none of the 4 guys i said are cant miss and I am crazy?

Yes I do, and you know you are . 

What forest lamp will be asked to do will depend solely on his ability and his ability is top notch . What those other players will have to do will depend mostly o the scheme they're place in and what they're asked to do . There's something about everyone of them that gives you a cause for concerns, but the concern with Lamp would be taken care of by his position change .   

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Yes I do, and you know you are . 

What forest lamp will be asked to do will depend solely on his ability and his ability is top notch . What those other players will have to do will depend mostly o the scheme they're place in and what they're asked to do . There's something about everyone of them that gives you a cause for concerns, but the concern with Lamp would be taken care of by his position change .   

that is crazy talk and you sound like you talking in circles but let us just agree to disagree shall we

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Forrest Lamp has T-Rex arms.

I would bet that the majority of guards in the NFL played tackle in college.  LT in particular.  You can start with Carpenter and Winters.  It is not particularly impressive that they want to kick them inside.  Usually it is an indication of short arms and lack of athleticism.  I like Lamp, but I don't see him as any more of a sure thing than Bolles.  Ramcyzk would be higher but his questions are injury related. 

5 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Im not sold on Obi as a high 2nd rounder let alone 1st.  I dont think 40 time always translate to the field and the tape available for him is limited along with his competition.

I've heard others say they have the same concerns as you. He'd be such an asset if his tape matched his measurables 

On 3/27/2017 at 2:42 PM, Lupz27 said:

I double dipped for the Texans in the JN mock draft, the unknown risk reward Gronk ceiling guy, in Shaheen, and the South Alabama kid in Everett, think O'Brein was there when the Pats drafted Gronk, and Hernandez in 2010, and with that D why not do something like that for Houston, I wouldn't be upset at all if the Jets took 2 TE's with their 3 picks in Rds 2, and 3.

Here is my double dip on TE and CB. ....I think this would be awesome draft

6: R1P6

TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA
39: R2P7

CB KEVIN KING
WASHINGTON
70: R3P6

S JOSH JONES
NC STATE
107: R3P43

CB TEEZ TABOR
FLORIDA
150: R5P6

TE GEORGE KITTLE
IOWA
191: R6P7

C JON TOTH
KENTUCKY
224: R7P6

LB JORDAN EVANS
OKLAHOMA

Posts like this are so difficult, because i truly believe a prospect is so dependent on where he ends up. You put certain players in a bad spot, and they will fail.

Based on pure gamestyle. Ryan Switzer. This guy is destined to be the next great slot WR. 

As far as high profile guys. Jamal Adams, OJ Howard, and Jabrill Peppers, and Ill throw in Kevin King for his versatility. 

Just now, peebag said:

Derek Barnett DE

I am curious about this kid . I like his game, but I have to see how he does in his workout at pro-day . His game makes him perfect for a 43 DE, but I'm not sure he's worth it as a 34 Edge rusher . Kid was sick at the Combine .

Just now, Tinstar said:

I am curious about this kid . I like his game, but I have to see how he does in his workout at pro-day . His game makes him perfect for a 43 DE, but I'm not sure he's worth it as a 34 Edge rusher . Kid was sick at the Combine .

I only saw him play one game - this past year's bowl game against the Huskers - he absolutely destroyed us.  Reminded me of another cat who had a similar game against Nebraska a few years back, Leonard Williams. 

2 hours ago, peebag said:

I only saw him play one game - this past year's bowl game against the Huskers - he absolutely destroyed us.  Reminded me of another cat who had a similar game against Nebraska a few years back, Leonard Williams. 

I got a feeling he's going to be a better player in the pros than Garrett .The only problem is going to be where he fits and how he's deployed .

Archived