Brad Kayaa

SR24

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Anyone who thinks the Jets are going to be the team that unearths the next Russell Wilson.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.... seriously....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Was curious as to your previous views (like going into last years draft). So I went and took a look.

To your credit, you've been consistent.  You've been down hard on Watson (for example) from the beginning.  You talked up Trubisky at one point, but not with any passion.

What I do see if you've been a solid supporter of Hackenberg since well before we drafted him.  You (like me as well) liked Cook as well it seemed.

So I suppose if you believe Hack can be "the man", you'd logically not want a QB this year at all. 

You imply you watch alot of college ball, I'm curious what you see in Hack (today) that makes you think he's a legitimate guy those of us who doubt he'll ever come round shold believe in.  Seems this years crap all mostly have better college resumes, far more success, and far less excuses than Hack had last year, but you were (and still are it seems) solid behind Hack.  Why is that?

I'm a biased PSU fan. I loved Hack early on with O'brien but he was awful under Franklin. I was not an advocate for taking Hack in the 1st round last year and I was surprised we took him in the 2nd. My "love" for Hack is more of a "hope" than anything else. If I loved Hack, i wouldn't be advocating for us to tank this year (which you will see in all my posts) to draft Darnold.

Darnold>>>>>>than Hack and it's not even close.

As for Trubisky, he has the Ryan Tannehill feel. I won't mind taking him, but I just haven't seen enough to say "he is our man at #6" but he is a way better QB prospect than Watson and miles ahead of Kizer/Kayaa. Then again, I wasn't high on Dak last year either...

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It should be noted Drob started 5 years 16 games each year and had actual stats, 16 career sacks, most of them with the Jets

people also forget Josh Evans was suspended and that particular draft was very weak (The picks they traded ended us as Michael Bennett and Rex Grossman)

In other words, Drob was no Gholston 

Bradway should have stuck to his words thou . D Rob was a panic move

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

THe bottom line is there's no QB worth taking in the first round and the team already has two unknown, young, talented QBs on the team that were both drafted relatively early enough to garner giving them a shot over whatever's available in this draft. Seeing that there seems to be a consensus in the draft community next year's QB class will be better and the Jets will almost assuredly suck this year it makes perfect ******* sense not adding another young, talented Anomaly to the roster until you see what you have in the two you already have. 

This line of thinking is dumb.  This thread is an example of how dumb it is.  This time last year, Todd McShay was calling Brad Kayaa the 2nd overall pick.  sh*t happens and things change.  Just because the consensus of morons are telling you there is no QB worthy of RD1 doesnt make it true.  These are the same ass hats that had Dak and Wilson rated as 3rd and 5th round talent and Blane Gabbert and Blake Bortles as top 10 picks. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm a biased PSU fan. I loved Hack early on with O'brien but he was awful under Franklin. I was not an advocate for taking Hack in the 1st round last year and I was surprised we took him in the 2nd. My "love" for Hack is more of a "hope" than anything else. If I loved Hack, i wouldn't be advocating for us to tank this year (which you will see in all my posts) to draft Darnold.

Darnold>>>>>>than Hack and it's not even close.

As for Trubisky, he has the Ryan Tannehill feel. I won't mind taking him, but I just haven't seen enough to say "he is our man at #6" but he is a way better QB prospect than Watson and miles ahead of Kizer/Kayaa. Then again, I wasn't high on Dak last year either...

Why do I have this feeling that only Jet fans think Tannehill is terrible .  Right now, I wish we had a QB as good as he is .

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

THe bottom line is there's no QB worth taking at 6 and the team already has two unknown, young, talented QBs on the team that were both drafted relatively early enough to garner giving them a shot over whatever's available in this draft. Seeing that there seems to be a consensus in the draft community next year's QB class will be better and the Jets will almost assuredly suck this year it makes perfect ******* sense not adding another young, talented anomaly to the roster until you see what you have in the two you already have. 

Agreed.  Unless the staff already knows that Petty isn't the answer. In which case, taking another "prospect" is OK. I just don't like taking prospects (Kizer/watson/Trubisky) in the top of the 1st round. Odds are, one of these QBs will pan out. But no one knows which one. There are years when you have question marks rise to the top and you have years where the top QB is a no brainer (Luck/Eli/Cam/Stafford etc..). 

Alex Smith went number 1 overall and no one ever thought he was an elite QB prospect. He just floated to the top in a weak QB class. That is what is happening to the likes of Watson/Trubisky. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

This line of thinking is dumb.  This thread is an example of how dumb it is.  This time last year, Todd McShay was calling Brad Kayaa the 2nd overall pick.  sh*t happens and things change.  Just because the consensus of morons are telling you there is no QB worthy of RD1 doesnt make it true.  These are the same ass hats that had Dak and Wilson rated as 3rd and 5th round talent and Blane Gabbert and Blake Bortles as top 10 picks. 

Cool, then let's just say that if the Jets pick a QB at 6 this year then go 1-15 but pass on a QB #1 overall next year, I will personally hunt you and everyone of your Ilk down with the machete I've been sharpening over the last year.

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Why do I have this feeling that only Jet fans think Tannehill is terrible .  Right now, I wish we had a QB as good as he is .

I don't think he is terrible. I am just not a fan of building my team around him. If I'm using a top 6 pick on a QB, i don't want the guy to become the next Tannehill. Trubisky could be better, he could be worse. It's tough to grade Trubisky off one year (just like it was tough to grade tannehill). 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Cool, then let's just say that if the Jets pick a QB at 6 this year then go 1-15 but pass on a QB #1 overall next year, I will personally hunt you and everyone of your Ilk down with the machete I've been sharpening over the last year.

Why would they do that? 

You dense mother****ers grasping at Kayaa being ranked so high on McShay's board last year, Kizer, Mahomes, Trubisky and even Watson are all underclassmen, the only one taken into consideration as leaving was Watson whom he had ranked higher than Kayaa. Basically Kayaa is right where he's always been besides the influx of underclassmen not yet accounted for.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you think it's a good move to use a top 6 pick on a QB this year, then if the kid struggles (which is likely with all these prospects), cut bait and use the top overall pick on another QB the following year?   

If you think said player is an upgrade over the kid you drafted the year before?  Of course.  Why not?   Nothing else matters.

What's the harm? 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

If you think said player is an upgrade over the kid you drafted the year before?  Of course.  Why not?   Nothing else matters.

What's the harm? 

The impact player at a different position you could have gotten at 6 last year that could help the team. Now you've not only created ridiculous controversy for your franchise, your #1 QB pick this year is surrounded by less talent. Because all you have is back up QBs you've been drafting every year too early, numbnuts. 

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The impact player at a different position you could have gotten at 6 last year that could help the team. Now you've not only created ridiculous controversy for your franchise, your #1 QB pick this year is surrounded by less talent. Because all you have is back up QBs you've been drafting every year too early, numbnuts. 

Nothing else matters, Hess.  If Mac could hold his weight as a "scout/talent evaluator" in later rounds, the cupboard will not be bare for said prospect.

The idea that Jets fans wouldnt be willing to sacrifice a 1st round pick in search of a franchise QB is ******* ludicrous  They're likely to take a S or CB that ends up sucking dick. Legit, sucking dick for a living but that would be cool because it wasnt back to back QB's?  This is a team that has drafted 4 defensive lineman in the 1st in 5 drafts.   That's cool but going QB and QB isnt? 

You're insane.  Literally insane. Not to mention, there is probably a team out there you could trade your sloppy seconds to and you know, get picks and/or more talent. 

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you think it's a good move to use a top 6 pick on a QB this year, then if the kid struggles (which is likely with all these prospects), cut bait and use the top overall pick on another QB the following year?   

I think...

1. Hack Should Start 2017

2. We Should Draft a QB to be Our #2/#3 for 2017.  Where?  Wherever you like/think best.

3. If we go 1-15, we should draft a QB #1 Overall in 2018.

4. We should never have signed McCown.

This is my opinion, and honestly, I'm darned comfortable with it.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nothing else matters, Hess.  If Mac could hold his weight as a "scout/talent evaluator" in later rounds, the cupboard will not be bare for said prospect.

The idea that Jets fans wouldnt be willing to sacrifice a 1st round pick in search of a franchise QB is ******* ludicrous  They're likely to take a S or CB that ends up sucking dick. Legit, sucking dick for a living but that would be cool because it wasnt back to back QB's?  This is a team that has drafted 4 defensive lineman in 5 drafts.   That's cool but going QB and QB isnt? 

You're insane.  Literally insane. Not to mention, there is probably a team out there you could trade your sloppy seconds to and you know, get picks and/or more talent. 

Except the problem is the available talent in this year's draft. Everything I'm reading and seeing says this QB class is crap. That taking one at 6 would be reaching. If they didn't already have two, young somewhat talented, unknown prospects already on the roster, than I would think differently. And yes maybe Watson is a better prospect, but then you're still reaching at 6. It's not the right fit at the right time. Next year should be. 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think...

2. We Should Draft a QB to be Our #2/#3 for 2017.  Where?  Wherever you like/think best.

I agree. But if Hack/Petty are dreadful in camp, you may need a guy like MCcown to help develop the young WRs. But if Hack/Petty are borderline ready, they better get the nod. I just don't want to use the 6th pick this year and the number 1 pick next year on QBs. It's a waste of valuable resources. 

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think...

If I could like this post 10x, I would. 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Except the problem is the available talent in this year's draft. Everything I'm reading and seeing says this QB class is crap. That taking one at 6 would be reaching. If they didn't already have two, young somewhat talented, unknown prospects already on the roster, than I would think differently. And yes maybe Watson is a better prospect, but then you're reaching at 6. It's not the right fit at the right time. Next year should be. 

You're right.  Lets hope 2 QB's that probably have something like a 2% chance of actually hitting as a starter, battle it out and hope for the best.  Therefore, lets pass on a better prospect who some bozo told you wasnt worth the 6th overall pick in hopes that everything works out next year because that same bozo is telling you in 13 months everything is going to be better.

Hope.  Lets just keeping on hoping!!!!  Hope hope hope!!!  Lets hear it for hope!

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I agree. But if Hack/Petty are dreadful in camp, you may need a guy like MCcown to help develop the young WRs. But if Hack/Petty are borderline ready, they better get the nod. I just don't want to use the 6th pick this year and the number 1 pick next year on QBs. It's a waste of valuable resources. 

I don't want to have to spend ANY more picks.  I want Hack (or Petty) to show up and be a Franchise Elite QB.

But I'd rather over-spend and get a long-term guy and have the "problem" of trading one away, than underspend and lower my chances.

Just think how bad the Redskins would have been last year if they went the cheap route 

Brad Kaaya was last year's Sam Darnold 

Example 100 why waiting for next year is never a good idea

I remember people banging table for Taj Gibson one year. Geno Smith too. Hackenberg after his freshman year. Deshaun Watson was a 1 overall this time last year now most people here would die if he's the pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

I remember people banging table for Taj Gibson one year. Geno Smith too. Hackenberg after his freshman year. Deshaun Watson was a 1 overall this time last year now most people here would die if he's the pick.

yup. And what if Darnold and Rosen both suffer injuries? You've tanked for a Sam Bradford prospect who hasn't played all year 

4 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Be patient, in a year we'll have people here screaming that Darnold is a bust-to-be, that we must wait because the class of 2020 is REALLY the class of the century, and that we can't get in the way of teh development of Hack after his one great start (10 for 20 for 87 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT before he got hurt) in the last game of 2017.

Brad Kaaya was last year's Sam Darnold 

Example 100 why waiting for next year is never a good idea

1 minute ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Taj Gibson would be an awesome NFL QB. 6'9 is the perfect height. 

9 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

No way the Bulls were gonna trade Taj to us

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love the guys that act as if guys like Darnold and Rosen are on even playing fields as Watson and Trubisky. Some people are clearly NFL fans and watch very little college football. Look, Watson could be great. Just like Dak turned out to be great. But there are plenty of problems with Watson, one of them being a fairly weak arm playing in northeast in the winter. 

Watson may end up being a franchise QB, or Trubisky, or Mahommes or Kizer. Who knows with this group. They all carry big question marks. It's simply not a great year to draft a QB high. It's a crap shoot. Some years are less of a crap shoot than others. Next year will be a MUCH better year to draft QBs. So I'd rather use the 6th pick on a higher ranked prospect and go after one of the kids next year. 

I am not even advocating the Jets drafting Kayaa. I don't like him, but I'd rather blow a pick on QB in the 4th than a 1st when they are all question marks/projects this year.

i agree they should pass on a qb in the first round and even in the 2nd and their first 3rd round picks.  they really have too many needs that outweigh an early qb selection. they can use the 2nd 3rd round pick or later and get someone like kayaa or peterman.  hopefully san fran or cleveland will take the qb's.  yeah it's wishful thinking but the more the qb's are culled the better chance the jets won't reach.

Be patient, in a year we'll have people here screaming that Darnold is a bust-to-be, that we must wait because the class of 2020 is REALLY the class of the century, and that we can't get in the way of teh development of Hack after his one great start (10 for 20 for 87 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT before he got hurt) in the last game of 2017.
Youre right... Reminds me of riding waves when you're a kid - the next one, or the one AFTER THAT is gonna be huuuge...

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Nobody is down on him.  Hes just not good.  If you project him as a 3rd rounder you would actually be high on him.  Hes a 4th or 5th round talent at best.

lol I forgot what this thread was actually about. Kayaa? Oh yeah, he sucks.

4 hours ago, SR24 said:

Just to be clear, by posting this I'm in no way advocating for taking Kayaa with #6 or even a 3rd lol. I'm just curious why everyone is down on him.

Because if you watched him play, you'd be less than impressed. He looked great for a couple of drives then be AWFUL for the next few. He has the talent but if you can't be consistent in college...

Archived