Per Kimberly Martin: Jets to Sign Colts C Jonotthan Harrison

C Mart

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Good depth signing.  I don't personally think he'll beat out Wesley Johnson for the starting spot, but after the way our O-line got hurt last year, I'd be signing guys left and right.

Doesn't look good for Dozier if the Jets are adding OG/OC types in free agency . Competition is always good if you're building .

helmet.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

Newsday’s Kimberly Martin is reporting that the Jets plan on signing Indianapolis Colts free agent center Jonotthan Harrison.

After cutting ties with long-time center Nick Mangold, Wesley Johnson didn’t have any veteran competition for the starting spot until now.

A four-year veteran, Harrison has played in 44 career games, starting 23 of those.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
dNbjEljMtyA

Click here to read the full story...

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Why all the cynicism?  It's a competition/depth signing.  A heads up for Dozier.  Where is the downside?  Speak up cynics!  

Pretty much set in stone.  Anyone who isn't an early 20's pro-bowl player is a waste of a roster spot.

As the offensive line guy writing weekly articles for footballguys (cough cough shameless self promotion) this person is familiar to me, primarily due to how difficult it is to spell their first name. I like can't do it without a cut and paste

as for the player himself he's an undersized sometimes starter at center who the Colts thought so highly of that they replaced him with a first round pick (Kelly). Harrison gets spot starts at guard or whatever when people get hurt. I don't think Wesley Johnson is that much better (or worse) they could let them fight it out in camp. 

most likely on this team he's the first interior sub off the bench, at either guard spot or center. Yes Dozier is on notice, which shouldn't be that surprising, as these guys have no ties to Dozier. 

24 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Why all the cynicism?  It's a competition/depth signing.  A heads up for Dozier.  Where is the downside?  Speak up cynics!  

I agree. Jet fans are ridiculous...

"Don't sign any big name overpriced Free Agents! Jets are rebuilding! We're gonna suck anyway this year!"

"Who the heck are we signing?! Who is this nobody scrub! What a waste! Why are we signing nobodies." 

Just wait until the draft- EVERYONE Macc selects will be labeled a bust before he steps off the podium. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I agree. Jet fans are > jets-fans-demotivational-poster-12541985...

"Don't sign any big name overpriced Free Agents! Jets are rebuilding! We're gonna suck anyway this year!"

"Who the heck are we signing?! Who is this nobody scrub! What a waste! Why are we signing nobodies." 

Just wait until the draft- EVERYONE Macc selects will be labeled a bust before he steps off the podium. 

FIXED ^ ^       ;)

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

There's a certain percentage of sophmoric dumbasses on every internet discussion board who compete to see who can post the most moronic crap the quickest in every thread.   

It's a competition/depth signing.

As, it seems, is almost every other player currently on our roster.

The black hole of talent is stunning.

And the talent we do have has attitude and motivation and lol****Bowles problems.

So you'll simply have to forgive the cynicism.  Doesn't make it a bad pickup.  It's just like most of our recent pickups, utterly and completely uninspiring JAG level guys.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As, it seems, is almost every other player currently on our roster.

The black hole of talent is stunning.

And the talent we do have has attitude and motivation and lol****Bowles problems.

So you'll simply have to forgive the cynicism.  Doesn't make it a bad pickup.  It's just like most of our recent pickups, utterly and completely uninspiring JAG level guys.

typical . . . . grumpy-old-man-350.jpg

It is a good signing as you have to build a foundation. This is what rebuilding looks like! Just shows to me that fans have no patience when it comes to building the right way otherwise they wouldn't ridicule it.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

As the offensive line guy writing weekly articles for footballguys (cough cough shameless self promotion) this person is familiar to me, primarily due to how difficult it is to spell their first name. I like can't do it without a cut and paste

as for the player himself he's an undersized sometimes starter at center who the Colts thought so highly of that they replaced him with a first round pick (Kelly). Harrison gets spot starts at guard or whatever when people get hurt. I don't think Wesley Johnson is that much better (or worse) they could let them fight it out in camp. 

most likely on this team he's the first interior sub off the bench, at either guard spot or center. Yes Dozier is on notice, which shouldn't be that surprising, as these guys have no ties to Dozier. 

I think his last name is spelled Haarrrrisssson.

Archived