Bowles is the biggest part of the problem, not the solution.

DonCorleone

3 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Not a sustainable way to run an NFL franchise by hoping a draft falls your way

Yet supposedly that's what we're doing

I don't think we are tanking at all.  Mac and Bowles are just way over their heads

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He earned last year's mulligan by his good first year. How can you not understand this? How can I make this simpler for you?

If you are +1 your first year and you're -1 the second year, what does that equal? That equals 0. So, he gets a third year because he's not in the negative.

Now this year, the record wont mean much because they are going to most likely suck anyway, So it will come down to whether his players play with consistent effort this year and the young players show improvement. That's it. If that happens, he's fine. If not, he's gone.

We went 10-6 against the NFL's easiest schedule and missed the playoffs

Bowles didn't win the super bowl. 

Relax

Just now, thadude said:

We went 10-6 against the NFL's easiest schedule and missed the playoffs

Bowles didn't win the super bowl. 

Relax

Did you not read what I said before? 

30 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

When you win 10 games your first season, regardless of how it's done, you're going to be looked at as a qualified head coach. That's basically it. No matter how much of a mirage it might be.

1 minute ago, thadude said:

I love this prevailing thought that the Jets are tanking for Darnold-- that is so not what is happening 

Lol. The only thing right now that is clear to me is that the Jets do not have a QB. They are the weakest team in the AFCE at that position

And now that I see you have the sentence structure of a Valley Girl, a lot of things make sense to me. (Not a personal attack, just an observation)

Too bad Christian Hackenturd plays qb like a Valley Girl

40 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Why do you give Macc a pass? He is not any brighter. Just look at this years QB's and last ears roster. Stop with this sh1t already

I'm not he has failed on 3 out of 4 picks in the 1st two rounds since he came here.  I've said repeatedly if he does not totally nail this draft he should be gone.  He is handicapped though by a system coach who has no clue on how to use players that do not fit nicely in his 'hybrid' scheme.

All GMs should control who the coach is so they can effectively be on the same page when building a team.

56 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But who judges delusion? What makes you the judge of delusion

And actually you are right, Should have remembered QI. Many people thought the world was round.

The fact that I can support my stance with factual information is what makes me the judge in this particular case.

Wrong, in large part due to inadequate information, =/= delusion.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It goes to our MORON owner.  A real businessman would figure out Bowles is an empty skulled nitwit.

Yet Woody hired him.  Another DC who fooled our Owner.

In all fairness to Woody, Toilet Bowle was one of the hottest candidates out there that year by all accounts and recommended by his "expert" consultants. I can't blame Woody for the hire.

That being said, I do blame Woody for not firing the toilet after last season when it was obvious he can't coach his way out of a paper bag,

Just now, gEYno said:

The fact that I can support my stance with factual information is what makes me the judge in this particular case.

Wrong, in large part due to inadequate information, =/= delusion.

And what is this factual information concerning the fans? Seriously, I would like to see it

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, I don't think they are intentionally tanking.

They are saying "We're probably not going to be good this year, so we'll get some low risk people in on short term deals and play our young guys and see what happens." That's the plan

Like when they offered $12mm per to a 27-year-old inside linebacker

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Like when they offered $12mm per to a 27-year-old inside linebacke

The more I think about it, the more I think that was just a Hail Mary to see if he would take it or not. I have a feeling that they were pretty sure that he was going to go back to New England, so they just offered up something to see if he would take it, knowing that he wouldn't.  Maybe to jack the price on NE? Possibly.

In other words, the Jets kind of bluffed, and Hightower didn't call them on it.

And the fact that they didn't go after another ILB after that kind of confirms that.

The more I think about it, the more I think that was just a Hail Mary to see if he would take it or not. I have a feeling that they were pretty sure that he was going to go back to New England, so they just offered up something to see if he would take it, knowing that he wouldn't.  Maybe to jack the price on NE? Possibly.

In other words, the Jets kind of bluffed, and Hightower didn't call them on it,

somebody oughta stake Bigg Macc for the WSOP

And what is this factual information concerning the fans? Seriously, I would like to see it

"The fans" are not employed by the team, and "the fans" don't make decisions for the team.  "The fans" also don't play football on Sundays, and in that sense, don't affect the results.  I don't know what more you're asking for.

That sometimes, "the fans" have an opinion, and the management shares that opinion and acts on it, does not mean "the fans" make the decision, or even influence it.

Here's an example... "The fans" would have fired Bowles this year, no?  So, why wasn't Bowles fired?

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

In other words, the Jets kind of bluffed, and Hightower didn't call them on it.

And the fact that they didn't go after another ILB after that kind of confirms that.

The mental gymnastics it takes for you to confirm your opinions is tremendously impressive.

Just now, gEYno said:

"The fans" are not employed by the team, and "the fans" don't make decisions for the team.  "The fans" also don't play football on Sundays, and in that sense, don't affect the results.  I don't know what more you're asking for.

That sometimes, "the fans" have an opinion, and the management shares that opinion and acts on it, does not mean "the fans" make the decision, or even influence it.

Here's an example... "The fans" would have fired Bowles this year, no?  So, why wasn't Bowles fired?

That's a very good question. And also why is Woody seemingly going along with this "rebuild"? It goes against everything he has done in the past. So what has changed?

Answer: 

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's a very good question. And also why is Woody seemingly going along with this "rebuild"? It goes against everything he has done in the past. So what has changed?

Answer: 

So, lets say you're correct, even though there's no factual evidence to support this, as Woody Johnson remains the owner of the Jets, attended the NFL owners meeting, and is not officially the ambassador of anything today... What about all of the other times that "the fans" didn't agree with what the Jets did?  What about all of those times when Woody Johnson wasn't at some point going to become the ambassador to England and the Jets still went against the will of "the fans"?

Here's the reality - you want to blame Jets fans, because you, frankly, don't like Jets fans.  You've made this clear.  So, you look for a reason to blame the fans for the teams failures.  When the Jets fire Idzik, which was a good move at the time, and confirmed by history, you blame the fans because the fans wanted him gone.  When the Jets don't fire Bowles/Macc, you find some alternative excuse as to why the Jets weren't listening to the fans this time.  You're completely blind to objective reality by your own biases.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

So, lets say you're correct, even though there's no factual evidence to support this, as Woody Johnson remains the owner of the Jets, attended the NFL owners meeting, with his brother,  and is not officially the ambassador of anything today... What about all of the other times that "the fans" didn't agree with what the Jets did?  What about all of those times when Woody Johnson wasn't at some point going to become the ambassador to England and the Jets still went against the will of "the fans"?

Examples?

Archived