Kraft: Tom Brady willing to play 6 or 7 more years

BurnleyJet

Oh Joy!

Over the past few seasons, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has talked about playing until he's 50 years old, playing until he's 45 years old and playing into his early 40s.

Now, the team's ownership is also giving a window into their 39-year-old MVP's timeline.

"As recently as two, three days ago, he assured me he's willing to play six, seven more years," Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Monday at the Annual League Meeting. "At the level he performed, there is no one who would be happier than I am and our fan base. When you think about it, there's one player at the age of 40 who had one good year: Favre (when he was with) the Vikings.

"I think Tommy's sustained excellence is just unbelievable. It's a lifestyle. He's in training. I remember after our first Super Bowl going down to the trainer in the old Foxboro Stadium three days after we won and he's in there with the music blaring, working out. The thing that's amazing about him, to this day he hasn't changed as a human being in terms of how he relates to people, but also how he works out. The only thing is he changes how he eats, how he diets. I'm not sure avocado ice cream is right for me, so if I can look like him and perform half as well, I guess I'll do it."

Kraft added that he hopes the 64-year-old Bill Belichick coaches into his eighties.

"You see Warren Buffet and Rupert Murdoch, they're in their mid-eighties and performing in a pretty high level, so we're going to keep Bill healthy," Kraft said.

While one seems more possible than the other, it is interesting to see the reaction to every single revelation of a Brady timeline. The NFL has been gifted with their all-time greatest player, who seems to be peaking in his late thirties and rolling into age 40 with renewed vigor, yet fans and media types like myself are obsessed with when it will end.

Over 12 games last year, Brady threw for 3,554 yards, 28 touchdowns and just two interceptions. He threw for 466 yards amid the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history and, this offseason, watched as his team gobbled up one of the best deep threats in football.

Should the six- or seven-year timeline be accurate, we will have to start talking about Brady's career in eras instead of in totality. Of course, there is no way to validate that information or plan around it. Instead, plan on enjoying what you see this season and taking it from there. In reality, that's what the Patriots are doing, anyway.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000795536/article/kraft-tom-brady-willing-to-play-6-or-7-more-years

60e.jpg

IN OTHER NEWS . . .. . ..

ELWAYS AFRAID TO HINT THAT 2017 1st Round pick QB LYNCH STILL NOT READY:

Paxton Lynch - QB -  Broncos

Speaking at the NFL Owners Meetings on Monday, Broncos GM John Elway continued to express confidence in Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian when asked about Denver's interest in Tony Romo.

Officially, Elway can't comment on Romo because he is on another team's roster. "We feel really good about the two young ones we have," Elway insisted. "Trevor did a good job for us last year and Paxton was young. The plan is to stay the course there. ... It'll be a great competition between them in the spring." If the Broncos do truly "stay the course," Siemian will be the favorite to open the season as their starting quarterback.:lol:
Related: Trevor Siemian

Mar 27 - 4:59 PM

So . . . . . . Paxton the 1st Rounder STILL hasn't TAKEN the REIGNS to START for the Broncos after only 1 year!?!?!?!?!?!??!? Seems like Mac screwed the pooch in passing on Paxton in the 1st only to select Hack in the 2nd yet Elway is the genius and Mac the moron when both say "The plan is to stay the course." :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

So . . . . . . Paxton the 1st Rounder STILL hasn't TAKEN the REIGNS to START for the Broncos after only 1 year!?!?!?!?!?!??!? Seems like Mac screwed the pooch in passing on Paxton in the 1st only to select Hack in the 2nd yet Elway is the genius and Mac the moron when both say "The plan is to stay the course." :rolleyes:

Paxton Lynch being terrible doesn't make Hack good. 

Both of these guys stink until proven otherwise. 

As for Tom Brady, science is ridiculous right now. I wouldn't bet against it. 

50 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Oh Joy!

Over the past few seasons, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has talked about playing until he's 50 years old, playing until he's 45 years old and playing into his early 40s.

Now, the team's ownership is also giving a window into their 39-year-old MVP's timeline.

"As recently as two, three days ago, he assured me he's willing to play six, seven more years," Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Monday at the Annual League Meeting. "At the level he performed, there is no one who would be happier than I am and our fan base. When you think about it, there's one player at the age of 40 who had one good year: Favre (when he was with) the Vikings.

"I think Tommy's sustained excellence is just unbelievable. It's a lifestyle. He's in training. I remember after our first Super Bowl going down to the trainer in the old Foxboro Stadium three days after we won and he's in there with the music blaring, working out. The thing that's amazing about him, to this day he hasn't changed as a human being in terms of how he relates to people, but also how he works out. The only thing is he changes how he eats, how he diets. I'm not sure avocado ice cream is right for me, so if I can look like him and perform half as well, I guess I'll do it."

Kraft added that he hopes the 64-year-old Bill Belichick coaches into his eighties.

"You see Warren Buffet and Rupert Murdoch, they're in their mid-eighties and performing in a pretty high level, so we're going to keep Bill healthy," Kraft said.

While one seems more possible than the other, it is interesting to see the reaction to every single revelation of a Brady timeline. The NFL has been gifted with their all-time greatest player, who seems to be peaking in his late thirties and rolling into age 40 with renewed vigor, yet fans and media types like myself are obsessed with when it will end.

Over 12 games last year, Brady threw for 3,554 yards, 28 touchdowns and just two interceptions. He threw for 466 yards amid the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history and, this offseason, watched as his team gobbled up one of the best deep threats in football.

Should the six- or seven-year timeline be accurate, we will have to start talking about Brady's career in eras instead of in totality. Of course, there is no way to validate that information or plan around it. Instead, plan on enjoying what you see this season and taking it from there. In reality, that's what the Patriots are doing, anyway.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000795536/article/kraft-tom-brady-willing-to-play-6-or-7-more-years

blanda played to 50.  i think he did qb a game at 45 but mostly he was a place kicker. steve deberg played into his 40's.  there are a few guys but they just didn't play at a very high level if at all.  imo brady isn't going out like peyton, stinking the joint up.  the bellichicken, if he's still coaching won't let it happen either.  i'm sure he'd pull brady before letting the team lose.  but will garapalo be ready?

Just because Lynch isn't playing yet doesn't mean he's a bust. Rather maybe its the sign of a well run front office that isn't in panic mode and rushing a kid before he is ready. Lynch may win the job outright in Training Camp. I was not in favor of drafting him but to say the guy's a bust is a little early. Posturing is an art form and if the Broncos really want Romo they are playing their cards well. Why trade for him when they could just sign him if and when the 'Boys release him? I expected Romo to be released by now and who knows what they are thinking? Jones probably thinks he can deal him but so far no takers. After the Texans made the Osweiler trade Jones probably thinks he can trade Romo and get some #'s off the cap. Maybe Elway see's Romo's brittle body and isn't willing to take that on. I think its all posturing and eventually Romo will go to either the Texans or Broncos but I doubt the Broncos trade for him. I could see the Texans getting desperate and pulling the trigger though. It will all shake out by the draft I'm sure. The Texans are an example of a team being one player away from Super Bowl contention. Is it Romo? Hard to tell. We will see.

19 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Sure, barring injury why not? He can cement a lot of records playing another 6-7 years. The challenge will be keeping a team around him that can keep him free from injuries. As he gets older each hit is more likely to cause a significant injury. 

YEAH!!!!!!!

Let's GO THROUGH ALL THAT AGAIN!!?!?!?!!??!? :P

X1hBg1.gif

20 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Just because Lynch isn't playing yet doesn't mean he's a bust. Rather maybe its the sign of a well run front office that isn't in panic mode and rushing a kid before he is ready. Lynch may win the job outright in Training Camp. 

Hackenberg Irony

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Great news NE usually cuts or trades its older players...............

Image result for tom brady in a jets uniform

Just for the $hits & giggles of seeing 1/2 the population of this forum LITERALLY have their heads explode and brain fragments shoot through the monitor screen from shock and seeing him in green. It almost happened with Favre. 

He's done now, never mind 6-7 years.

What I saw in the Superbowl was a old aging QB for 3 Qtrs of the game. Credit for the comeback but that's the final mountain peak of performance from Tom Brady.

He'll play this year, maybe next year, that's it. And none of it will be at any peak of performance.

6 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

He's done now, never mind 6-7 years.

What I saw in the Superbowl was a old aging QB for 3 Qtrs of the game. Credit for the comeback but that's the final mountain peak of performance from Tom Brady.

He'll play this year, maybe next year, that's it. And none of it will be at any peak of performance.

So you're saying the pig is ripe for the slaughter?

All the more reason to suck for Sam this year.  One horrible year can then turn into 20 to 30+ years of great QBing.

Darnold will be 20.  With the wussy rules of the NFL now, a QB can easily play until 40.  And I doubt the wussification of the league is gonna stop anytime soon.  So QBs coming into the league now may be able to play into their 50s.

Throw Hack to the flames.  He either succeeds or we do our best to lose every damn game.

F*ck Bill Parcels/Belichick. "F*ck Tom". I hope he plays another 10 years and gets his lungs punctured 10 times in one game. Yeah, we Americans hate a silent protest by a black QB but how does this cheating douche get so much love?

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

F*ck Bill Parcels/Belichick. "F*ck Tom". I hope he plays another 10 years and gets his lungs punctured 10 times in one game. Yeah, we Americans hate a silent protest by a black QB but how does this cheating douche get so much love?

Kaep is black?  If so it's gotta be only a small part.  I'm sure he's more of a mut, like most people, and all will be soon enough.

Archived