Bowles is the biggest part of the problem, not the solution.

DonCorleone

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

When multiple people have this delusion, is it a delusion?  The delusion used to be that the world was round.

Yes, it is.  

Your second sentence is both incorrect and doesn't actually make a point. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If you read what I said, I'm looking at the definition of "sh*tting the bed". Almost .500 is not sh*tting the bed record-wise. 

sh*tting the bed is crap. Almost .500 is mediocre. Unlike a lot of people here, mediocrity doesn't really scare me because most of the time, the Super Bowl is won by a mediocre team that gets hot and lucky. I don't think last year's Pats team was great, personnel -wise. But they got hot and they got lucky.

They were ******* 14-2.  Is crack still a thing?

Regarding Bowles, It's hard to believe a better all-star amazing coach with a household name everyone recognizes gets many more wins out of this horse crap roster. 

maybe Belly gets more wins with more cheating but seriously let's not pretend like Bowles is holding these guys back from greatness. 

Just now, thadude said:

Amazing how one dumb quote by Bowles has the media and some (less knowledgable) jets fans realizing how unqualified this guy is to be a NFL Head Coach

When you win 10 games your first season, regardless of how it's done, you're going to be looked at as a qualified head coach. That's basically it. No matter how much of a mirage it might be.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Regarding Bowles, It's hard to believe a better all-star amazing coach with a household name everyone recognizes gets many more wins out of this horse crap roster. 

maybe Belly gets more wins with more cheating but seriously let's not pretend like Bowles is holding these guys back from greatness. 

How anyone can watch Bowles last season and not see how lost this guy is is beyond my comprehension

When you win 10 games your first season, regardless of how it's done, you're going to be looked at as a qualified head coach. That's basically it. No matter how much of a mirage it might be.

And when you sh-t the bed the following season with a roster looking like they are falling asleep on the field you lose credibility

Just now, thadude said:

And when you sh-t the bed the following season with a roster looking like they are falling asleep on the field you lose credibility

Yes, but then you're just back to even. You're not in the negative. Same thing with MAccagnan.

You have one good year and one bad year. Third year will tell

Just now, thadude said:

People were saying he deserved another year.  He didnt

He did deserve it because he did well the first year. I've asked this question before and no one has given me an answer. Name a coach who in his first year wins double digit number of games and in his second year gets fired, without off the field influence

Bowles and Mac will be gone after next season

maybe you guys are right and this 0-16 Sh-tshow is what we need to get Sam Darnold.  Ofcourse if I'm Darnold and I'm seeing this idiotic ownership and a team going 0-16 I'm saying "hey maybe I hang out with the cheerleaders here in USC my senior year"

NtHe did deserve it because he did well the first year. I've asked this question before and no one has given me an answer. Name a coach who in his first year wins double digit number of games and in his second year gets fired, without off the field influence

Any organization with semi-decent management and self-respect fires Bowles after last season

Just now, thadude said:

Any organization with semi-decent management and self-respect fires Bowles after last season

No. Panicky organizations like the Browns and 49ers fire him after last year.

The Giants had the same thing with Parcells and they hung on to him.

And you haven't answered my question

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

You simply cannot have a coach and GM on equal footing unless the coach has won the big one in the past.  Like Idzik Mac is saddle iwth a guy who is not 'his guy' and like Idzik, Rex had an 8-8 year that made it tough to get rid of him.

Bowles thinks he is being a tough coach but also a players coach by deflecting stuff away from some players but in reality it seems these guys are walking all over him.

He is also either dumb and naive or a bad liar, I don't think he is that dumb but he is a bad liar.  Saying after a couple of our worst games last year that the effort was there but not the execution and seeing highlights of players out right loafing makes him look like he has no idea what he is talking about.

Why do you give Macc a pass? He is not any brighter. Just look at this years QB's and last ears roster. Stop with this sh1t already

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No. Panicky organizations like the Browns and 49ers fire him after last year.

The Giants had the same thing with Parcells and they hung on to him.

And you haven't answered my question

This organization is a joke.  Enjoy the kool-aid

3 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Why do you give Macc a pass? He is not any brighter. Just look at this years QB's and last ears roster. Stop with this sh1t already

Mac better relearn how to fetch Starbucks orders because he will be doing that a year from now in Houston

2 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

Todd Bowles not concerned with Jets' tardiness: 'Sometimes you're late to work'

Jets host Bills final game of 2016 season
New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles on the sideline as the Jets beat the Bills, 30-10, in the final game of the 2016 season. 1/1/17 (Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Connor Hughes | NJ Advance Media for NJ.comBy Connor Hughes | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on March 29, 2017 at 10:45 AM, updated March 29, 2017 at 10:46 AM

PHOENIX -- The Jets were a mess in 2016. There's no other way to put. But it wasn't just on the field where they had their struggles. Off it, things were just as ugly. 

Among the many, many issues -- locker room turmoil, drama, lack-of leadership -- the Jets dealt with a perceived lack of accountability. Two of the their best players -- defensive ends Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson -- made it a habit of showing up late to meetings

Is coach Todd Bowles worried about his team's alleged issue with tardiness?

"It's part of it," Bowles said at the NFL owners meeting on Tuesday. "Sometimes you're late to work. It's life. It's not life threatening ... Sometimes your alarm clock isn't going to go off."

Bowles is a former player. He coaches his team as such. He knows things are going to come up with his guys, understands things from their point of view, as is lenient where others are overly strict. He may come from the Bill Parcells coaching tree, but he's not like the ex-Giant coach's other disciple, Tom Coughlin

Bowles will have bigger role in O in '17

Despite missing a team walkthrough before a game against the Ravens, Wilkerson wasn't docked game time another two weeks. The repeated absences and lateness eventually led to his, and Richardson's, first quarter benching in Week 9. 

"Those guys, after that, were sharp," Bowles said. "They were fine. We didn't have a problem with them after that."

ADVERTISING

Wilkerson and Richardson were two players believed to be leaders. Regular tardiness isn't the best way to lead by example. With guys like cornerback Darrelle Revis, receiver Brandon Marshall and quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick now gone, the Jets are running a bit low on guys others can follow. 

There's defensive end Leonard Williams, but he's overshadowed in a meeting room with Wilkerson and Richardson. There's left tackle Kelvin Beachum and quarterback Josh McCown, but they were just signed. Receiver Robby Anderson is heading into just his second year. 

Bowles: #1 QB going into spring is ...

Still, Bowles believes it will work itself out. 

"I think a bunch [of younger guys] have the leadership qualities," Bowles said. "It's just about saying it at the right time. You can't force a leader. You can train them, some of them are naturally gifted, but you step up as you see fit. 

"We have about 15 of them that I'm pretty sure can lead." 

Connor Hughes may be reached at chughes@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @Connor_J_Hughes. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

i'd be concerned with this answer.  the tardiness is just the beginning.  pretty soon players will start slacking off in practice culminating in slacking off in games.  i think bowles needs to understand this and take a harder stance when players start ignoring the details.

Just now, thadude said:

This organization is a joke.  Enjoy the kool-aid

So instead of answering my question or even attempting to come up with a solid point to retort, you come up with an dumb insult that doesn't even apply to me, because if I was drinking the kool-aid, I would not have criticized anybody at all.

Just now, rangerous said:

i'd be concerned with this answer.  the tardiness is just the beginning.  pretty soon players will start slacking off in practice culminating in slacking off in games.  i think bowles needs to understand this and take a harder stance when players start ignoring the details.

Yes. And if that happens, he'll be let go at the end of the year. A year where we are not expected to do anything anyway.

14 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Does ANYONE think Bowles is a good coach?  You'd have to be a fool to think he'll be here for much longer.

He played under Gibbs and coached under Parcells. He should b used to discipline at some level.smh

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So instead of answering my question or even attempting to come up with a solid point to retort, you come up with an dumb insult that doesn't even apply to me, because if I was drinking the kool-aid, I would not have criticized anybody at all.

What point?  This is getting to be boring.  Bowles shouldn't have survived last season.  The guy is a disaster.  You want him back to tank?  Why even field a team lets just sign 53  Girl Scouts and make Richard Simmons the head coach we get Darnold 

17 minutes ago, thadude said:

Bowles and Mac will be gone after next season

maybe you guys are right and this 0-16 Sh-tshow is what we need to get Sam Darnold.  Ofcourse if I'm Darnold and I'm seeing this idiotic ownership and a team going 0-16 I'm saying "hey maybe I hang out with the cheerleaders here in USC my senior year"

Not a sustainable way to run an NFL franchise by hoping a draft falls your way

Just now, thadude said:

What point?  This is getting to be boring.  Bowles shouldn't have survived last season.  The guy is a disaster.  You want him back to tank?  Why even field a team lets just sign 53  Girl Scouts and make Richard Simmons the head coach we get Darnold.

He earned last year's mulligan by his good first year. How can you not understand this? How can I make this simpler for you?

If you are +1 your first year and you're -1 the second year, what does that equal? That equals 0. So, he gets a third year because he's not in the negative.

Now this year, the record wont mean much because they are going to most likely suck anyway, So it will come down to whether his players play with consistent effort this year and the young players show improvement. That's it. If that happens, he's fine. If not, he's gone.

Archived