Overrated as a motherf**ker thread

T0mShane

On 4/5/2017 at 0:45 PM, jetophile said:

Thank Beelzebub that there's actually people who hate that midget Bruce Springsteen. Fukk him and his under bite. Watching a crotch shot of him sliding and slamming his balls into the camera during the SB HT show was enough to permanently decide me. It's not as if it wasn't written in concrete before that. 

OK, OK, he has his place, some of his acoustic stuff is alright, wrote 'Because the Night' with Patti Smith in a roach motel, lived for rock' n' roll, but you start becoming a parody of yourself at some point. Hang up your cleats and just stop it.

Speaking of hanging up your cleats, I saw 'The Rolling Stones' in Albany in '81 against my parents' objections and almost walked out because Jagger didn't want to say black girls just wanna get fukked all night. Yes, it was the 'Tattoo You' tour, but they were doing some numbers from 'Some Girls',and trust me, it was terrible. Why did I defy my Daddy to watch some skinny white gayblade doing the chicken dance? Stayed in a crap motel with 8 friends, MTV had recently launched, and I fell asleep to Oingo Boingo and Devo. I also ate a bag of Bravos on the way home and puked on the shoulder of the North Way. Bite me, Keith Richards. 

Oh, man, do I ever have the funniest Rolling Stones story ever. Ask me. 

A couple of things:

1. Musicians becoming a parody of themselves is not the fault of the musician, but that of the consumer. Musicians aren't the ones that pitch a fit if the 2nd album doesn't sound like the first album. Your issue here is with Americans, and their overwhelming inability to appreciate artistic exploration vs. wanting consistency. This is why McDonalds is all over the country, while train chefs open burger joints and go out of business.

2. The bold. **** that. If he's got the energy and passion to go out there and deliver what those paying for tickets want, then respect it. This is America, go make your money. This notion that anyone should just "hang it up" so that the pretentious minority can be pleased is absurd. American likes products. He's a product. Get money, **** bitches.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I love David Bowie.  It's hard for me to say who my favorite band/musician, genre, decade, etc is/was...but if I started to name my favorite bands/musicians of all time David Bowie is one of the first mentioned.

Sound and Vision is such a happy song. 

Sorry for the repetitiveness. How many times can I say later in the same paragraph? I'm glad you were able to muddle through. It's an old coma thing. The temporal lobe is a funny thing. Actually, it isn't. I'm sure I was related to Phineas Gage in a past life. 

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

A couple of things:

1. Musicians becoming a parody of themselves is not the fault of the musician, but that of the consumer. Musicians aren't the ones that pitch a fit if the 2nd album doesn't sound like the first album. Your issue here is with Americans, and their overwhelming inability to appreciate artistic exploration vs. wanting consistency. This is why McDonalds is all over the country, while train chefs open burger joints and go out of business.

2. The bold. **** that. If he's got the energy and passion to go out there and deliver what those paying for tickets want, then respect it. This is America, go make your money. This notion that anyone should just "hang it up" so that the pretentious minority can be pleased is absurd. American likes products. He's a product. Get money, **** bitches.

My issue is with Americans? WTH? Thanks, Dr. Freud, but sometimes a cigar really is a cigar. I don't even know what you're talking about, and that's a stretch coming from me. You're over analizing this. Most of what I say is tongue in cheek, and if Sylvester Stallone can get big bucks for having a crooked mouth, so can Rachel Maddow. 

I insult WOPS, Micks, Chinks, Polacks, Wetbacks, yids, lily white fukks like myself, who is naturally Guinea, Dutch, and a bunch of mutt. However, being adopted, in my heart, I will always be Sicilian. I probably have prion disease from eating fried calves brains on Easter as a kid. Well, I only pretended to pick on them, but still. My Mom and my Grandma would cook for three days straight. Carduna, mmmmm. I still have nightmares about Capozelli, though. It was all peasant food, because offal was cheap, but later became delicacies. Lamb's head buzzed in half stuffed with breadcrumbs and a side of eyeball. The Cassata made up for the fainting spells and the dry heaves. My Grandpa also used to make this mutton stew thing with his home-made harsh red wine, potatoes and grapes, which I loved - until it gave me the craps, because meat often didn't agree with my delicate sensibilities. Cassatta, I've actually made it myself many times minus the citron, because that sh it just sukks. I never managed to stand on the same stage with my Mom's baking chops. She could could bake in her sleep. 

Talk about being American, my Daddy never saw mano o mano, but he was turned away twice from the recruitment office for being anemic re: WW2 and never gave up. He had to write to an Argentinian church in Buenos Aires to prove his citizenship here. I have the response from the priest attesting his birth. He saved every single piece of paper regarding his service, and they are thoroughly amazing pieces of personal history. I wear his dog tags sometimes because I miss him terribly.

He was stationed in Naples because he was fluent in perfect Roman Italian. Man, the photos I have. I still have his Army jacket, and his Truman letter that was done by an autopen. They were a dime of a dozen, but in my mind, the uncommon valor of ordinary men. Yes, I have everything that he ever saved, work orders that are misspelled every which but loose by the Army, it's a trip. He loved this country with every fiber of his being, and I'm never far behind. 

My Daddy worked in the garment industry and was one of the most colorful people that I've been blessed to know. He was also able to navigate around so  many languages, I lost count. He wasn't book smart, he was just smart as hey and was born with boundless thirst for knowledge. He shaped me in so many ways as a woman. "If you ever shake your can or bat your eyelashes at anyone, you'll disappoint me, Daughter." 

To exemplify the kind of man my Daddy was, he hired a black Vietnam vet with AIDS and forced everyone to shake his hand at the height of the scourge. RIP, Daddy, but a major kick in the ass for fukking me with the Jets. Who does that? I very seldom visit my parents bones, but the last time that I did, I said it's OK, it's OK, my braces were hurting like fukk in my mind, and l might get over Bobby Humphrey someday. 

On April 3, 2017 at 1:12 PM, jetophile said:

Sun dried tomatoes. But see, they're never really sun-dried. They're pumped full of nitrates and shoved in a dehydrator. Plus, they taste like shoe leather. Does anyone really think that tomato paste is still made on roofs in Italy for American consumption? People are such suckers. 

I used to make it in Patterson, NJ. Now upstate in mid-west NYS; California tomatoes. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2017 at 8:10 AM, nyjunc said:

so many great candidates.

Joe Namath

Eli Manning

Michael Strahan

Jason Taylor

Alonzo Mourning

Phil Rizzuto

Lynn Swann

Bruce Springsteen

Jay Z

Ty Law

Philip Rivers

Carmelo Anthony

Ken O'Brien(by Jet fans)

I agree with Namath, Eli, Melo and Ken O'Brien.  The others I'm not so sure about.  Possibly Lynn Swann also.  

On 5/11/2017 at 3:23 PM, BallinPB said:

I agree with Namath, Eli, Melo and Ken O'Brien.  The others I'm not so sure about.  Possibly Lynn Swann also.  

Namath - yes

Eli - no, has two Super Bowls and has been a pretty solid qb most of his career

O'Brien - not sure if he's under or overrated, he's mostly just known as the guy the Jets drafted over Marino

Melo - has disappointed with the Knicks but took them to the playoffs three straight years including a 54 win season, has a college championship and will be in the HOF, is in a way unlucky because he's in the same draft class as Lebron and Wade

12 hours ago, thadude said:

Namath - yes

Eli - no, has two Super Bowls and has been a pretty solid qb most of his career

O'Brien - not sure if he's under or overrated, he's mostly just known as the guy the Jets drafted over Marino

Melo - has disappointed with the Knicks but took them to the playoffs three straight years including a 54 win season, has a college championship and will be in the HOF, is in a way unlucky because he's in the same draft class as Lebron and Wade

LMFAO.  You disparage Namath outright.  Yet, support a POS like Melo as well as Eli and Obie?  GFY.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:25 AM, munchmemory said:

LMFAO.  You disparage Namath outright.  Yet, support a POS like Melo as well as Eli and Obie?  GFY.

Namath wasn't good after winning the Super Bowl.  I'm sorry that's simply a fact.

Archived