Fanspeak Mock Draft 2.0

BklynJetsFan85

I've done a sh*tload more mocks... I've gone back over our needs, what could help us where... taken into consideration who the Jets have been looking at and did the best I could as far as value vs need. I know some of you won't agree with the 2 WRs back to back but i really like both of them, and i think with rumors of Decker's release or trade floating - why not? Do i think the jets will do it in the draft? - probably not, do i think they will draft at least 1 WR - yes. I couldn't choose so yea. 

1. R1P6

JAMAL ADAMS

LSU

2: R2P7
 CB TRE'DARIOUS WHITE
LSU

3: R3P6
WR JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER
USC

4: R3P43
 WR CHRIS GODWIN
PENN STATE

5: R5P6
 QB DAVIS WEBB
CALIFORNIA

6: R6P7
 TE JONNU SMITH
FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

7: R7P6
 OT JYLAN WARE
ALABAMA STATE

6: R1P6

RB LEONARD FOURNETTE
LSU
39: R2P7

EDGE T.J. WATT
WISCONSIN
70: R3P6

BUDDA BAKER
WASHINGTON
107: R3P43

CB SIDNEY JONES
WASHINGTON
150: R5P6

WR RYAN SWITZER
NORTH CAROLINA
191: R6P7

OT CONOR MCDERMOTT
UCLA
224: R7P6

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

15 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Draft. A. Running. Back. In. The. Middle. Rounds. It's. a. Huge. Need. 

Went slightly different on approach - been looking at other prospects, a lot of guys i like, so this one was a bit tougher in choosing - took me a good 30min to do

S JAMAL ADAMS
LSU

CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE - Like this guy a lot, Good combo of size/speed, good instincts, man cover corner... only knock is incosistent tackler BUT has special teams ability, http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/chidobe-awuzie?id=2557840
COLORADO

RB D'ONTA FOREMAN - Here's your RB, was best RB on board. 
TEXAS

CB SIDNEY JONES - I understand he hurt himself during either combine or was it his pro day? This guy is too good to pass up at this spot, http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/sidney-jones?id=2557958
WASHINGTON

TE GEORGE KITTLE 
IOWA

C JON TOTH
KENTUCKY

WR MACK HOLLINS - tall and serious deep threat type speed, a lil bit small, but the size/speed cant be ignored... very raw, but it's a 7th round pick, there's good potential here http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/mack-hollins?id=2558262
NORTH CAROLINA

May have to copy paste links to browser... for some reason not working directly

Greatest draft ever!!!!

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P6
EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD

TE EVAN ENGRAM
MISSISSIPPI

CB TEEZ TABOR
FLORIDA

CB SIDNEY JONES
WASHINGTON

WR RYAN SWITZER
NORTH CAROLINA

RB ELIJAH HOOD
NORTH CAROLINA

OT AVERY GENNESY
TEXAS A&M

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Greatest draft ever!!!!

YOUR PICKS
EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD

TE EVAN ENGRAM
MISSISSIPPI

CB TEEZ TABOR
FLORIDA

CB SIDNEY JONES
WASHINGTON

WR RYAN SWITZER
NORTH CAROLINA

RB ELIJAH HOOD
NORTH CAROLINA

OT AVERY GENNESY
TEXAS A&M

i really dont get the Solomon love for 6th overall....the 6th overall should look like a men among boys...look at the game against Wash which is a good team and it wont get easier in NFL

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/solomon-thomas-vs-washington-2016/

33 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i really dont get the Solomon love for 6th overall....the 6th overall should look like a men among boys...look at the game against Wash which is a good team and it wont get easier in NFL

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/solomon-thomas-vs-washington-2016/

So one game?  lol

Do you want me to post the game vs. UNC where he was all over the field? 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

So one game?  lol

Do you want me to post the game vs. UNC where he was all over the field? 

yes 1 game lol and i saw the UNC game too and others.  My point is Wash has good off line much like he will face in NFL.

I didnt even mention the fact that he is a hand in the dirt DE who would need to convert to a stand up 3/4 OLB for jets and rop back into coverage once in a while unless you feel he is replace Leo or Mo?

hmm last time the jets drafted someone like him and tried to convert them to OLB ...hmmm who was that i forget.

btw - i do think he is a good player and should be drafted but not for jets to be OLB

28 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

yes 1 game lol and i saw the UNC game too and others.  My point is Wash has good off line much like he will face in NFL.

I didnt even mention the fact that he is a hand in the dirt DE who would need to convert to a stand up 3/4 OLB for jets and rop back into coverage once in a while unless you feel he is replace Leo or Mo?

hmm last time the jets drafted someone like him and tried to convert them to OLB ...hmmm who was that i forget.

btw - i do think he is a good player and should be drafted but not for jets to be OLB

He may not go that early because of size but I'm not sure where you're getting the rest from.  They lined him up all over the field and has a ton of pass rush moves.  The kid plays violent but can throw multiple different attacks at you.  He's tenacious, never stops moving, led the team in tackles, sacks and tackles for loss, ff, and recoveries.  He's quick, he's explosive, he checks all the boxes from a testing standpoint you want in an edge rusher.  Sure, he may struggle in coverage but lets be real, so does any edge rusher who is asked to cover sans maybe Von Miller.  That said, he's got the athleticism to do so if needed.  Lets put it this way, I would much rather have him playing OLB and asking him to cover than Sheldon Richardson. 

Truth is, he's probably a better fit in the 4-3 but this was some silly online thingy that I thought he was the BAP based on the way it went but I wouldnt be upset with the pick either.  He's going to be a good pro.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

He may not go that early because of size but I'm not sure where you're getting the rest from.  They lined him up all over the field and has a ton of pass rush moves.  The kid plays violent but can throw multiple different attacks at you.  He's tenacious, never stops moving, led the team in tackles, sacks and tackles for loss, ff, and recoveries.  He's quick, he's explosive, he checks all the boxes from a testing standpoint you want in an edge rusher.  Sure, he may struggle in coverage but lets be real, so does any edge rusher who is asked to cover sans maybe Von Miller.  That said, he's got the athleticism to do so if needed.  Lets put it this way, I would much rather have him playing OLB and asking him to cover than Sheldon Richardson. 

Truth is, he's probably a better fit in the 4-3 but this was some silly online thingy that I thought he was the BAP based on the way it went but I wouldnt be upset with the pick either.  He's going to be a good pro.

where am I getting it from? watching him play and reading the scouting reports like everyone else

I agree he would be better than SR that is if SR was really an OLB but he rarely is....when SR on the field he is playing DE or DT and maybe rare occasion you can call it OLB but everyone knows he is not a 300lb OLB.  Each team is required to publish a depth chart all season long.  Since they cannot and will not list him over Leo and Mo they list him as OLB over Mauldin.  If Leo or Mo are hurt they list him as RDE or LDE during those games.  I hope they get rid of him because a lot of time to get him on field they are moving Leo to NT which is a waste but i digress.

I also agree he is good player and should get drafted high and be decent in right circumstances I just hope it is not the jets.

I am god's gift to fanspeak:

team-helmets-jets.png 
YOUR TEAM
NEW YORK JETS
YOUR PICKS

TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA

CB QUINCY WILSON
FLORIDA

EDGE CHARLES HARRIS
MISSOURI

CB SIDNEY JONES
WASHINGTON

WR DEDE WESTBROOK
OKLAHOMA

S XAVIER WOODS
LOUISIANA TECH

RB JALEN HURD
TENNESSEE

This may be my last one, because if this draft happens I would be loving it:

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT

RB LEONARD FOURNETTE
LSU

TE EVAN ENGRAM
MISSISSIPPI

EDGE CHARLES HARRIS
MISSOURI

ETHAN POCIC
LSU

CB CORN ELDER
MIAMI

OT CONOR MCDERMOTT
UCLA

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

On 4/2/2017 at 5:12 PM, NYDreamer said:

RB LEONARD FOURNETTE
LSU

EDGE T.J. WATT
WISCONSIN

BUDDA BAKER
WASHINGTON

CB SIDNEY JONES
WASHINGTON

WR RYAN SWITZER
NORTH CAROLINA

OT CONOR MCDERMOTT
UCLA

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

Fournette isnt my favorite, but i would not fight if he was the pick. However, if you give me 

Watt, Baker, Jones, Switzer....where do I sign. 

Switzer is the easiest pick in the draft. I cant remember a kid with his skillset being this unheralded. Punt return expert, YAC, best route runner. You put him on the field and give him the ball, he will make plays. 

2 hours ago, ATX Jetsfan said:

Fournette isnt my favorite, but i would not fight if he was the pick. However, if you give me 

Watt, Baker, Jones, Switzer....where do I sign. 

Switzer is the easiest pick in the draft. I cant remember a kid with his skillset being this unheralded. Punt return expert, YAC, best route runner. You put him on the field and give him the ball, he will make plays. 

I agree, Switzer is very easy guy to root for and is a baller.

Archived