snacks bmarsh and now nick?

kmnj

so the giants basically are taking away the best the jets have to offer the past two years-it appears giants are going to sign nick to play guard-they might as well get forte and decker as well and just drop the jets from  being a NFL team

fml

Nick's best days are behind him.  He was a great Jet.  Please don't make a big deal out of this.  And Mangold, for all the love around him, was one of the locker room divisive factors, so I hear. 

I'm not usually one to give two sh*ts where/what ex-Jets do.

But if this is true, I'm glad Nick may get to finish out his career in New York, even if it's not with us.

Giants are clearly making a push to get over the hump and win another title.  We're not.  

Best of luck to Nick if the Giants make a run.

Good for them. They've earned it. These guys have spent years here, some more than others, their wives/gfs and kids have friends and a life in the area, makes sense to play for a winner, keep your house, school district and not have to uproot your family. I'd love if they took Forte off of our hands, if for nothing else than to see him play for a winner, guy's earned it. 

The fact that nobody else even bothered with Mangold should tell you everything you need to know...

And McCown is gonna get that much money because that's what Qb's get.  And even that is not even close to starter money in this league.

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Can someone please explain to me why we had to pay Josh McCown $6 million but couldn't just keep Nick Mangold?

I would like to think that the series of moves was out of the goodness of their heart, and that they wanted Nick to actually win something. But the more depressingly realistic version, is that they view him as expendable, but McCown as integral. 

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Can someone please explain to me why we had to pay Josh McCown $6 million but couldn't just keep Nick Mangold?

Because you simply HAVE to have a "Veteran QB".  It says so in Ye Olde 1945 NFL Management Almanac, docha know!

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I would like to think that the series of moves was out of the goodness of their heart, and that they wanted Nick to actually win something. But the more depressingly realistic version, is that they view him as expendable, but McCown as integral. 

So integral we "locked him up" to a one year deal??

One word in my book sums up Mangold. "SOLID". I would have loved to seen him retire a Jet. But in the NFL business is business. On another note I would venture to guess Marshall has a great year with the Giants with Manning at the helm and OBjr on the other side getting the double coverage.

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

so the giants basically are taking away the best the jets have to offer the past two years-it appears giants are going to sign nick to play guard-they might as well get forte and decker as well and just drop the jets from  being a NFL team

fml

the best? hardly. mangold was on the decline and marshall caught maybe 50% of the balls thrown his way.  it's not like they were all off target either.  most bounced off his hands.  snacks was the only one who got away. besides the giaints actually think they are a playoff team.  they might get there but it's also not a lock in that division.

Everybody loves Mangold but people have lost their minds thinking this speaks ill of the front office. Mangold may still be a great mind at center but his injury risk and contract price exceed his performance on the field. You can't do much with a great center who is injured and can't see the field. The days of players retiring on the team that drafted them is pretty much over due to the salary cap and rookie contract structure. 

11 hours ago, HessStation said:

I would actually love to. 

This franchise is complete garbage.

Anything else?

11 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Because you simply HAVE to have a "Veteran QB".  It says so in Ye Olde 1945 NFL Management Almanac, docha know!

Thank you. These were all proper explanations.

Archived