Kraft: Tom Brady willing to play 6 or 7 more years

BurnleyJet

Their actions in this FA tells the story. I have never seen them pay so much for players talent in one offseason. The pats know the future is now and the window with brady is closing, I would give Tom 3 more legitimate years of high production but eventually that arm is going to start to loose some of its mustard and he will start throwing ducks out their. Doesn't matter how healthy you are, farther time gets us all.

More likely it means no one is interested in Garopollo. That was the fakest news story of the past year.

I doubt it. there's no way they can't get more than a fourth round pick for him. And a fourth round pick this year is worth a hell of a lot more then whatever comp pick they will get for him in 2019. The only reason it makes any sense at all to keep him is if they're concerned about whether Brady will be back

Sent from my SM-G920T using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, The Walrus said:

He's done now, never mind 6-7 years.

What I saw in the Superbowl was a old aging QB for 3 Qtrs of the game. Credit for the comeback but that's the final mountain peak of performance from Tom Brady.

He'll play this year, maybe next year, that's it. And none of it will be at any peak of performance.

Speedy, tough defense and a STRONG run game will have him retire. Fournette and Powell can keep him on the bench.. Getting the secondary and consistent pressure from the edges will have him retire. I doubt he can throw 60 times every week

I can see him playing 3 years at the most.  Even George Blanda was a kicker half the time when he went through his last few years in the league.  Of course, if teams tackle him like the Jet's did in the last matchup, it wouldn't surprise me if he lasts till he's 50.

I can see him playing 3 years at the most.  Even George Blanda was a kicker half the time when he went through his last few years in the league.  Of course, if teams tackle him like the Jet's did in the last matchup, it wouldn't surprise me if he lasts till he's 50.

It made me wanna throw my TV. On that play run blocking and no one touched him yet he is slower than lineman. That's why he is playing into his 4O's. Oh how much I would have loved to see Leo Williams lay him into next week but no of course we had to watch him just go untouched.
Had he pulled that against the Steelers or Broncos Brady would have been picking himself up in a world of hurt.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, j4jets said:

F*ck Bill Parcels/Belichick. "F*ck Tom". I hope he plays another 10 years and gets his lungs punctured 10 times in one game. Yeah, we Americans hate a silent protest by a black QB but how does this cheating douche get so much love?

Oh boy, this thread is gonna git guuuuuuuud.

3 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I doubt it. there's no way they can't get more than a fourth round pick for him. And a fourth round pick this year is worth a hell of a lot more then whatever comp pick they will get for him in 2019. The only reason it makes any sense at all to keep him is if they're concerned about whether Brady will be back

/

What team do you think is giving up a 4th round pick for this nobody?

12 hours ago, Mike135 said:

All the more reason to suck for Sam this year.  One horrible year can then turn into 20 to 30+ years of great QBing.

Darnold will be 20.  With the wussy rules of the NFL now, a QB can easily play until 40.  And I doubt the wussification of the league is gonna stop anytime soon.  So QBs coming into the league now may be able to play into their 50s.

Throw Hack to the flames.  He either succeeds or we do our best to lose every damn game.

If the bold were true..the Browns would be SB champions at some point.

What team do you think is giving up a 4th round pick for this nobody?

Cleveland, the jets, Texans, 9ers, bills would all do it without a second thought or backwards glance. if you think anything else, you're kidding yourself. but hey - what type of contract do you think he lands as a FA next year. It'll be north of Glennon

7 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Or maybe there's another cheating scandal and he gets suspended again ... who knows? ;-) 

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

With the Jets luck, Tom Brady will literally discover the secret to eternal life and haunt the Jets forever. 

We play them twice a year.  At some point I think we need to account for the other teams in the league.  

15 hours ago, jamesr said:

Did you know, if you Google "pig ripe slaughter", the third result that comes up is a link to the JN forums?

Capture.PNG

I did not, but this is just evidence that Google is very good at determining what is a relevant search result.  Particularly of note is the date on that thread.  September 15, 2009. :)

8 hours ago, Jared said:

I did not, but this is just evidence that Google is very good at determining what is a relevant search result.  Particularly of note is the date on that thread.  September 15, 2009. :)

I'm presuming Google prioritises CAPITAL LETTERS in its search results. :D 

On 3/28/2017 at 0:21 PM, Doggin94it said:

Cleveland, the jets, Texans, 9ers, bills would all do it without a second thought or backwards glance. if you think anything else, you're kidding yourself. but hey - what type of contract do you think he lands as a FA next year. It'll be north of Glennon

Signing a FA is not the equivalent of trading a 4th round pick for a QB who is completely unproven and in the last year of a deal. And no, the teams you listed have plans in place that do not include that guy. The Jets and Bills additionally will not be making trades with the Pats any time soon. If those other team were going to do it, it would already be done. Sorry, but you've bought into hype that the Pats have fed to the media for their own benefit. There are more highly coveted backups in this league than Crapollo, like AJ McCarron.

6 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Signing a FA is not the equivalent of trading a 4th round pick for a QB who is completely unproven and in the last year of a deal. And no, the teams you listed have plans in place that do not include that guy. The Jets and Bills additionally will not be making trades with the Pats any time soon. If those other team were going to do it, it would already be done. Sorry, but you've bought into hype that the Pats have fed to the media for their own benefit. There are more highly coveted backups in this league than Crapollo, like AJ McCarron.

You think so?

Teams pretty commonly draft complementary players in the 4th round. Players they don't necessarily expect to develop into starters, but for whom they have a specific role (punt returning & doubling-up as a 4th-5th WR or CB, for example).

We'll find out in the future what happens to him. While there's no evidence all teams operate rationally, and some have unreasonably optimistic views of every potential draft pick, I'd think risking a 4th round pick is less of an investment on a tryout than guaranteeing someone else's backup $16m/yr for 2 years. They can trade back a handful of slots in round 2 and recoup a 4th round pick if it means so much to them.

But again, we'll see. 

Archived