Underrated as a Mofo

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I liked Kyuss better.  That's when Josh Homme had some balls.  The Desert Sessions were great too.

Desert Sessions is the best! Always liked Eagles of Death Metal too in its own quirky way. Weirded me out when it was them w the Paris attack. Never saw them live but been to a few QOTSA shows. 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Most underrated album: Soup by Blind Melon

Most underrated band: Helmet

Most underrated guitarist: Ler 

Most underrated movie: Cabin Boy

Most ubderratted actress: Maria Bello

Most underrated actor: Mads Mikkelsen

Mario Bello, yes. I don't think Mads is underrated. No way. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

In a good way or bad on Mads? He's always great imo. Even in a movie like King Arthur, he's like the only cool part of th movie.

Maria Bello is underrated. I don't think Mads is. 'The Hunt' chilled my blood. It reminded me of that weird case, not the dumbass teacher in LI who wore a Witch Hat and got pink slipped for being Wiccan, but the Kern County Case. Something def transpired, F CA flakes, but wow. 

Being the victim of a witch hunt will never leave the lexicon, because women and their herbs and their curses, curses, curses. It was all a ploy to divest women of property by the RCC, but whenever anyone needed a cure, it was all absorbed by tonsured monks who claimed apothecaries as their own. Nathaniel Hawthorne appended his last name to distance himself from the Salem Witch Trials. Ask me anything. I'm a font of weird facts. 

13 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Maria Bello is underrated. I don't think Mads is. 'The Hunt' chilled my blood. It reminded me of that weird case, not the dumbass teacher in LI who wore a Witch Hat and got pink slipped for being Wiccan, but the Kern County Case. Something def transpired, F CA flakes, but wow. 

Being the victim of a witch hunt will never leave the lexicon, because women and their herbs and their curses, curses, curses. It was all a ploy to divest women of property by the RCC, but whenever anyone needed a cure, it was all absorbed by tonsured monks who claimed apothecaries as their own. Nathaniel Hawthorne appended his last name to distance himself from the Salem Witch Trials. Ask me anything. I'm a font of weird facts. 

The best depiction of this is E12, The Nightcomers, Penny Dreadful. It's Europe, not Salem but same story, dipection. It's a flashback, stand alone episode worth watching on its own due to amazing acting, script, cinematography. 

Oh, P.S: Celibacy, what a load of horse crap. It was what the RCC sold to disinherit the gals and steal land. "Don't get married. Property means I have to steal it from some welping b tich. And then there's some daughters in my way, dunno."  Yes, celibacy was all about disinheriting women clothed in being married to God. Caugh, caugh. What a bunch of disingenuous liars. That's what celibacy stems from. Shove it the Pope's face, and he'll grimace like you handed him a soiled diaper. 

19 hours ago, HessStation said:

Most underrated album: Soup by Blind Melon

Most underrated band: Helmet

Most underrated guitarist: Ler 

Most underrated movie: Cabin Boy

Most ubderratted actress: Maria Bello

Most underrated actor: Mads Mikkelsen

Such a great album.  Shame Hoon had to die when he did, they were just hitting their stride.  I catch myself watching their Woodstock concernt quite a bit these days.  Such a cool performance.  

I live for this song:

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Such a great album.  Shame Hoon had to die when he did, they were just hitting their stride.  I catch myself watching their Woodstock concernt quite a bit these days.  Such a cool performance.  

I live for this song:

Agree on all counts.  This is my personal fave:

And Travis Warren is certainly no Shannon Hoon, but I do like this number quite a bit.  It is very . . . underrated.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

I love that song too JiF. My personal favorite:

On 4/4/2017 at 7:45 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just listened to the Coltrane song you posted (though a version that they removed the 1st 30 seconds of on YouTube - I assume for copyright reasons).  I'm glad YOU posted that.  Love it! 

(And I absolutely hear the influence you spoke of btw)

Yeah, I wasn't 100% positive but as soon as it started I thought of the Coltrane number.

His music from My favorite Things on into the 60's had a huge influence on a lot of musicians, and in different genre's. I hear it often.

19 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yeah, I wasn't 100% positive but as soon as it started I thought of the Coltrane number.

His music from My favorite Things on into the 60's had a huge influence on a lot of musicians, and in different genre's. I hear it often.

I know Jerry Garcia (another of my favorites) was a huge fan of John Coltrane as well.

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know Jerry Garcia (another of my favorites) was a huge fan of John Coltrane as well.

Yeah, a lot of those guys from that era. Check out the tune A Love Supreme with John McGlaughlin and Santana if you're not familiar already...It's great. Especially McGaughlin

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Yeah, a lot of those guys from that era. Check out the tune A Love Supreme with John McGlaughlin and Santana if you're not familiar already...It's great. Especially McGaughlin

Great stuff!  (hadn't heard of it btw)

Archived