Grade the Pick @6: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech

Patrick Mahomes?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets selected Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes with the 6th pick, I would give it a grade of.....

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • D+
    • D
    • D-
    • F+
    • F
    • F-

I wanted to give it a FFF rating, but there was only a F-.

I would quit on this team if they drafted a fringe 2nd round QB PROSPECT, the key word being PROSPECT, with the #6 overall.  It would eclipse Vernon Gholsten in legend 50 years from now.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Hack was picked 51st, Manuel like 20. Not even close. And, by the way, Hack can play, Manuel is a bum.

98% of the evidence we have seen so far is that Hack can't play at all.  There was that one td throw thus the 2%

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

My dream is to trade down to the teens, pick up one of the top playmakers left and use our newly acquired 2nd round pick to snag mahomes and our regular 2nd rounder for whatever we planned on before. 

So in 2 rounds you get one of the bpas, your second rounder and a very intriguing qb prospect that can air it out in a throw happy league

• Upvote 1

No - and I repeat NO - QB in this draft is worth a top-15 pick. Cleveland will probably take Trubisky or Watson at 12 but they are the Browns, so take it for what it is. I would go with McCown - or whoever wins the "QB competition" until he gets injured or the team is five games under .500. Then I would throw Hackenberg into the deep end of the pool and say sink or swim. I don't give two doggie doughnuts about rumors that Hack sucks, I want to see it for myself.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like we would be reaching taking mahomes in round 2 honestly...this isn't a good draft for qbs and he isn't the top of a bad qb class. If he is still available with our second third round pick he might be worth a thought otherwise we have other holes to fill with better prospects.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bealeb319 said:

I feel like we would be reaching taking mahomes in round 2 honestly...this isn't a good draft for qbs and he isn't the top of a bad qb class. If he is still available with our second third round pick he might be worth a thought otherwise we have other holes to fill with better prospects.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Mahomes is likely to be gone before the first pick of the 2nd round.  And you want him in the very late 3rd round.  /lol

• Upvote 1