Hasson Reddick

BCJet

Apparently NFL.com's Lance Zierlein feels that Reddick could go as high as #5 overall due to his ability to "bend the edge" and also play in space.

While he seems like a good prospect with respect to his speed, can anyone explain how this guy is going to hold up on the LOS at 237 lbs?  Granted he is a bit more stout at 6'1 then Barkevious Mingo who also weighs around 240 but at 6'4, but how is 237 going to hold up when he has to play the run?

If he was an ILB or 4-3 OLB who was going to cover (similar to Darren Lee) then it would make sense, but t seems to me like his size is a big detriment since he is going to be playing on the LOS.

Just curious other people's thoughts.

7 hours ago, thadude said:

Other than the jets no other team is stupid enough to use a top 10 pick on Reddick

And I like Reddick but he's matthias Kiwanuka

Kiwanuka actually played at around 265-270 lbs and had an excellent career.

21 hours ago, BCJet said:

Apparently NFL.com's Lance Zierlein feels that Reddick could go as high as #5 overall due to his ability to "bend the edge" and also play in space.

While he seems like a good prospect with respect to his speed, can anyone explain how this guy is going to hold up on the LOS at 237 lbs?  Granted he is a bit more stout at 6'1 then Barkevious Mingo who also weighs around 240 but at 6'4, but how is 237 going to hold up when he has to play the run?

If he was an ILB or 4-3 OLB who was going to cover (similar to Darren Lee) then it would make sense, but t seems to me like his size is a big detriment since he is going to be playing on the LOS.

Just curious other people's thoughts.

Hassan Reddick is going to play inside lb in the NFL.  He will either be inside lb in 3-4 or will be Weakside  lb in 4-3.  The Raiders drafted a Cory James last year.  Playing De in college he's very good getting off of blocks. ( has to learn a new position- but very high on the player going forward ) .    

I expect to see Reddick excel at getting off blocks too for he played de, and have to see how long it takes for him to transition to a new position.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Hassan Reddick is going to play inside lb in the NFL.  He will either be inside lb in 3-4 or will be Weakside  lb in 4-3.  The Raiders drafted a Cory James last year.  Playing De in college he's very good getting off of blocks. ( has to learn a new position- but very high on the player going forward ) .    

I expect to see Reddick excel at getting off blocks too for he played de, and have to see how long it takes for him to transition to a new position.

Vegas Baby Vegas!

Archived