Jamal Adams and Tre'Davious White

JetFanatic

35 minutes ago, varjet said:

There is no choice but to take Trubisky, or at least threaten to and trade it.  

If somebody actually wanted Trubisky wouldn't they already have traded up to the Titans?  I hope Allen goes before us because we sure don't need another one, but Thomas should be right in our wheelhouse. 

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If somebody actually wanted Trubisky wouldn't they already have traded up to the Titans?

Why would they do that now?  We're weeks away from the draft, and the "where does Watson/Trubisky go" question is still VERY muddy.

If a trade-up to get either player happens, it'll likely happen on draft day.  The odds of such a move go up the further either guy falls.  

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why would they do that now?  We're weeks away from the draft, and the "where does Watson/Trubisky go" question is still VERY muddy.

If a trade-up to get either player happens, it'll likely happen on draft day.  The odds of such a move go up the further either guy falls.  

Who needs a QB more than the Jets?  If you want Trubisky, why do you wait until the Jets slot?  Unless you think you are getting a bargain, which none of us want.  

On 3/28/2017 at 1:15 PM, BCJet said:

So because our offense isnt good, which is mainly due to putrid QB play, we should force offensive players as picks?  How does that make any logical sense.

Indeed, why on earth would we want to improve our offense!  More First Round D Tackles please!

We have a young stable of WRs to pair with Decker - Enunwa, Peake, Anderson, Devin Smith.   Enunwa is already a very good player and should get extended. After that, one of Peake/Anderson/Smith and even Jalin Marshall should become productive players.  

Lets be clear here:

1. Decker is at best a #2, and he's a china egg out there.  And he may be gone before the season starts.

2. Enunwa has a one-year resume as a solid possession #2. Not bad for a 6th rounder in his third season.

3. Anderson is the single most over-rated Jets #3 player since Danny Woodhead.  Counting on ultra-skinny UDFA in his 2nd year?  Really?

4. Devin Smith is a bust, he's barely seen the field, and when he did, he did nothing.

5. J. Marshall is a fumbler of no material account.  Another UDFA rookie Jets Fans think is a potential Chris Carter waiting to happen.  

This is NOT in any form an impressive unit, or a unit full of highly touted prospects.  Any optimism here is pure projection, it's not (yet) fact.

Not to mention we have a literal negative amount of pass-catching talent at the Tight End position.

Our problem is QB and this is not the draft to take one at 6.

Perhaps not.  But the two rated that high would both be materially better prospects than Hack ever was.

We have major needs in the secondary, specifically at safety

No Safety is worth the #6 pick.  Ever.  Their effect on wins/losses can never justify a pick that high.

And this if we're sure he'll work out.  Or have you already forgotten first round Safety Calvin Pryor, who folks have already seemingly given up on?

Two safeties in the 1st round in three years, but the last first round QB we took (our biggest weakness) was in 2009, 8 years ago?  Insanity.

The Offense is desperate for help.  Literally desperate, after years of exactly the kind of undervaluing you're doing here.  Where "Draft BAP" always seems to mean "Draft a D-Lineman, who cares if we have 3 already!"

God sake, give the O some help!

Of course, you want to start McCown, so I certainly don't expect you to care about the Offense....

On 3/28/2017 at 1:38 PM, Lupz27 said:

Yeah if you take Adams that's the end of Pryor, you try and trade him for anything day 3.  Don't make the mistake of playing a stud like Adams out of position hampering his development.  Then that brings us to the next problem which is there is no FS on the Jets now, well a true FS that is actually capable of starting, and not being a complete disaster.

I'd even consider Budda Baker in 2nd, or a FS prospect in 3rd.

I'd prefer Hooker in 1st for Jets, and let Pryor finish out his 4th year on his rookie deal, and draft a CB in Rd 2 then grab TE, OL, and/or RB in Rd 3.

Another FS I really like in this draft, Marcus Williams. Hoping he will drop to us in the 3rd, and we take best EDGE top of round 2, after Hooker if available in the first.

53 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Another FS I really like in this draft, Marcus Williams. Hoping he will drop to us in the 3rd, and we take best EDGE top of round 2, after Hooker if available in the first.

So you want to draft Defense in Rounds 1, 2 and 3 then?

3 hours ago, varjet said:

There is no choice but to take Trubisky, or at least threaten to and trade it.  

There are so many players in this draft that I'm OK with at 6.  Trubisky is far from one of them unfortunately.  I pray they pass up on him.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

That scenario would be just like 2015 when Leo fell to 6.  Jonathan Allen and Solomon Thomas are ranked right up in the top 5 almost everywhere. 

And I pray those two guys are taken in the top 5.  That'll essentially leave us looking at guys like Adams, Hooker, Fournette, Howard...

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

So you want to draft Defense in Rounds 1, 2 and 3 then?

If thats how the board falls yea. Its a defensive heavy draft. Just like in 2014 I wantes us to draft a wr and qb in the first two rounds. 

This team needs a complete overhaul. We need guys who are going to be productive for a decade. 

Having said that, if the board falls in a way  that we draft OJ in the 1st, Engram or Butt in the 3rd, and a rb in the 3rd I'd be very happy with that too.

On 3/28/2017 at 10:12 AM, JetFanatic said:

For the people who aren't big into college football these two were the starting safety (Adams) and cornerback (White) for LSU this past season.  LSU had a top 5 defense in terms of yards allowed in all of college football and they were standouts on that defense.  I happened to stumble across these guys on NFL Total Access and they seem like good kids and are very talented.  It's a real possibility that the Jets have a shot at picking Adams at 6 and then picking White with their 2nd round pick.  Would anyone be on board for that?  Especially when the familiarity they already have with each other it could be an added bonus for the secondary. 

Check my fanspeak mock 2.0 - those were my first 2 picks. I hope Adams falls to 6.... could be a once in a generation type talent 

2 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Check my fanspeak mock 2.0 - those were my first 2 picks. I hope Adams falls to 6.... could be a once in a generation type talent 

It's very possible.  If he's there at 6 it better be a no-brainer for them to grab this kid.  Stud.

3 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Tre'Davious. My question is if women try to one up themselves for naming rights in the maternity ward 

1. I like White for the Jets in round 2 if he's there. 

Instructions for names:

take common first name, like David/dave.  

Shorten it to Da and add vious or tavis to the end.  Optional: precede the name with an apostrophe'd one-syllable partial or non-name (like Tre' ) Jordan = Jordavius.  Martin = Martavis.  Daniel = Danavius or  Tre'Danavious.

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

1. I like White for the Jets in round 2 if he's there. 

Instructions for names:

take common first name, like David/dave.  

Shorten it to Da and add vious or tavis to the end.  Optional: precede the name with an apostrophe'd one-syllable partial or non-name (like Tre' ) Jordan = Jordavius.  Martin = Martavis.  Daniel = Danavius or  Tre'Danavious.

That's a logical fallacy. Besides, how is Laveranues Coles pronounced Laverneus? How the f is Favre pronounced Farve? Are we all unmitigated retards? 

1 minute ago, jetophile said:

That's a logical fallacy. Besides, how is Laveranues Coles pronounced Laverneus? How the f is Favre pronounced Farve? Are we all unmitigated retard? 

1 minute ago, jetophile said:

That's a logical fallacy. Besides, how is Laveranues Coles pronounced Laverneus? How the f is Favre pronounced Farve? Are we all unmitigated retard? 

I don't know.  Maybe it was the hospital's best attempt to put the name on the birth certificate.  Maybe that's how the mother spelled it.. 

40 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

My wife's ex-husband has a brother whose wife's name is Lavoris...for real...those people are country as hell...

Get out. At least you're thirty times removed. You're such a good egg -  especially for not going all Shaun King on me. 

On 3/28/2017 at 9:12 AM, JetFanatic said:

For the people who aren't big into college football these two were the starting safety (Adams) and cornerback (White) for LSU this past season.  LSU had a top 5 defense in terms of yards allowed in all of college football and they were standouts on that defense.  I happened to stumble across these guys on NFL Total Access and they seem like good kids and are very talented.  It's a real possibility that the Jets have a shot at picking Adams at 6 and then picking White with their 2nd round pick.  Would anyone be on board for that?  Especially when the familiarity they already have with each other it could be an added bonus for the secondary. 

We need more defense, so this checks.

Archived