"Sometimes you're late to work. It's life. It's not life threatening ... Sometimes your alarm clock isn't going to go off."- Todd Bowles

Matt39

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

No. Because you're not even going to have a life-saving surgery unless there is a surgeon on-site who is telling you he can save your life right then and there with surgery. 

Your premise makes no sense.

So if there's no surgeon (running late for example), that situation where a surgery is required, can become a life threatening situation, right? 

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sometimes when I fart, poop comes out.  That's life.  It's not life threatening. Sometimes poop comes out when you least expect it. 

We didn't re-sign Geno ... The Giants signed him !

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

100 times? Meh... 5-10 times max. 

Plus, the Giants didn't win after the 1985 season. They won after the 1986 season. Maybe if dumbass Parcells hadn't allowed LT to smoke crack in '85 they would have won. 

Even Butt-crackless ... LT & crew would not have been able to beat the '85 Bears 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am no Bowles fan but you guys are doing the whole stupid "twitter" reaction nonsense. Everything is a fuc&*^ing outrage these days. Are you guys 12? 

Personally, I'm not at all outraged.  I expect Bowles to make those kind of idiotic comments.  makes my life less stressful.

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sometimes you get blown out by 30 points.  That's life. It's not life threatening.  Sometimes the other team is just 30 points better than you. 

Sometimes you're just a defensive backs coach who never, ever learns to discipline anyone because you're just a defensive backs coach.

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am no Bowles fan but you guys are doing the whole stupid "twitter" reaction nonsense. Everything is a fuc&*^ing outrage these days. Are you guys 12? 

I'd usually agree but in this case fans have a right to be annoyed. You had high priced guys completely mail it in last year combined with season ticket holders that attended that Colts debacle now listening to the coach say being late isnt that big of a deal? Cmon...

This is a terrible care-free attitude by Bowles and a shocking statement from  a modern day coach.  Could you imagine Belechick ever saying something like that???  This guy is a clown and we're going to have to suffer through another year of his lack of leadership. One of the main jobs of a modern day coach in any sport is to keep their players motivated!  This guy doesn't get it.

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sometimes you get blown out by 30 points.  That's life. It's not life threatening.  Sometimes the other team is just 30 points better than you. 

Sometimes your entire defense quits.  That's life.  It's not life threatening.  Sometimes players just feel like "eh, why bother" and well...good for them.

Just now, HessStation said:

Dear God please stop

Why? How would a surgeon being late ever be a life threatening situation?

Even if a doctor knew the exact moment that a person's medical condition would kill them, would he ever schedule a surgery for the last possible moment so if by some cosmic chance he got stuck in traffic his patient would die? It makes no sense. 

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I didn't really think of Bowles as a complete idiot until I heard those comments, I gotta be honest. 

I was thinking, not a great HC, not yet, but he seems smart and could eventually be one. Those comments actual took down my overarching opinion of him a solid 46-50 notches.

36 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm calling bullsh*t.

Parcells "let" LT smoke crack for the entire 1985 season.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lt-over-the-edge-642605/ 

He rarely practiced and one time he showed up to a walk through still wearing the handcuffs from the holding cell the night before 

And if memory serves he never benched him once. 

This idea that Bowles is a soft coach, who let players do whatever it's absolute bullsh*t. 

HE LEARNED FROM PARCELLS!

This is how the league works, stars do what they want and coaches make 10x less than the stars.  

In fact, the benching of Mo and Sheldon for 1 quarter is more discipline than Parcells showed LT in 10 years 

What I find HILARIOUS, and so self-righteous about those who do, are the fans WHO KNOW EXACTLY how Bowles is as a person and HC.

That is LAUGHABLE.

Bowles, himself, has stated that he puts on an act for the NY press and that he will not acquiesce like a whiny little girl as Rex did.

Players and Bowles have admitted he goes APE $hit on the players BEHIND closed doors. His attitude and response to the NY press is fine and BOY o BOY are there suckers here who fall for it and take him as complete moron. Is he IN OVER HIS HEAD, perhaps, but he's also putting on an act and the LOT of you lollipops are buying it. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Why? How would a surgeon being late ever be a life threatening situation?

Even if a doctor knew the exact moment that a person's medical condition would kill them, would he ever schedule a surgery for the last possible moment so if by some cosmic chance he got stuck in traffic his patient would die? It makes no sense. 

What if Mr. high paid surgeon showed up late and then just decided to stop the operation because he was over it and the patient dies.  And then the surgeon meets all the staff who was trying to save the poor souls life in the break room only to give them a tongue lashing on effort.

Riddle me that, Klacko.

I

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm calling bullsh*t.

Parcells "let" LT smoke crack for the entire 1985 season.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lt-over-the-edge-642605/ 

He rarely practiced and one time he showed up to a walk through still wearing the handcuffs from the holding cell the night before 

And if memory serves he never benched him once. 

This idea that Bowles is a soft coach, who let players do whatever it's absolute bullsh*t. 

HE LEARNED FROM PARCELLS!

This is how the league works, stars do what they want and coaches make 10x less than the stars.  

In fact, the benching of Mo and Sheldon for 1 quarter is more discipline than Parcells showed LT in 10 years 

LT was also arguably one of the best football players ever! If mo or Sheldon played half that well nobody would gIve a crap what they did at practice. Problem is they acted like that and at the same time they sucked donkey balls during games. 

Archived