Bowles is the biggest part of the problem, not the solution.

DonCorleone

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, phill1c said:

My issues with Bowles mostly have to do with in-game strategy, which, imo, was very passive and weak. The lockerroom? Eh, I don't see how anyone could make that group of under-performing veterans any better, except by getting rid of the players they are jettisoning.

So, I agree with Big Blocker about this season saying more about Bowles's leadership capabilities. He has no more excuses: there is no win-now requirement; he's had two years as a head coach, so there's no 'lack of experience' excuse either. And, he'll have mostly "his" guys, so he has to show he can get players to perform to their potential.

I generally agree but would have said on the last sentence that he needs the players to perform at a level reasonably related to their potential.

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

Without going past the surface, I'd think if nothing else the last 24 months indicate this sure as hell isn't true.

Also, I've been to quite a few road games and visited a lot of major cities.  New York is not like any other, and the idea that Times Square is New York is absurd.  Times Square is a carnival for tourists.

Most New Yorkers avoid Time Square. I know I do.

Archived